Guess the TV shows!

Nah, not them. I find that the spinoff clue makes it really hard 'cause no one knows it’s a spinoff. I’ll find another clue for you guys now. (wink)

1 Like

Show one: Scrubs

1. There was an error in the opening credits for nearly five whole seasons.
  2. The janitor was originally supposed to be a figment of the lead character’s imagination.

SOLVED

Show two: NCIS

1. They keep the “Most Wanted” wall up-to-date
  2. They have two different types of badges; gold for full-time agents and silver for part-time agents.
  3. When the forensic scientist was filling out paperwork in season 12, you’ll see it reveals the character’s middle name is Beethoven.
  4. This show is one of very few spin-offs to run longer than the original show.
  5. The Co-Creator keeps it in the family by casting his step-son as Timothy and his daughter as Timothy’s younger sister. Even the team’s boss’ name (character) was a nod to the family: named after his brother and his father’s middle name.

SOLVED

Show three: Two and a Half Men

1. The actor of the show who plays the single dad is the only one who can claim to have appeared in every single episode of the show’s 12-year run.
  2. The title of every episode comes from a line in the script. It’s a party game to watch the show and identify when they drop the title.
  3. Conchata Ferrell wasn’t originally supposed to be a recurring character, but proved to be such a hit with the audience, that she became a regular cast member at the start of season two.

SOLVED

@Gaming

1 Like

forensic files?

1 Like

I’m not sure I’ve heard of that one. Sadly, no, that’s not it.

1 Like

law and order?

1 Like

I’ll try.

1 Like

NCIS?

1 Like

That’s the one.

1 Like

ooooooh yay

1 Like

Show four:

1. There are a lot of Harry Potter cast cameos
  2. Series one was nominated for seven BAFTA awards.

Show five:

1. One of the show’s villains was inspired by a character from a Japanese Live-Action Sci-fi series called Spectreman.
  2. The producers turned down an offer to keep going with a seventh season, as they were occupied with other projects and most of the original crew had already moved on.

Show six:

1. Most of the main characters’ names have meanings that tie back to their history (in flashback scenes).
  2. The show is almost like a reunion for many of the cast that were in the show, Lost.

@Gaming & @ScreenSloths (& @Tellyg47)

3 Likes

Show Four: Miracle Workers?

1 Like

Good guess but nah, not this time.

Show four:

3. Many of the cast have also appeared on Doctor Who at some point, including three who have all at one point played The Doctor.

Show five:

1. One of the show’s villains was inspired by a character from a Japanese Live-Action Sci-fi series called Spectreman.
  2. The producers turned down an offer to keep going with a seventh season, as they were occupied with other projects and most of the original crew had already moved on.
  3. The characters had different names in different places. In Latin America, they were Bombón, Burbuja, Bellota. On Italian TV, they were Lolly, Dolly, and Molly.

Show six:

1. Most of the main characters’ names have meanings that tie back to their history (in flashback scenes).
  2. The show is almost like a reunion for many of the cast that were in the show, Lost.
  3. One of the actresses whose character was introduced season four, found it hard to wear high heels in the woods and asked that she be barefoot for the role instead.

@Gaming

3 Likes

I would say I can make an epic comeback, but realize I literally only watch dc/marvel shows and an occasional British show to make fun of the bad English dub voice synching.

Show four: way too many dr who’s but im guessing The crown. Since I know Matt was in a decent amount of episodes
Show six: my initial guess was sense8 but it only has two seasons (I would know).

3 Likes

HAHAHA. Well, one of these is a British show that is also in America and another is a popular cartoon.

Nah, it’s not those. I LOVE Sense8. Have you seen it?

2 Likes

Good to know.

I’m on the first season (just started the show) and I’m loving it so far.

2 Likes

Powerpuff Girls?

1 Like

Yes. Nice work.

1 Like

Show four:

3. Many of the cast have also appeared on Doctor Who at some point, including three who have all at one point played The Doctor.
  4. The lead actor also plays the lead in the US remake a year later.

Show five: Powerpuff Girls

3. The characters had different names in different places. In Latin America, they were Bombón, Burbuja, Bellota. On Italian TV, they were Lolly, Dolly, and Molly.

SOLVED!

Show six:

3. One of the actresses whose character was introduced season four, found it hard to wear high heels in the woods and asked that she be barefoot for the role instead.
  4. Most of the objects in the pawn shop on the show were brought in by the cast. There is also a Mickey Mouse phone, in the case, there too.

@Gaming & @ScreenSloths

3 Likes

Teach me your ways

2 Likes