{Home Sweet Home}

To the OOC child

1 Like

A Demeter slot has just opened up for anyone who wants it!

1 Like

@Beauty_Fool just to let you know I took Demeter and Kristi too my Iris child incase you didn’t know

1 Like

I believed that I loved all of those posts, thereby indicating that I read them.
Doncha worry!

1 Like

Oh didn’t see that and didn’t want you to not know so was just double checking sorry

1 Like

Your fine!

1 Like

@Beauty_Fool I do need to ask you about this thread though. What is this thread supposed to be? Is this a chat thread?
Because this one appears to be your signup thread, and this one appears to be your official RP thread. I just want to check to be sure that all the threads are where they should be.

1 Like

This is actually the signup thread while this one is the character sheet for the people in it

1 Like

What do you mean the character sheet?

The outline for characters to be created by/with
You know
The information that I need

1 Like

Oh so that would be the signup information then.

Here in the RP section each RP has a signup thread where the RPers can reserve and signup their character (either through information written/posted on the thread or submitted through a google form) Then the information that is submitted for those characters is normally placed into a google slides so everyone can see them all in one place.
Then there’s the official RP thread where everyone can write their characters’ posts, and some RP creators may choose to make a separate thread for chatting or chatting may just be included on the signup thread.

1 Like

Oh sorry! I figured it’d be better for them to do it this way so that they can better edit and format their characters in a more creative and comfortable way. Plus it’s much easier to give feedback on those characters through the threads. Not even mentioning the fact that not everyone can excess google form but I’ll uhm, keep it in mind I suppose.

These threads are a good place to start to understand how we do things here.

And this thread is helpful if you are interested in making a google slide presentation.

Which that’s fine. Just because a google form is common that doesn’t mean you have to use one. There are other RPs that don’t use a google form either.

But about the threads, since it appears that your “character sheet” thread and this thread are both for signing up, it seems the best course of action is going to be to merge them. Unless you want to make this a chat thread?

2 Likes

I can’t…Really merge them since for the reservations to work, the thread where people who think that the rp is interesting express said feelings have to be seperate since the plan was for people who made a character to have already signed up…Via reservations.
Plus to combine them would mean to have people post both their interest and their characters in one thread correct? I mean- Hopefully, I’m understanding correctly. Won’t that just end up a bit…Messy? How would I fix that?

Most RPs work with RPers reserving on the signup thread, and for some RPs reserves aren’t even required. Especially since an RPer reserving a character is still different from signing up. (Sometimes even when someone reserves they don’t signup their character, or they may take a long time to create that character)

For most RPs here we write a post on This thread with a poll to see who may be interested, and use that to see if there is an interest in the RP. And if there’s enough interest, the RP creator will create the signup thread, tagging those who said they may be interested, and allow for anyone else to may be interested to come signup.

Correct. People would reserve and signup their characters on one thread. From my experience, it wouldn’t make things messier. Every RP I’ve seen/been part of have had reserving and signing up included together, and as long as there’s not random chat included on the thread (basically anything that’s not involved with reserving or creating a character, or important announcements for the RP as a whole) its not messy at all.
Personally, I consider having them as separate threads to be messier, for the forums at least (since at least for us forum staff, we have to treat them as both being signup threads).

1 Like

Hi @Beauty_Fool, you don’t know me but I’m Chid, also an rp leader here (like Brooke ^^) so yes hello hello aha

But I’ve read through this all and I’ve been thinking about it for a few days now, and by the content of your other thread, the CS one, since that is where characters are actually being signed up, that is what would count as your signup thread per the standards of our lil rp section (as Brooke said).

Not wanting to merge it is fine, as merging things admittedly can make things more messy in the short-term, but the fact of the matter remains that this thread and the character sheet one can’t both remain in the #role-plays-and-games:signups section because of their similarity and our no duplicate threads rule. So here’s what I’m thinking: what do you think about moving this thread to the #role-plays-and-games:chat section? That way, people can use the other for solely signups, while still being able to use this thread for reserves as well as be able to chat about made characters/potential characters/the rp etc., therefore maintaining the cleanliness of the character sheet thread! Would that work with you?

1 Like

Mmhm, that’s a rather interesting idea.
And while the rp happens to already be full and such, just for future reference how would that work again? To add a thread like the CS to the signup section alone with none of the information about what the RP is about would be a bit pointless.

The thread that I would rather people talk in {If I had no other choice- I mind you that I use PMs as an OOC because once again, using one thread for multiple things is just messy-} and give feedback to is actually the character sheet where they’d also post their characters in an easy-to-browse and overall more creative way; With this signup one being the one intended for people who want to join to see what slots are yet to be filled then let me know what they want.

I hope I’m not coming across as stubborn or anything- Really I’m just curious! I’m simply just trying to figure out how this would work.

1 Like

How would what work? I don’t know if you’re referring to the idea I mentioned or the usual way we format our signup threads? But for the idea, yes, I agree with you—it would be pointless to add the CS to the signup thread with no prior info. So I’d definitely recommend that you have a lil blurb of info in your OP—usually, each thread of an rp has a little plot thing. It’s not required by any means, but I think people just like having info about the rp being easy to access! And in that lil blurb in the OP, you could have it clearly put that you don’t want people to make reserves there, and input a link for where they could instead go to make reserves. Worst comes worse and they post a reserve, you could just tag me and I could move the post to the appropriate thread just so it’s nice and neat :sparkles:

Ahh okay, I see, I didn’t know that! There’s no problem with that, we have several “signup” threads that serve as both signup and chat threads—its definitely just a matter of preference. But—and not sure if I haven’t already made this clear—you could 1000% have a thread for just OOC if you wanted! That’s what Brooke meant when she said chat thread. Anyways, if the reserves for this is already full, then I have to ask what is the point of this thread? Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but rp full = no more reserves to reserve right? So could it be closed?

I do have to mention though that it’s encouraged for users to have OOC stuff, like, in public whenever possible, just cause it does help a lot with forum activity. And activity is always très bien aha

No worries, I don’t think you’re coming across as stubborn! I think the setup here is just different from what you’re used to, so I get the curiosity~ ^.^

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity