Meeting Health Goals Thread

:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

4 Likes

My goal is not to exhaust myself mentally when 6th form starts.

During GCSEs, I had loads of work to do but I also felt pressured to do multiple things at once - get the 7s, do all the homework to the best of my ability, do plenty of revision, upload to Wattpad, post on Instagram, make it look like I’m okay on the outside, socialize well, prove that I won’t end up working in McDonald’s after Year 11 etc. and it was very overwhelming.

I was prioritizing other people before myself constantly and I ended up shutting down. When exams were over I couldn’t β€œrelax” properly because I kept thinking that I had to revise or do some work. I want good grades, but I don’t want to break myself in order to achieve them.

3 Likes

Physically I just want to be stronger since I have always been on the skinny side and physically kinda weak.Especially in my arm. So I would like to change that this year. I’ve been going to the gym for about a month now and I can really feel myself getting stronger! I’m even slowly developing abs which is great :grin:

Though I do still struggle with the fact that I’m getting heavier .And even though , it’s muscle I’m gaining instead of fat. As someone who grew up in an environment where weighing over a certain number was seen as a crime.The scale is something I still have to actively avoid

1 Like

When I first started college I used to get out of breath on all the stairs and the walking used to tire me out but now I can go up stairs and feel completely normal, walking doesn’t even take a toll on me anymore, every so often I’d do a bigger walk around the city with a friend of mine and while it would tire me out at the end my body still felt okay. It was like getting fitter without even noticing.

3 Likes

Physically I’m good.
Mentally I just decided to not give a million flying farts about everything and I have to be more confident cuz I’m not confident.

1 Like

Damn Shan! :heart_eyes: And I’m happy you’re trying to reach a goal to lose weight. You still accept your body but want to get better in some ways. That’s a good message. And you’re doing a great job at it based on the pictures!

2 Likes

Good thing this thread isn’t body shaming anyone.

Since I’m trying to lose weight but still struggling because of bulimia. I still go to the gym but the problem is that I’m also questioning if I have orthorexia even though I’m not a vegetarian or vegan.

2 Likes

I’m constantly thinking about dieting. Ugh. I love food sooooo much. I was prob happiest with my weight 6-7 years ago. I had lost a little weight, but now gained some and now attempting to go back.

We’ll see… I didnt eat anything unhealthy then and was only feeding myself though and its so much harder now that I live with someone.

Me 6 years ago/my goal

Me with my kitty Talula when she was a baby.

2 Likes

Bfs can be helpful and not helpful!
My bf tries to motivate me, but he bought me a donut today. :tired_face:

2 Likes

I wanna get a little thinner cuz I’m a little bit overweight, but I’m still young and my mom says I still have to grow and I’ll grow it out. But I DO NOT exercise and I need to do that more. I had a bike ride this morning (a short one but still) and I’m gonna try to do that every morning.
And I eat semi healthy… My parents make healthy dinners but we have unhealthy snacks and stuff… And I have pop tarts for breakfast and lemonade all the time.

2 Likes

My goal is to seek professional help and maybe go inpatient for my mental problems, since I still struggle with them. I want to find a way to do it secretly or without my family knowing. I don’t wanna hurt them

Umm, another one is to keep my weight stable. You know, stop freaking out over gaining a pound. Stay thin and keep my weight below 150 pounds.

Hmm. I guess I want to love myself. My skin, with its imperfections, face, hair and body. Everything

I wanna get my old body back, the one I had before depression :sob:

2 Likes

You’re pretty.

I’m 6 years older now haha but thx.

2 Likes

There are phone numbers you can call to talk to someone. Helping yourself is number 1. I’m sure your parents want you happy.

3 Likes

The younger you are when you start being healthy, the better. It just gets harder as you get older. Although I’m not recommending crazy diets, just be conscious about it.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m gonna go on bike rides every morning and stuff like that. I’m already healthy- but like to a normal amount you know (besides desserts and stuff after dinner and sometimes at breakfast stuff like pop tarts etc…) But I’m trying to look up diets and stuff to do. I am a tiny bit over weight but not to a crazy amount but I am still growing and bike riding will hopefully fix that.

3 Likes

Like the suicide hotline? I haven’t talked to the Samaritans in a while…

My physical goal can’t be achieved. :pensive::no_mouth::broken_heart:

Mentally, I want to learn to love myself, and stop giving up on everything. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Aww your so pretty! And I saw the other picture and woahhh your eyes and your hair are so pretty!

2 Likes

For physical, I’d like to start doing rhythmic gymnastics three times a week, which would bring the total up to 6 hours a week. I want to do it as more than a hobby, but less than a career. I also want to improve my balance and back & leg strength.

For mental health, I’d like to get my head on straight enough so that I can do well in GCSEs. But I don’t think that’s possible. I’m in and out of hospital. Get discharged and go right back in.

3 Likes