šŸŒÆ The Official Cook Book Thread šŸŒÆ

Welcome to the cook book thread! This is a thread where you can post food and drink recipes of any kind!

Do you have a good recipe? Tell us! I love food, you probably love food, we all (hopefully) love food!

When you do add a recipe, please state what it is, how to make it, and a certain amount of :star:, one star being a very easy recipe, 5 stars being a very hard recipe. And please add whether a minor would need adult supervision, I donā€™t want anyone getting hurt if they decide to try one of the recipes.

The recipe that I will be sharing is a one :star:! Itā€™s a pretty common recipe that is used for British breakfast, fried bread. Itā€™s not exactly fried bread, but very similar.

What you will need:

Preferably two slices of bread, pan and stove (lol), butter and a knife.

How to cook it:

With the pan on a burner, you put it on medium heat. While that is heating up, you butter both sides of the bread. About two minutes after you buttered the breads, put them on the pan and let them cook for about two minutes on both sides. You know itā€™s ready when both sides are almost golden brown!

Now send me your recipes! I donā€™t care if there not vegan, just send them :joy:

Me after seeing your future recipes:

14 Likes

Guide to make puncakes :laughing: (:star:)

• 1 cup of milk (that depends on how many you wanna make)
  • 1 egg
  • flour (depends on how many you want)
  • 1/2 cup of oil (half cup lol)
  • Baking pouder (thatā€™s how thicc you want to make 'em)
  • big bowl

Instructions

• first pour the milk into the bowl
  • next is the egg
  • then pour the flour
  • then, pour the oil
  • and last the baking pouder

And mix!

• Then add a spoon of butter to the pan and rub it all over the pan
  • Then add some of the mix to make the pancakes

Bonus : Keep adding butter to the pan after you are done with each pancake

2 Likes

Amazing. Inspirational. Glorious.

we always need a good pancake recipe

1 Like

Yummy.

1 Like

Microwave chips (:star:)

For this very simple recipe, you will only need four things!

• A potato (a potato is enough for one serving)
  • Oil (any kind)
  • Salt
  • cold water in a big-ish bowl

Instructions

You will first need to cut very thin potato slices, after that, you put them into the cold ice water for 2-3 minutes. After that, you put them on a paper towel to dry them off, then you get parchment paper which you put on a plate big enough for all of your potato slices. After placing all of the slices onto the parchment paper, you brush on the oil onto both sides. When you have the oil on the slices you can put salt on one side of the slices.

Now off to the microwave! Put them in for 1-2.30 minutes before flipping to the other side for 1-2 minutes. (They may not look like your average potato chip but they taste exactly the same!)

Link to original recipe

3 Likes

Any recipes?

1 Like

How To Make Pizza.

Ingredients

• 2 Ā½ cups warm water (600 mL)
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 7 cups all-purpose flour (875 g), plus more for dusting
  • 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing
  • 1 Ā½ teaspoons kosher salt
  • Ā¼ cup semolina flour (30 g)

OPTIONAL TOPPINGS

TOMATO SAUCE

• 28 oz canned whole tomatoes (795 g)
  • 1 tablespoon salt

MARGHERITA

• Tomato sauce

• Fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into small pieces

• Fresh basil leaf

• Extra virgin olive oil

• Ricotta cheese

• Fresh basil pesto

• Dried oregano

PEPPERONI

• Tomato sauce
  • Spicy pepperoni slice
  • Freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Preparation

1. ā€œBloomā€ the yeast by sprinkling the sugar and yeast in the warm water. Let sit for 10 minutes, until bubbles form on the surface.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the middle and add the olive oil and bloomed yeast mixture. Using a spoon, mix until a shaggy dough begins to form.
  3. Once the flour is mostly hydrated, turn the dough out onto a clean work surface and knead for 10-15 minutes. The dough should be soft, smooth, and bouncy. Form the dough into a taut round.
  4. Grease a clean, large bowl with olive oil and place the dough inside, turning to coat with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for at least an hour, or up to 24 hours.
  5. Punch down the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead for another minute or so, then cut into 4 equal portions and shape into rounds.
  6. Lightly flour the dough, then cover with a kitchen towel and let rest for another 30 minutes to an hour while you prepare the sauce and any other ingredients.
  7. Preheat the oven as high as your oven will allow, between 450-500ĖšF (230-260ĖšC). Place a pizza stone, heavy baking sheet (turn upside down so the surface is flat), or cast iron skillet in the oven.
  8. Meanwhile, make the tomato sauce: Add the salt to the can of tomatoes and puree with an immersion blender, or transfer to a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth.
  9. Once the dough has rested, take a portion and start by poking the surface with your fingertips, until bubbles form and do not deflate.
  10. Then, stretch and press the dough into a thin round. Make it thinner than you think it should be, as it will slightly shrink and puff up during baking.
  11. Sprinkle semolina onto an upside down baking sheet and place the stretched crust onto it. Add the sauce and ingredients of your choice.
  12. Slide the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone or pan. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the crust and cheese are golden brown.
  13. Add any garnish of your preference.
  14. Enjoy!

Source. :purple_heart: :butterfly:

3 Likes

Newst recipe that I have found is for bagels!

vegan bagels (:star::star::star:)

For this semi difficult recipe, you will need six things!

• 1 1/4 cups water

• 4 1/2 cups bread flour

• 3 tablespoons white sugar

• 1 teaspoon salt

• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil

• 1 tablespoon instant yeast

First you have to mix 1 1/4 cups water, 4 1/2 cups bread flour, 3 tablespoons white sugar, 1 teaspoon salt. You can do this by using a mixer or by hand, I have only done it by hand, but in the original video, it shows them using a mixer.

Fully incorporate the dough.

After dough is fully incorporated, get a large bowl and add a small amount of oil to the bowl and on the top of the dough. Cover the bowl containing the dough with a towel or plastic wrap and let it sit for 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 475 degrees

After 2 hours of rest, separate the dough into six sections and make the dough into bagel shapes. Once that is done, get a pot of water and have it lightly boiling. Once boiling, put the bagel(s) in the water for one minute for each side. after that, put it on a try with parchment paper and put it on the middle rack for 15-20 minutes.

1 Like

Salt in soda tastes surprisingly good. :white_heart:

1 Like

ā€¦

hides

2 Likes

Soundsā€¦disgusting

2 Likes

Who wants me to give the recipe of my latkes?

• I do :raising_hand_woman::raising_hand_man:
  • Iā€™ll pass :confused:

0 voters

1 Like

Ingredients:

• 1 (10.75 ounces) package Sara LeeĀ® Frozen Pound Cake
  • 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread divided
  • 1/2 (5.3 ounces) container frozen chocolate whipped topping frosting thawed
  • shaved chocolate (optional)

Directions:

1. Slice pound cake horizontally into 3 layers.
  2. Spread bottom layer with 1/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread. Top with second layer. Spread with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread. Top with remaining cake layer.
  3. Frost entire cake with thawed chocolate whipped topping frosting. Sprinkle top with shaved chocolate, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
  4. Cut into 8 slices, serve.
3 Likes

My mom has a cookbook, letā€™s see if I can steal a recipeā€¦

1 Like

Vegan Muffins (applesauce muffins) (:star::star:)

This easy recipe calls for a couple things

• 1 cup applesauce

• 3 tbsp oil OR applesauce or mashed banana

• 2 tbsp milk of choice

• 2 tsp pure vanilla extract

• 2 tsp white or cider vinegar

• 1 cup spelt, white, or oat flour

• 1/4 cup sugar or unrefined sugar

• 1/2 tsp salt

• 1/2 tsp each: baking soda and baking powder

• 1/4 tsp cinnamon

• optional handful raisins, crushed walnuts, shredded coconut, etc.

(Youā€™ll need two medium sized bowls, one for wet ingredients and the other for dry)

Whisk all liquid ingredients together. Preheat oven to 350, and line a muffin tin. In a new bowl, stir remaining ingredients very well. Pour dry into wet, and stir until just evenly mixed. Fill each liner about 2/3 of the way, leaving a little room because they will rise. Bake on the center rack, 20 minutes or until muffins have domed and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out mostly clean. Let cool. (If you loosely cover overnight on the counter or refrigerated, the liners peel off easily the next day and flavor and texture are even better.) Leftovers can be frozen if desired. Be sure to rate the recipe below if you try it!

Link to original recipe: Applesauce muffins

3 Likes

Nice thread, so bump

1 Like

Bump ump ummity

1 Like

Oops, I forgot about my momā€™s recipe from her cookbook. I need to find it!

I still havenā€™t found it lol

2 Likes

Banana Bread :yum: :star:
(Minors: Ask your parents before using the oven/stove by yourself. If you arenā€™t experienced using an oven- ask a parent to help with this.)

• 3 ripe bananas, mashed

• 1 cup white sugar

• 1 egg

• 1/4 cup melted butter

• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

• 1 teaspoon baking soda

• 1 teaspoon salt
    You will need:
    9x5 loaf pan - two regular mixing bowls - mixing spoons/mixing spatula
    Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
    I use nonstick spray or melted butter- but a light coat of oil will work,too
  2. a. Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and butter together in a bowl.
    b. Mix flour and baking soda together in a separate bowl.
    c. stir into banana mixture until batter is just mixed.
    d.Stir salt into batter.
    e.Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean, approximately 1 hour.
2 Likes