The Selection - General Chat

The Selection

Years ago, after the Third World War, the nation of Illea was founded. The country was formed from what was once the United States, and encompassed the remainder of North America. With a new country ruled by a monarchy, a new society came to be. Illea was split into 35 provinces, and a caste system was initiated. The caste system defines the lives of everyone in Illea. What caste you are decides what you can do, what opportunities you’ll have, and how others will view you. At the top, there’s the Ones, the royal family themselves, leading all the way to the lowest caste, the Eights, the homeless and those considered to be a drain on society. Your caste is who you are, and there’s little hope for changing that, unless a female were to marry into her husband’s caste, or a man were to be drafted into the military. However, there’s another way that only comes once in a generation. The Selection.

When the prince of Illea comes of age, the Selection begins. One girl between the ages of 16 and 20 is randomly selected from each province to come to the palace where they will have the opportunity to win the prince’s heart and become his wife and the princess of Illea. The only question is, which girl will win?

This is the chat thread for the rp! Please make sure to keep any general chat away from the signup thread and post here instead of there. Talking about the rp on the signup thread is fine, but try to keep that thread to mainly just signups/questions/announcements. Everything here is free game to talk!

Links

Faceclaims (Selected & Royal Family): Link
Faceclaims (Palace Staff): Link
General Information: Link (Please Read - includes information on the castes, upcoming events, and more)

Signup Thread: Link
RP Thread: Link

Character Outfits: Link
Event Suggestions: Link
Approachable Characters/Current Interactions: Link

4 Likes

Oooh, nice the chat thread is here!

1 Like

Hi

I didn’t see any recent posts, so I’m just asking in that thread instead

Also, I didn’t know we could add our own outfits! I should really look for some

1 Like

yayy

1 Like

Yes!
I wouldn’t say outfits are highly important, but very helpful and encouraged.

1 Like

Ooh nice!

Also, is there any specific theme the outfits have to be?

1 Like

Work has exhausted me a lot, so I really can’t get myself to start writing

I want to do the song I think each character matches based off my first impressions

4 Likes

Ooh, I love that idea!

1 Like

Dresses, mostly modern semi-formal is definitely good.
For this first day, there’s a bit of variety, and you can look through the other girls’ outfits for comparison.

And If at any point there’s a specific type of outfit required/encouraged I’ll say it.

2 Likes

Oooh

1 Like

When i get home!!

1 Like

Y’all put your fits on the thingy!!

1 Like

Woo

1 Like

I put in her outfit, I hope it’s not too muchhh (then again, she would wear a flashy outfit)

2 Likes

Let her be flashy!!

2 Likes

It’s not too much/too flashy at all :grin:

2 Likes

I have some dresses saved that are very out there

2 Likes

Okay I’m home! Time for my music biased (probably a little superficial) opinions!

2 Likes