Felix & Miko’s Adventure RP

Felix Koyle and Miko Vadel are the “heroes” of the story and are hired to basically stop an impending war, not that they know this… yet. Felix and Miko are hired-adventurers, known only for the tasks they do and not for who they were before this chosen career path. They soon receive this “mission” or “quest” and undergo many challenges in order to complete it. Something is missing or was it stolen and they have to get it back in time before war breaks out. @sunflower.flow and @Nil choose the path for Felix and Miko, as well as their weapons, clothing, and even how they interact and battle. Will they be successful or die trying?

Nil and Marta’s characters’ FCs!

Additional info:

Skill, Stamina, Luck

You will give a score for each one, but they change constantly during the adventure. However, totals may never exceed your initial scores, except on rare occasions.

Skill
This score reflects how well you can fight and use a weapon. This is the only score that can stay relatively unaffected.

Stamina
This score reflects your well-being, your determination and overall fitness. When a stamina score reaches zero, the result is death.

Luck
This score reflects how lucky you are. You can use luck at various times. In battle or in other situations, but be aware that you can be lucky or unlucky. If you are lucky, great, but if you are unlucky then the results can disastrous. When using luck in battles, you can use it to inflict a more serious wound on the creature you have wounded or to minimise the effects of a wound inflicted on you.

I will be making sure luck fair when you use it and be rolling dice to determine the outcome. If you have a higher luck score, the higher your chance to be lucky! Though each time you test your luck, you will subtract on point from your score.

Battles

You will often come across creatures on your travels. Some may be friendly and others may not. At times, you may be given the option of either being sneaky or to flee. Although, if not, or if you choose not to, you will battle the creature.

During a battle, you will be given the creature’s stamina and skill score. Depending on your attacks, movement, and other choices, will depend on the damage you cause and how much is caused to you. Getting damaged will make your stamina (and possibly skill) level to decrease, meaning you will be weaker in the battle unless you manage to restore it. You may have to fight more than one monster at a time, but you will be told how to deal with it when it happens.

If you decide to flee during a battle, then it should be noted that the creature automatically gets one wound on you.

Equipment & Potions

You will start with the bare minimum of equipment, but you can find or buy more during your travels. You are armed with two weapons of choice and your own choice of dress. You will have a backpack for your Provisions and any treasures you come across.

In addition, you may take one bottle of magic potion to help aid you in your quest. These can be taken at any time during the quest, except when engaged in battle. Each potion may only be used once.

Here are the choices:
A potion of skill - restores your skill points
A potion of strength - restores your stamina points
A potion of fortune - restores your luck points and adds one to your initial score.

This thread is only for @sunflower.flow, @Nil, and I to continue the story, but if you want to comment on it if you read along, that’s cool, just please blur or hide it on the thread.
Though if you want to be part of one with your own character, then feel free to sign-up here.

3 Likes

Miko was up before the sun. not because he particularly wanted too, but because Felix told him that he was bringing in the cows this morning. To Miko, Felix was his, if not for a better word, boss. It was Felix’s farm, and though they were friends, Miko was still technically working for Felix.

This morning was rather chilly and the splattering of raindrops on Miko’s back as rode half-circles around the herd on the farm quad. Felix was awake and up too, except under the shelter of the milking shed, preparing for the first lot of cows. As he turned on the machine for the suction cups, a grubby and slightly damn note was taped to the switch. It read, “Felix & Miko. 6am. Black Sedan. Pack.”

It meant they had an hour and a half, not long enough to finish this morning’s milking. Felix needed to call in help to take over, not just for this morning but for the next few days as well. What else they needed to do was to each pack a backpack that wasn’t too heavy on their back. Of course, their weapons, they carried, along with the clothing they were each going to wearing. But what goes inside his pack?

• One change of clothes
  • Some kind of bottled drink
  • 5 items of food
  • Their potions
  • Something that can be used a blanket (a blanket is fine)
  • And two smaller items each of their choosing

Once Felix and Miko (and @sunflower.flow and @Nil) choose what to put in their packs, they must go out to the waiting car.

2 Likes

Felix took the note and looked at it carefully for any extra clues. However, apart from a fairly succinct and lazy message, he found nothing interesting. Not satisfying his curiosity, he put the paper in his pocket with an annoyed grunt. Maybe the note will come in handy someday.

Looking through the open door, he noticed Miko herding a herd of cows. He smiled to himself. Felix was very associated with his farm. He took it over from his father, who died of an unknown disease two years ago. It was on this farm that he grew up and learned the secrets of agriculture. His products are in great demand in local stores, and Felix himself knows that he and Miko are doing a damn good job. Entrusting this Felix’s life sanctuary to someone else was more than stressful. There was only one person in this world who was trustworthy enough to take care of the farm while Felix was away. The man pulled his cell phone out of his pocket. The old, dilapidated model turned on slowly as if awakened from a long sleep. It was working slower than a snail and refused to cooperate with its owner. It was shutting down all the time, breaking calls by itself, and constantly vibrating with anger. After a few minutes of dealing with this monstrous machine, Felix managed to dial the number he wanted. After three short beeps, a thick voice has spoken:

“Hello?” the voice had morning hoarseness and was clearly exasperated. Clearly, Felix woke him up.

“Uncle, hello. It’s me, Felix.” his uncle laughed happily. He was about to start telling his nephew how he spent the last two years, but Felix was faster. "I have to leave, could uncle take care of the farm? It’s very important,” he blurted out with incredible speed.

There was silence on the other side. Felix was slowly getting impatient but urging his uncle would discourage him from taking up the job even more. “You know very well that I’ll never set my foot there. Not… after the death of…” he grunted. “I will send my best employee there.”

Felix was not going to hand over his farm to a stranger, much less give up. By nature, stubborn and impulsive, he tried to choose his words in such a way as not to upset his uncle. “This is an exceptional situation. This farm means a lot to me and you, uncle, are the only person I trust enough to entrust this heavy burden of looking after the place. Besides, I’ll be back before the rooster crows."

His pleading reply did not receive an answer quickly. Uncle thought for so long that Felix’s phone began to vibrate, signaling that it was about to end the awkward conversation itself.

“Theodor will be there in an hour and a half,” Felix heard, and before he could protest, his uncle hung up.

“Sh*t,” he drawled, putting the phone in his pocket. Red out of exasperation, he turned his anger into something more useful: packing. He headed for the storage box at the back of the milking parlor. From there he pulled out two thick woolen blankets and two three-liter bottles full of milk. He also packed his potion, a handful of dried beef, a mixture of raisins and cranberries, a loaf of bread, and fresh blueberry jam. On the way to the wardrobe, which was in another building, he picked three apples and put them in his backpack as well. From the closet, he pulled out extra clothes and a bottle of alcohol hidden under a pile of materials. Checking if Miko was not around, he carefully placed it in his backpack. The last thing he took was a map.

Prepared, he went back to the milking parlor, where he waited for Miko to return with the cows. They had to leave soon.

I’m back! Also, sorry for any mistakes. And yes, the extra blanket and bottle of milk are for Miko. I hope that’s okay with you Nil. AH! I’m excited for this!

@CrazyCaliope (Narrator) & @Nil (Miko Vadel) ~ I hope I can tag you!

Also, I started changing his personality, Cali. But can you possibly switch his age to 34 instead of 28? I’d really appreciate it.

2 Likes

For as long as Miko can remember, he has always been under the care of Felix… and he’s always been herding the cows. As much as he likes to do something to his own desires, Miko knew he just couldn’t slack off when it comes to giving a hand to the person who took care of him when no one else did aside from himself. The man gave him a favour that could last his entire life, so Miko was just hoping to return it by helping him with his farm. To him, Felix is just as important to him as himself.

But waking up even before he could clearly see his surroundings has always been his enemy. Miko should be used to it by now, but he just wasn’t one to wake up even before the sun was still rising. And what just made it worse was the rain, but Miko didn’t let himself be defeated by it nonetheless. A little rain won’t make me sick. he scoffed to himself, grabbing a hat so that he wouldn’t have to immediately take a shower after herding.

His job well done, his brows furrowed at the sight of Felix standing still at the milking parlor. He looked set for something that he apparently wasn’t informed about. “Are you moving out?” he asked in all wonder, not actually waiting for a decent answer from him. He studied the man from the ground he stood to his hair, his interest aroused by the fact that he actually looked like he’s going on an adventure. “Wait, let me go with you! I don’t wanna herd cows while you’re away!”

Not waiting even nod from Felix, he ran to his room and searched for his back pack. His brows furrowed again when he saw it on his bed, figuring that it was his boss-friend that must’ve got it out of his closet. He opened it, surprised to see a couple of things already packed inside—a bottle of milk and a comfy blanket. Not giving too much thought about it, he changed himself into an outfit somehow similar to Felix’s and packed another for when he needs to change. He went outside with the bag, grabbing the potion of skill he’d gotten from the market yesterday. He grabbed packs of dried beef along with a last bag of bread. “Geez, it’s the last…” He got himself his favorite canned tuna and whole wheat crackers, completing it with a single fresh apple. He didn’t forget his weapons, of course—the sword that he actually just displays on his back, and a big axe he has not been using since last he ventured. He also brought a small but convenient knife, slipping it into his bag with his mother’s silver ring. Anywhere he went, he just have to always carry it; it was like a lucky charm to him, guarding an guiding him ever since he lost her to an incurable disease.

Completely packed, he ran back to the milking parlor. Seeing Felix still standing there, a wide grin met his features in excitement. “You actually waited for me!” he shouted even before he could reach the man. “Let’s go?”

@sunflower.flow

2 Likes

Felix combed his wet hair with his hand. Raindrops fell from the strands to his forehead and slowly made their way to his nose and mouth. It was extremely refreshing. Felix has always liked the rain.

The rain reminded him of his mom, but Felix didn’t know why. After all, he never met her. His thoughts focused for a moment on the memories of her that his father shared with him during bedtime stories, walks together, dinners, and even while resting in silence and watching the rain drip from the roof.

It took a moment for him to realize that Miko was asking him something. He turned to make eye contact with the equally drenched young boy. It involuntarily spawned a barely visible smile on his face. Felix wanted to say something. Mention the trip and the frivolous uncle. Prepare Miko for leaving the farm. Even though the boy was no longer a child, Felix always felt obligated to look after him. He was like an older brother who should tell this younger brother everything he needed to know about the world. However, before he even started forming sentences in his head, Miko ran out rapidly.

Felix watched the youngster gallop across the field towards their home. In fact, Felix knew that he didn’t need Miko at all. He would be amazing at looking after the farm by himself, and he would probably have done well during this mysterious journey too, but … what he appreciated most about Miko was the possibility of entrusting him with all his secrets. Miko was his companion, a longtime friend. A faithful mate. And Felix was eternally grateful to him for that.

He could tell him that he doesn’t have to pay off any ”debt”; that he does not expect help from him on the farm. Felix couldn’t do that. The mere thought of it made him feel strangely dismal.

Miko returned as quickly as he left, but this time with a heavy backpack on his back. Felix smiled again and, before explaining anything to Miko, he stuffed the sword wrapped with sheepskin and 10 arrows into his own bag. “Yes, we can go now.” a note of excitement melodied from his lips as he said it. This was not his first mission, but it was the first expedition he knew so little about.

“At 6.00 a car will pick us up. It’s going to be a sedan," he informed Miko as they were walking towards the wooden gate. “And in a few minutes, my uncle’s man should arrive. He’ll look after the farm,” he sighed softly. He still had not fully come to terms with his loss in this conversation. “That’s all we know about this trip so far…” he smiled. “But that thrills me even more!”

@Nil ~ Miko Vadel

@CrazyCaliope ~ Narrator

2 Likes

Miko held tight on his backpack as he reached Felix’s side, expressing his uncontainable excitement for this adventure they were going to. It was just what he needed, a journey for him to finally be able to swing his weapon. Instead of waking up early to herd cows, he was going to wake up early for an adventure.

“I’m totally making this a one good adventure,” he stated with Felix’s confirmation. “And I’m gonna bring me home a lot of gold.” He waved his hands to the air, emphasizing his imagination on how big the gold he had pictured in his mind. He laughed at his dream, following Felix as he started to walk towards the gate.

He nodded as he listened to his information, “So that’s why we’re so early, huh,” he stated, though it was obvious enough to be necessarily spoken. “Can I trust that man to not kill my favorite cow over there?” He pointed to side, particularly to nowhere and in a definitely wrong direction. He quickly returned it to his side, gripping to his back pack and adjusting it. “I can’t wait to know what where we’re going to!”

@sunflower.flow

2 Likes

“I am not sure if there will be a lot of gold. And even if there was, I would find the gold first." Felix kidded with a broad smile. He was pleased that Miko was not stressed by the trip, which only made Felix more respectful of the boy. “But one can always dream.”

They were getting closer to the gate, traversing the vast cornfield. Felix felt his heart twitch again. He really didn’t want to leave his father’s farm to someone else. Miko’s comment made him even more uncertain. “I hope all the animals will come out of it alive.” He muttered, following Miko’s finger. Only after a while, he realized that the boy did not know what he was talking about. Felix frowned. “But I’ll let him know Patty is remarkably important to us.” He nodded, though he knew perfectly well that none of their heifers had that name. Teasing Miko was what Felix liked best.

After a while, they were at the gate. Felix opened it with a heavy sigh, letting himself and Miko out. To one of the wooden beams, he attached a piece of paper with all the information about the farm. “Now at least we will be sure that the uncle’s man will not forget anything.” He turned to Miko. “Only one… thing is missing.” With a cunning smile, he added a notice about the non-existent cow Patty, which required extra careful care. “It’s perfect now.” Pride was basically pouring out of Felix. That was an extremely successful joke. “We can only wait now, lad,” he added. A car should be picking them up any minute.

@Nil ~ Miko Vadel

Apologies for any mistakes! I hope my post is fine enough

2 Likes

“Well, in that case, let’s do a race. Whoever gets the gold we find first wins,” Miko said. In an adventure, the amount of gold was what he cared for before the adventure’s excitement itself—just imagine the amount of things you can exchange for it. And even when the adventure hasn’t began yet, Miko already knew what he would first purchase when they hopefully successfully come back: some good liquor for celebration, maybe.

Miko’s lips turned into a small frown, narrowing his eyes at the man in front of him. “I cared for those since I was an infant. I’m gonna make them pay if I see someone is missing.” he said, a little exaggeration mixed in for the mood. When he saw Felix’s frown, he let out a chortle. “Who’s Pa-” Miko quickly recognized him riding on his humor, and instead of continuing his question, he stared at the man for seconds before chuckling again. “That would be great.”

Miko watched as Felix almost unwillingly put up the paper, reading the words written on it as he did. A brow rose from him, noticing the not-so-normal smile on Felix’s face. Following where his hands went, Miko’s lips pursed, though he wasn’t successful in containing his laugh to what Felix had pulled. He made sure “Patty” was specially taken care of, even though that name didn’t belong to anyone in particular. “I must say,” he started, chuckles between his words. “you know things. This will certainly be amusing when we come home.”

Turning his body towards the road, he was still not finished with his laughing business. He had too much fun with their departure, but maybe that would just but right to start whatever was ahead of them. A smile painted on his face, he folded his arms as he waited for a car that would pick them up soon.

@sunflower.flow

2 Likes

At 6am on the dot, the black Sedan pulled up right in front of them. The windows were fully tinted and it was hard to see much of what was inside. There were two clicks and both back doors (one on each side) opened. There was no response from the person driving.

Inside the car’s backseat (area) was neither special nor out of the ordinary. Except that the centre armrest was down with something inviting perched atop of it, two glasses and two cups. Each cup help help an inch of brown liquid with one ice cube. From the smell it was whisky, and the other strong aroma was from the small white cup. It was freshly brewed black coffee with a beautiful reddish-brown crema on top.

@sunflower.flow & @Nil - don’t know if I have to tag, are you watching this thread?

2 Likes

Moments later, a black car stopped right in front of them. It wasn’t the most modern model, but it didn’t seem to fit in their little old-fashioned village anyway. Felix noticed some of the farmers peering out of their residences’ windows, watching this unusual spectacle with surprise. But Felix didn’t care. He never did.

Ignoring the others (along with Miko), Felix vigorously jumped into the car, not even closing the door behind him. Instead, he cheerfully picked up the cup with what seemed to be whiskey (the only fact that mattered was that it was alcohol), and he drank the entire contents of it in one gulp. “Where are we going?” Felix directed the question to the unusually quiet driver. He wiped the remaining droplets of alcohol on his face with his sleeve, waiting for his reply. Felix had so many questions, and the man would like to ask them all at once, but Felix was intelligent enough not to do so. He didn’t want to overwhelm the mystery driver.

@Nil ~ Miko Vadel

Nope, I don’t have it set on watching. Should I?

2 Likes

A wide grin opened its way to Miko’s features, excitement unconcealed to his neighbors. At that very moment, he felt as if he should’ve lifted his chin to them—this Black Sedan he was now sitting in made it look like so. He could play along with the “instant luxury” he had, which he could treat as a privilege as an adventurer, but he was more excited to see himself in the journey rather than wasting time trying to make people think differently than usual.

Following Felix’s actions, he picked up the same cup of what surprised his nose—it was the smell of a strong alcohol, which he was too ignorant to recognize. Sipping and gulping the wholeness of it in one go, he placed the cup back on the armrest as where it was. He was about to ask the driver about where they should expect to be, but his companion already beat him to it. Turning his head to the driver—who really didn’t seem welcoming—he leaned over as he rested an arm on his legs, the other one holding the driver’s seat. “This is a nice car,” he said, “where will you drop us off though? Also, can I drink this coffee here? I don’t think I drank one earlier. A coffee is akways a good day starter. It’s late because I already drank this other one but still…”

2 Likes

The driver still didn’t say anything, not even to answer Felix’s question.
As the brown liquid worked its way down their throats. Despite the ice cube, it gave them a warmness, as well as a burn from its bitter taste. By the Miko put the glass down, he had to blink slowly. Both of their eyelids were heavier and their vision was blurred. All in ten seconds. Just ten seconds and Felix’s head rolled back on the seat; Felix wasn’t conscious. Miko had just enough time to see it happen before he too, was unconscious.

When they awoke, the car was stationary and their bags were now on their laps. They were in a different car, which was nothing unusual. The sun was beaming down from above, it can’t have been much after 10am. The car was parked on a range of hills that half-circled a forest valley. Not 40 metres away, downhill, was an overgrown dirt path into the trees.

Sorry @sunflower.flow & @Nil, I completely forgot this. (pleading_face) Sorry.

2 Likes

A quick thought of doubt rushed into Miko’s mind, which he couldn’t process enough as he’d already fallen into the same state as Felix, quicker than when he wanted to do it himself every night. Maybe he should start drinking the same cup then, right?

He woke up, his face distorted against the sedan’s interior and groggy as his eyes opened to see the bright light outside. What surrounded them weren’t the same as earlier, and he was quick to realize everything. Surely, it had something to do with what they drank—they were drugged, but there wasn’t any other thing but that alone. His first instinct was to shake Felix awake, “Felix, wake up.”

As he opened the door beside him, his eyes traveled from one corner to another. Extending his hand to the driver’s shoulder, he continued to process the new view in front of him. “Hey, where’s this? How did we even get here?” he asked. The driver won’t probably respond, but at least Miko’s back, right? “What are we supposed to do now?”

Beyond a few meters was a rather welcoming path; Miko figured that’s where they’ll probably be going. Well, obviously—unless they’re supposed to go hiking on the other side instead.

@sunflower.flow - sorry Dx

2 Likes
2 Likes

Felix immediately got up at the voice. “What? What happened? Is everything all right?” he stuttered sluggishly as if his voice had not been roused from sleep entirely. The throbbing pain at the top of his skull made Felix rest his head against the hard seat. The sun, like an intruder, was brushing his face with its sharp rays as if it only wanted to drive him madder. Felix closed his eyes, waiting for the morning migraine to stop affecting him. Those were probably the side effects of this strange drink. Why in the hell did he drink that?

Fortunately, Miko was safe and sound… and despite the new location and a different car, nothing else was out of the ordinary. Felix stepped out of the car, still not quite awake. He would like to have as much strength as his younger companion. Lucky bstard. Felix smiled slightly at the thought.

Of course, their mysterious driver pretended to be mute, for why would anyone make this pleasant trip more effortless for them? “We should go forward,” he answered the question, which was presumably not directed to him at all. “This is the first rule of travelers. Don’t think about anything, just go forward." Felix scanned the area.

There were trees all around, surrounded by a range of hills. The sun added a distinctive charm to this place, making it even more quaint. A few meters away was a path slightly overgrown by wild bushes. It was friendly scenery. Too friendly.

“We should follow the path. Maybe it will lead us to some village? We could ask people what is happening in the area and deduce what we should look for." The man suggested. He felt so much better now as the adrenaline fought the last of the tiring drugs roaming in his blood.

@CrazyCaliope ~ Narrator

@Nil ~ Miko Vadel

I’m so sorry for taking so long to reply! I’ll try to do it much faster the next time, ah! Also, please tell me if I messed up something and I have to change anything.

3 Likes

“We should go forward,” Miko’s head jerked up at Felix, who looked like he could use some more hours of good sleep. Miko needed that too, after that vile trick. He nodded at every words that followed through Felix’s mouth, a bit of him regretting he ever asked anything. Yeah, first rule of traveling. Now he’s not going to be a real traveler.“Yeah, you’re right.”

Miko looked at the scenery in front of them again, his eyes traveling much more around it than he ever could possibly. The place seemed to radiate one thing called joy, just by its yellow and refreshing atmosphere, but he knew better than to judge a book by its cover… at least in the case of places. Being an adventurer, at least he knew that not only mysterious places had their own mysteries.

Without a second thought, Miko began to march towards the path, looking behind Felix who seemed to enjoy his little monologue. He stopped for a bit, holding on to his backpack like an excited little boy in front of his mother baking, “Hey, Felix!” he shouted, probably way louder than what was intended. Well, what was important was that his companion heard it, anyway. “Let us not waste any more time! We’ll only know once we take this track.”

@sunflower.flow - hey, I finally replied :sob:

2 Likes

Their driver gave them no more guidance. Felix wasn’t going to tire him with more questions. It would be a Sisyphean job. A pleased grin crossed his face as he watched Miko agree with his every word. His friend was also right when he said there was no more time to waste. Felix let out a soft grunt, not completely releasing his inner monologue, unfortunately. But he knew he had to be silent and go onward - another principle of travelers.

The road in front of them looked like it was pulled out from the picture, surrounded by beautiful, vivid greenery bathed in the morning sun. So friendly and so inviting. Felix wondered what might be at the end of it. He didn’t think it was a happy story about finding a cauldron of gold at the tip of a rainbow. Miko must have had a similar impression as well.

Felix quickly caught up with his young companion, who had already overtaken him. No wonder, after all, it was he who started herding animals. Felix had given it up a long time ago. Although his physical condition was still at a satisfying level, he now regretted the decision a bit. He was breathing hard. However, his fatigue was also due to the remnants of that terrible drug in his blood. “Where do you think this road is leading? And what is it all about? Why are we here?” he panted.

@CrazyCaliope ~ Narrator

@Nil ~ Miko Vadel

3 Likes

The driver’s window remained closed and their sunglasses-wrapped eyes stared straight ahead until both men were walking down the small hill to the narrow path. Waiting 'til they had just reached the start of the path and were about to enter the thick, dense forest, the driver then moved. Winding down the window, they put two fingers to their mouth and blew. A piercing whistle left the car and the echo bounced between trees down the hill.
The driver then threw an envelope out the window. It landed on the ground heavily to the window before they wound the window back up. The car revved and reversed over the hill, obviously from where they must have come. The envelope was weighted with a small rock. Along with the rock was a typed letter.

The letter:

Dear Felix and Miko,

Here is another task for you to undertake. Apologies for the secrecy in getting to this location, the inhabitants of this valley aren’t too keen on newcomers, so precautions were made. By now, we have become aware of just how far your expertise ranges. We know that the following task will not be difficult for people with your talents.
Your aim is to stop an impending war between the Pixies and the Púcas. The Pixie prince has been taken by the Púca, and if he is not returned within THREE DAYS, then war will break out. War will be more devastating to this land than the last time, and no one wants that. So we’ve arranged with them to prolong the attack for three days. So make sure you can return the boy before the dawn of day four.
As per normal, your payment will be paid out and waiting for you after the task is complete.

Good Luck.

3 Likes

Miko Vadel

Miko’s ears perked up at the piercing sound of a whistle. Stopping on his tracks and looking back, he furrowed his brows against the irritating brightness of the scene—no, not actually. It was more like he was unhappy about it, especially after he had to catch a piece of envelope thrown from the car’s window. He looked at Felix in disbelief, “Why didn’t he just give it earlier?” he said, turning to the car that was rolling back. “Is there nothing else?” he yelled, waiting for a bit before shrugging the issue off.

He opened the envelope, surprised to see a rock inside. Though, that wasn’t the main thing here—getting the actual letter off, he let go of the envelope and the rock. He stared at it for seconds, giving up after realizing he can’t read all of this at all. Handing it to Felix instead, who he was now grateful to have around, he grinned, “I think you should read it.”

@sunflower.flow - Felix

2 Likes

:blue_heart: . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . :blue_heart:

:blue_heart: . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . :blue_heart:

Excitement filled his heart as he clutched the letter in his shaking, with craze, hands. He could not control his voice, and every now and then, it would suddenly accelerate, knocking himself out of rhythm. When he finished, he flicked through the paper once more with his blue irises.

“They wrote that we are talented,” he stated proudly. Though that was not at all the quintessential information of the message. As it turned out, they were to prevent a war between two nations and save the prince of one of them. They were generously given three days to accomplish this task. It was not arch-difficult, but Felix felt that it was important not to overestimate their abilities.

Unintentionally, as a precaution, he picked up a stone that Miko had thoughtlessly thrown on the ground. “This might come in handy. Who knows? The driver was peculiar, to say the least. I wouldn’t be surprised if the payment for the prince turned out to be that tiny pebble.” He laughed, for even to him, it seemed unbelievable. But here, in this remote, mysterious place… anything could happen.

@CrazyCaliope ~ Narrator

@Nil ~ Miko Vadel

2 Likes