Mystic Lake Academy RP - Signups

Mystic Lake Academy

Located just outside the idyllic small town of Dawn Harbor, and an hour away from the nearest city, Mystic Lake Academy is a boarding school for teenagers of unusual backgrounds. To the outside world, the school is normal, just a bit odd in some ways. In reality, the school hosts children of monsters. Some famous and others relatively unknown. These students all have one thing in common, if the world knew who they were, they would not only be outcasts, but likely killed. The real question is, is how well will they follow in their parents footsteps or make themselves be heard. For the good or the bad.

Hey everyone, this RP will focus on the children of monsters and unique creatures. I am very open to ideas of parents for the characters, but I must ask that you reserve them with me, and allow me to approve them first. If someone has already taken a parent, siblings are allowed, but myself, and those with children go that parent must allow it.

I do not want this RP to add stress to anybody. I want it to be fun and a chance to improve writing ability. Don’t worry too much about if you aren’t super active or anything, but if you won’t be able to reply for multiple days, try to give a heads up when possible so people know.

Additional Rules
  • Please write at least 4-5 sentences per post minimum.
  • Check your grammar, spelling, etc.
  • Try and be creative with your characters.
  • Make certain to place your character’s name in bold at the top of the post.
  • No lone ORP posts on the Official thread.
  • When your character is speaking, or anything normal, write out the whole word. Ex. Write “You” not “u” The exception being if your character is purposely having it be that way for a specific reason.
  • Cloning characters is allowed, but you have to indicate which is which, and whether the clone is before the original or after.

If anybody thinks of rules that should be added, just let me know.

Also as the school is a boarding school, all students will share a dorm. Unless there are specific reasons as to why someone doesn’t.

Taken/Reserved List: Link
Signup Form: Link
Faceclaims: Link

Anyone is welcome to join, whether you’ve RPed before or not. Feel free to invite others to this RP as well.

Tags:
Those who are interested or maybe interested.
@katabasis @firefly @ThatRandomCaraPerson @unsungcheerio @16AngelCat @pomme @MeghanWrites

19 Likes

Oooh interesting. I’ll try to sign-up as soon as possible :3

1 Like

Sounds interesting…I’ll sign up!

3 Likes

By “children of monsters” do you mean monsters like vampires, werewolves, all that jazz?

3 Likes

This sounds cool

2 Likes

Yes like that. Though I don’t want only a bunch of children of just ordinary vampires, ordinary werewolves, and such. Though I will definitely allow them.
I really want children of some classic monsters as well. I want some unique parents. For example, I am making a child of Dracula.
Some suggestions of parents include Frankenstein (Victor Frankenstein or the monster), the mummy, the creature from the black lagoon, & the invisible man.

2 Likes

Cool. I was going to make a vampire lol and the child of the Phantom of the Opera (I haven’t decided the gender)

2 Likes

Both of those sound good.

2 Likes

Reserved/Created Characters:

Parent - Character Name | Owner

Dracula - Jezebel Dracula | Littlefeets
Phantom of the Opera - Meloetta Leroux | Caticorn
Vampire - Helena Cel Tradat | Caticorn
Elphaba - Calloway Thropp | BlackBlood
Alore - Lucelle Akeldama | BlackBlood
Satan - Devin Darkness | kateharper
Satan - Lukas Darkness | kateharper
Banshee - Hailey Locke | CallMeRebeka
Hellhound - Lowell Harvey | CallMeRebeka
Demon - Nyxine Caldwell | Skyler2
Phoenix - Leonardo Marcus | Skyler2
Huldra - Aria Vanderas | Skyler2
Parent - Character Name | Owner

Scar - Male Reserve | BlackBlood
Victor Frankenstein - Female Reserve | LHT
Chimera - Reserve | melancholy
Frost Giant - Reserve | melancholy
Hydra - Reserve | melancholy
Banshee - Reserve | melancholy
The Invisible Man - Reserve | BrookieK
Dragon - Reserve | TL_DR
Cerberus - Reserve | TL_DR
Fenrir - Reserve | TL_DR

I know these RPers reserved, but I don’t know/can’t find what for.
? - Reserve | Meekepeek
? - Reserve | Meekepeek
? - Reserve | fal.renet1398
? - Reserve | euphoriaa
? - Reserve | euphoriaa
? - Reserve | Rainy_epyy

6 Likes

I have a question:

Is there an age limit or age range?

And can I reserve for a female vampire

Also a son of Elphaba (the wicked witch of the west/from Wicked)

1 Like

No specific limit or range. Though I recommend around high school age or even middle school age. Age can be subjective for some characters, children of vampires for example may be 100 or 1000 years old, and be the same as a teenager.

Both of your reserves are approved.

1 Like

so late! But! Does a Chimera, Frost Giant, or Hydra count for a parent? Or

2 Likes

They definitely count!

2 Likes

Me signup…?

1 Like

If you would like to sign up you can. You just have to reserve a parent for your character first.

1 Like

Could I submit my characters now?

1 Like

Sure. You can submit whenever you are ready

1 Like

Submitted Calloway Thropp!

1 Like

Awesome! Just looked him over and he looks great. I will add him to the faceclaims as soon as I can.

1 Like

Haven’t rp’d in quite a while , but this looks pretty fun ! Is there a deadline for the sign-up?

2 Likes