Ninth House | Miscellaneous

Atlas Theodore Alstone

Roughly 5 years ago ~ Beaumont’s estate

⊱—⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅—⋅༻༺⋅—⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅—⊰

With the girl’s help, Atlas climbed up a step until he was back on the platform. He put his elbows on the railing and casually leaned back, as if nothing had happened. Noticing the confused look on her face, Atlas couldn’t stop his lips curving into a grin. “I’m fine, don’t worry. I just didn’t see the…” he looked back, gesturing to the staircase. “…Giant stairs that take up a third of the room,” he laughed.

She introduced herself as Celestine and her name immediately rang a bell. Especially combined with her last name, Beaumont. At that moment, Atlas realized he’d made a fool of himself in front of one of the hosts — exactly what his parents warned him against. She was one of their daughters, to be specific. Atlas had seen her at previous formal events, but they never got a chance to properly speak.

“Well, then it’s nice to finally meet you, Celestine,” he extended his hand forward, keeping a polite smile. His body language was relaxed, still leaning back. “I’m Atlas, but I’m assuming you already know that.”

Celestine’s compliments lingered in his mind. The way she spoke about their performance, commenting on all aspects in such a graceful manner. For a moment, his smile grew into a wide grin. Just hearing that he’d done something right was enough to make his worries wash away. Though his doubts took control as he played, her words assured him that his mistakes went unnoticed. Forcing his smile flat and his expression straight, he responded, “And thank you, I’m glad you enjoyed it. I’ll make sure to send those compliments to my parents, they were the ones leading the show.”

The way she spoke was so formal and elegant, Atlas was almost struggling to keep up. Whenever he attended these kinds of events, he stood behind his parents in silence. And to his misfortune, he was met with a different case for once. A person around his age that he was forced to talk to.

He watched as Celestine glanced around the room, before seeing her face go pale. Atlas’ eyes went slightly wide in concern. He raised himself up from the railing, feeling his body stiffen. As she uttered her question with a weak voice, Atlas replied with a simple, “What?” His expression mellowed from shock to confusion, as he slowly began to understand what was happening. To ease her concern, he smiled sympathetically. “Are we seeing the same thing? You’re far from bad-looking. That dress looks stunning on you. From the start I’ve been thinking you look like a perfect fit for this estate.”

Yet the more they spoke, the more he could see Celestine had her own concerns. Upon further observation, her speech sounded a bit stiff from the start. Forced even. And after her formality broke, she sounded so different from her introduction. It no longer felt as if he was talking to some princess at a ball, but another teenager. A thought crossed his mind that maybe she wasn’t as prepared for this kind of life as he’d assumed.

“No, no, don’t apologize! There’s really no need, I…” he cleared his throat, buying time. He needed to be careful with his approsch, to lace his words with praise and the expected formality. But to be truthful, he didn’t exactly care about the event as much either. “…Oh, I rarely go to these kinds of events. It is a gorgeous setting, I can’t lie, and I can tell your family put a lot of work into making this work. But I also see your point of view, the two of us are still young and uninvolved in their business. It’s difficult to feel like we fit in, right?” She was open about her concerns, he thought. It wouldn’t be a big risk to follow along. “I wouldn’t say this is my style either. So really, you’re not alone in that,” he smiled.

@cordyx Celestine Beaumont

2 Likes

celestine beaumont

Roughly 5 years Ago - Beaumont’s Estate

━─━────༺༻────━─━

With his hand extending, she made sure to follow every order she had been given from her mother, albeit a bit differently as her mother always state that she must always initiate her extending hand than the opposite as she is a part of the hosts. With a slight bow for courtesy, and a relaxed state Atlas is now in, she took a breath of relief and chuckled with her hand hiding her lips, “I shan’t forget about an Alstone, especially with such a privilege to see a glittering performance. I am excited to hear the future sets you all have been planning for I am sure you all planned the arrangements with such care and compassion.” With her compliments, and a smile in his face, she felt a sense of hope that she can be proud in transacting a sense of proper courtesy and elegance her mother had done within those talks she had with other guests, with a thanks from Atlas she replied, “I thank you for that, but you little yourself too much, I assure you… a symphony is not truly complete without the whole set. That is what gives its complexity and beauty, what is a singer without the compliments without a violin, or a flute without strings? I assure you, your contribution is a layer added to the spectacular performance.”

The sheet of elegance faltered however, as she looked through the mirror and saw her face lacking in color and would bother her for the rest of the night. She had not brought her purse for touch-ups, as her mother advised to not reapply her make-up publicly as it is impolite nor did she bring her fan due to them hurrying up. With nothing to cover, she cowered. She heard, or maybe just herself, a sense of silence, that she had failed the courtesies she was brought up. Thinking about it, she could’ve joked about her appearance or be shocked by her beauty. But what done is done, and she looked at Atlas with a stern yet faltering look on her face, “Have you heard of a phrase, redheaded people can’t wear pink, not even in the imagination? I look droll, just look in the mirror. I apologize for this but… this is not what I wished to wear. I had a different one in mind… I assure you this look is meant to be noticed, as per command by… standards.”

Further digging herself in a hole deeper than she had imagined, she took a breather from her messup. Looking below the sea of people, she aimed to look at her mother if she had seen her mistakes. Had Columbina been around, she would take control of the situation and cover it up as childish whims, with an aftermath on scolding her until she feels satisfaction. As Celestine was lost in thought, looking at her mother down the ballroom, it seems that Atlas was also in thought as he answered her question, snapping Celestine back to reality, “I… guess. You are fortunate that you have not been in such events. As glamorous as it and its gilded fortress put you to awe, it is hard managing through this as young as I was frequently attending to events like this. It is practice, you see, practice to navigate yourself under all the pomp they mask. It may feel like you are irrelevant, but they will use you, and you will have to accept that. Even under as 5, you will hear atrocities you are not meant to hear. You will tune it out, unless information is useful to you.” As to give light to her comments, she regained that smile as she looked down the stairs, “And going here, I have heard something mother would find so useful, but the night is still young and it is better if they are caught within the scene.”

Soon enough, the intermission had come to a close and another set of performances has begun to take place. The brightly lit candles would soon dim as a reminder for the guests, and bells rang from the outside to remind the people who went out the room to go back and enjoy the performance. It is only a matter of preparation and the guest moving out of the space to give movement for the performances. But before the conductors would wave their sticks, she looked at Atlas and gave a subtle nod as she lightly grazed the train in her gown, “The room is quite stuffy and I feel lightheaded, might we go someplace else where there is more air to breathe?”

━─━────༺༻────━─━

@idiot.exe - Atlas Theodore Alstone

2 Likes

Ten Years Old | Around the Skylark Cabbin

Lyra’s eyes widened with understanding, sensing the tinge of sadness in Esther’s admission. Though they had only just met, a sense of empathetic warmth radiated from Lyra. “That’s okay,” she responded reassuringly, a gentle smile forming on her lips. “We can still make the most of the time you’re here.”

As Esther mentioned her family’s stay for the rest of the summer and possibly returning, Lyra’s eyes lit up with renewed enthusiasm. “That’s fantastic! We’ll make the most of this summer and any next ones” she exclaimed, her optimism shining through. “I’d love to show you around and share some of my favorite places”

Turning her attention to Lyra’s question about ice skating, Esther’s warm tone invited Lyra into a different realm of conversation, shifting from the emotional to the lighthearted. Lyra, with a thoughtful expression, responded, “I’ve never been ice skating, but it sounds enchanting. Have you? Tell me all about it!” She then thought for a second before adding, “There’s a beautiful pond not far from here. It freezes over in winter. We’ll have to go when the time comes!” Her smile, initially bright, transformed into a pout as she realized that moment might never come. She felt a bit sad herself now, she wouldn’t be able to share all these memories with her newly found friend.

@Mouschi - Esther

2 Likes

Dominic Vaillant

Towards the end of the previous year

[⋅𖥔⋅]═════⋅𖥔⋅═══ [ ] ═══⋅𖥔⋅═════[⋅𖥔⋅]

The man’s casual demeanor did nothing to ease the tension in the air. There was something about his grin that said he couldn’t be trusted. It was as if Dominic’s intrusion didn’t even faze him. He was likely prepared to deal with it in the snap of a finger. Dominic wanted to look away, maybe even run. And yet, underneath his fear lied undying curiosity. If his suspicions were correct, then it would mean he wasn’t as alone with his magic as he’d assumed.

But the stranger was being so cryptic, Dominic couldn’t tell if he was hinting at something or simply playing with him. “You have a point, our views vary. That’s what you want, isn’t it?” he asked, keeping his tone and expression as neutral as possible. “I mean, it’s impressive only if we’re clueless. Who knows what you might be hiding behind your flawless act? After all, a magician should never reveal his secrets.”

As the man inched closer, Dominic felt his heart skip a beat. He stood frozen, his eyes cautiously following every move. When he commented on Dominic’s observation, he replied, “I’ve heard.” He was becoming more sure of his assumptions the longer they spoke. “I’m especially not one that’s easily fooled. There isn’t much people could hide from me,” he added, looking directly into his eyes. It wasn’t only that, but calling it a disappearing act too. There had to be more to it. And as the man pointed out that Dominic wasn’t the only observant one, it left him wondering about the implications of his words. Who else did he mean? Had he noticed something about Dominic that he wasn’t meant to see?

He slowly nodded, letting out a shaky exhale. Dominic was playing a dangerous game. He couldn’t match the carefree attitude the other man possessed. It almost felt like he was being toyed with.

When he leaned in, Dominic decided to follow along and take a step closer. His expression was cold, as if unmoved, but underneath it lied his growing fear. Or rather, excitement. “Only the surface?” he asked, raising a brow. His heart was pounding to the point it would jump out of his chest. “I think I’m begining to understand why you need to hide this magic of yours.” The cryptic nature of their conversation made him slowly grow impatient. He wished he could just ask directly and get answers, instead of dancing around the truth buried in riddles. “You want to be mysterious? I’ll play along. You know, I’m pretty familiar with these tricks myself, call it a family secret.” He took a step back. “Interpret that as you wish.”

@Jass ⋅𖥔⋅ Dante Blackwell

2 Likes

Atlas Theodore Alstone

Atlas could no longer hold back a grin hearing her compliments. He chuckled, bowing playfully with a dramatic flair. “Thank you, thank you. You flatter me. I’ll have you know we have much more in store. There’s not much I can tell you now, you’ll have to see for yourself,” he winked, leaning back. “But I can promise you, it won’t disappoint.”

He knew how hard his parents had prepared for the performances, he had faith in their skill. Especially considering he wouldn’t be there to hinder them from reaching their full potential. He wasn’t even nearly that prepared, nor skilled… As he caught himself with those thoughts, he knew he had to shake them off. Atlas didn’t want to dwell on negativity, it would only distract him from improvement. So hearing Celestine’s encouraging words, he nodded. “You’re right, I shouldn’t underestimate myself. Thank you for reminding me,” he replied, keeping his friendly smile. “But I can’t lie that my parents have many more years of experience and talent, of course they’ll surpass me. Don’t get me wrong, though, it’s not a bad thing. It just makes a fun challenge to compare myself to the masters.”

On the topic of their performance, his eyes wandered across the platform, scanning the crowd. As he spotted his family, he extended his hand to point towards them. “Their next set, I’ll be watching with you. Pretty cool, right? I get to have a closer look at people’s reactions while the show is happening,” he said, turning to Celestine.

When it came to her doubts about her appearance, Atlas’s words seemed to have done nothing. Maybe it was the wrong approach, he thought. But she seemed convinced that she looked bad. “Redheads… can’t wear pink?” he repeated slowly, making sure he’s understanding correctly. “No, I haven’t heard of it. If I’m being honest, it sounds pretty ridiculous,” ha laughed half-heartedly, unsure how to respond. He looked in the mirror, then back at Celestine with the same confused look. “I think maybe, just maybe, the fact that you didn’t choose your outfit is what makes it unpleasant for you. Because I really don’t see anything wrong.” Though it made him wonder what those standards were supposed to be. “What did you mean to wear, if I may ask?”

As she spoke about her experience with formal events and the like, Atlas’s doubts about fitting in only grew. It all sounded so foreign. So much deceit hidden beneath the glamour and elegance. “I… I’m sorry to hear you’ve gone through that. I can’t imagine what stress you must’ve been through. You have to adapt from such a young age because everyone around you could be a threat? It sounds like a nightmare,” he spoke in a softened voice, his smile faded but not fully gone. “I suddenly don’t see the beauty in a place like this anymore. It seems suffocating, and to know this all your life? You have my sympathy for sure.” And when she mentioned hearing a scheme her mother should know, Atlas tilted his head in curiosity. “Should… Should I be concerned? Is there about to be a heist of some sort?” he laughed, trying to turn the tone a bit more light. “I might sound crazy, but I feel like I need to see that take place…”

As Atlas talked to Celestine about various topics, he found himself losing track of time. Before he knew it, the lights dimmed and bells began to rang out. The change in atmosphere snapped him back to the present situation, signaling the end of the intermission. His eyes followed the crowds of guests making their way to the performance, the anticipation growing of what might come next. He wanted to turn around and follow along, but had to stop himself at the realization that he wasn’t alone. He glanced at Celestine, who seemed uninterested in watching the rest. “Oh, of course, I’ll help you somewhere more comfortable,” he gave a weak smile. As curious as he was for the next performance, her wellbeing was more important. But his eyes wandered back to the center of the show, hesitating in his decision. With a sigh, he took a few steps forward and turned back to Celestine. “You’ll have to lead the way. I think if it were up to me, I’d get us both lost,” he laughed. “This place is way too big, even for my standards.”

2 Likes

Dante

End of Previous School Year

Dante absorbed Dominic’s wary demeanor with a knowing glint in his eyes, acknowledging the palpable tension that hung between them like a veil. He recognized the flicker of fear beneath Dominic’s facade, mingled with an undeniable curiosity that mirrored his own intrigue.

As Dominic’s words danced on the edge of accusation and uncertainty, Dante’s grin widened slightly, a silent acknowledgment of the power play that had unfolded between them. He could sense Dominic’s hesitance, his struggle to decipher the enigma that was Dante’s persona.

However, when Dominic hinted at a deeper understanding of the magical world, the dynamics shifted. Dante regarded Dominic with a newfound respect, sensing a kindred spirit in the midst of their cryptic exchange. The tension between them seemed to soften as mutual understanding dawned.

“You’ve got a keen eye, my friend,” Dante admitted, the casual confidence still present. “It takes one to recognize another. Magic runs in my veins, and I have a feeling you’re not a stranger to it either. Maybe it’s time we stopped playing the mystery game and had a real conversation.”

He offered a lazy grin, his demeanor relaxed as ever, showing his ease with the revelation.

“Now that the cards are on the table, so to speak,” Dante continued, his voice taking on a more contemplative tone. “Maybe there’s something we can learn from each other. What do you say?”

He took a small step closer, the playful smirk replaced with a genuine curiosity. “So, what’s your story? What kind of magic runs in your blood?” Dante’s directness mirrored the unspoken agreement that their encounter had brought them into a shared realm of understanding.

@idiot.exe - Dominic

2 Likes

Dominic Vaillant

Towards the end of the previous year

The man’s confession had confirmed Dominic’s suspicions, and he immediately felt as if a weight had been lifted off his chest. He sighed quietly, feeling the tension leave his body as his muscles slowly relaxed. Once they’d both dropped their cryptic exchange, Dominic finally felt he could breathe. His bet had paid off for once. A small smile formed at the corners of his lips, but he quickly suppressed it. He couldn’t allow himself to let his guard down just yet, even if the encounter had a different energy to it.

“So I was correct, the two of us aren’t too different.” Dominic glanced from side to side, making sure there’s no prying eyes on him. After confirming they were alone, he leaned forward and spoke in a quieter tone. “I never thought I’d meet another person with magic in their blood. It’s awful, isn’t it? How we’re cursed to deal with this burden our whole lives,” he let out a bitter chuckle. “So tell me, what could we possibly learn from each other?” Dominic asked, raising a brow.

He sighed, looking down in contemplation as he considered the man’s question. He wasn’t yet sure how much he could reveal. But as he thought back to the beginning of their encounter, Dominic already knew a bit about the stranger’s abilities. It was only fair to reveal something about himself. “I have the power to manipulate shadows. But I’m not too keen on practicing it, you never know what could go wrong with something so unpredictable,” he explained, looking back into the man’s eyes. It was strange, how all the intensity from earlier seemed to disappear once they both knew the truth. “What about you? You could teleport, if I’m understanding correctly. But is that all?” he asked. Their exhange had made him curious about what’s missing in his knowledge of magic.

1 Like

celestine beaumont

Roughly 5 years Ago - Beaumont’s Estate

━─━────༺༻────━─━

Entertained by Atlas’ playful personality, she only giggled at his remarks for the his family’s performances. With the correct manner of such coyness and mystique, she made sure to act entertained that corresponded to his body language and current behavior, “Such intrigue! You truly know how to keep a woman in her toes. I’m truly dying on your family’s arrangements.”

To Celestine’s ears she had perfectly executed manners to make sure that her guests were entertained and kept comforted by words that they needed to hear. She felt a sense of pride, a giddy feeling that she had successfully applied lessons her mother had shoved in her head. All the years of social etiquette and manners had played well enough for her, and lost in the thought of her perfectly played out actions she had played, she simply nodded to Atlas’ remarks and looked back at the platform as she spaced back out to lessons to scan what other scenarios that may happen and its rationale actions. With Atlas spotting his family, she looked back at him as she responded, “That is true, I still do wonder what they’re next set will be…” With a slight pause, she reminisced something that happened quite similar to a performance in the same platform, “You know, a few years back, there was a family invited to play on some performances just like your family did, and what they gave was spectacular. During the middle of the performance, it was as if they played alongside Bach himself! I heard of a method they mentioned, Pepper’s Ghost, but who knows they might also used their illusionary abilites to enhance it. Not to discard anything, just a memory I recalled a few years back.”

What was once a steady application of her etiquette skills faltered with just a view of her looks and failing to compromise to save face. Her shame was obvious as she had lost the color of her cheeks, shocked and lost in the thought of failing something so simple and concise. If someone were to see this, especially someone of great influence, she would be stomped to submission and be hidden in future gatherings. Her train of thought lost in the thoughts of ‘what ifs’ and ‘what should I have done’. Atlas, trying to comfort with his laugh did not solace her. That look of worry soon mixed in with her annoyance, she thought to herself, of course he won’t know, not like he knows the world I live in. The more he spoke of his failure to see what is wrong with her felt a hard stab that irked her, her expression darkened as she looked at him silently, I looked as if I have seen a ghost! I lack the pigment to event strive this vibrancy of pink, even worse with hair noticeable to the crowd! Thank god the lighting here isn’t strong! It would seem that she had calmed down as he asked what she would’ve worn at the event, had it been her choice. Better. She sighed and looked back at the platform, pointing at the blue paintings around the walls, “Well, have you ever wondered the cobalt-crafted decor, the murals ever so painted in blue, the florals consisting of delphiniums? Well, this is called The Blue Palace. Used to be a different estate, this one. A place owned by a duke, but he was proud enough to bet on this estate during a gamble. Knowing you step on our ground, you surely know the ending. Once this estate became a blank canvas, my father broke a piece of china with the most beautifully painted depictions of Ancient China. That cobalt hue became an inspiration for its decor, thanks to my father. And before you say anything, yes, I was supposed to wear a blue gown. Though it was cornflower, than cobalt, I may add.”

That disastrous moment passed, and she found herself in a much more comfortable position than she was before. She wasn’t thinking about the heavy etiquette nor her appearances, but rather just talking life as if she was talking to a familiar friend. She still does feel that she had shared far too much for her liking, but had simply let go as to not make any sort of scene that could be worthy of a spectacle. Sharing her experiences, she was left surprised at what he had said. With a small curve in her mouth, she reassured him, “I know, it was… not the best place I was in. Thinking about it, I had the most exposure due to being… a favorite. Thank the heavens that the people I met could never actually hurt a child, but a figure always said to me that this is practice. Even they have had the same experience as me, once a young flower learning to dance the deadliest dance until they can perform it in their sleep.” She paused, with the waiter serving drinks. With a look, she pulled a silver hairpin as she dipped the liquid, the metal turned black and she spilled it across the marble floor, she smiled back at him, “But I urge you to find beauty in this estate, this isn’t my whole life, just a spackle of it. Like I said, if you pity me, you pity all of the guests here, and not all of them are worthy of your trust. Besides, parties are faux pas, people prefer tea parties. Manageable, set in the morning.”

With Atlas’ curiosity piqued at her quip on a scheme, she simply giggled. Another waiter passed by, with another set of drinks. This time served on a pewter plate underneath. Grabbing the drink, she found an empty note and jotted down 135JH as she placed the drink back on the plate. With a gentle nod, she excitedly went closer to him as she whispered, “You will see, just not at this time. The night is still young, after all.”

In the momentary passing, as intermission came to a close with the struck of a bell, she knew she had to go away for a while. It was nauseating to be in a place where you could be stuck in any move you make. And with her making a request to Atlas, she gleefully took his hand and went outside the ballroom. Not one word uttered by her as she looked left and right to see the hallways, checking for landmarks to see the desired location. After a while, she let go of Atlas’ hand as she went closer to a statuette and turned it 35 degrees. A secret door. A shortcut. Making sure no one saw the scene, she quickly directed Atlas to go inside. It was slightly dark, but you could make out the scenes happening around them. Arguing, planning, kissing, and fighting were surrounding them until it went silent. They went out of the secret door, and found themselves near some stairs. Going up, it seems as though they went back to square 1, but it was all just hallways. Until they turned to a corridor and opened a door, she sighed in relief, “Finally! This is my room, a little frilly for my taste, but it is where I can wind up a bit. We could’ve just went normally through the stairs but… I wanted to show off that door, and also there might be people that would’ve misinterpret of why you went to my room.”

It was a frilly room, all decorated in powder blue. Spacious and wide, it could feel comforting or lonely depending on how she feels. This time, it was nice to have someone who she can talk for a while, away from prying eyes. She pointed the blue dress on her bed on her initial outfit, as she went near the dresser to touch up on her makeup. But the most excited part she wanted to show off was her extensive vintage vinyl collection, alongside a cute heart shaped record player. The Chiffons, how about Tonight I Met An Angel? With a giddy walk, she played the record and sat down to a chair, “So, whattaya think? I know its a little too girly, but I think you already know that by how I style my hair. And you know, I always wanna share my music but… mother says I don’t really have the taste of a teenager so… can’t relate!” She paused, looking a bit guilty as she remebered his look from before, “Y’know, I apologize for pullin’ you here. I just… don’t like going there for a while. And if you’re worried in not seeing your parents performing, they’re not like the only ones playing. Promise! There are others and they’re not really stellar, just the same old acrobats and choreographed dancing. If I know my mother, she invited your mother to unwind and stay a while, with one comment away from pulling each other’s hair.”

━─━────༺༻────━─━

@idiot.exe - Atlas Theodore Alstone

1 Like

Dante

Dante leaned back, absorbing Dominic’s revelations with a mixture of intrigue and understanding. He recognized the weight of Dominic’s words, the burden of carrying magic, and the relief in finding someone who shared a similar experience.

“Yeah, I get what you mean,” Dante said, his tone casual yet empathetic. “It’s not easy navigating this whole magic thing, especially when you feel like you’re the only one who sees it differently.” Dante thought back to once upon a time, before he went to Ninth House. Sure, it had been figured out quite early that Dante was magical, but in his first years of magical school, he felt like he didn’t belong in the magic world. All these kids around him had grown up in a magical family, while he had been the first in his family who possessed magic. It was this whole conflict between two world almost, and he felt in Dominic he had found someone who would understand that. Dominic seemed as clueless about the magical world as Dante had felt at one point, and still felt from time to time.

When he asked what they could learn from each other, Dante said, “Well, for starters, I can tell you that there is a whole magical community and school for magic, Ninth House, it’s the academy I’m -” He chuckled a bit knowing he wouldn’t be the best spokesperson or representation for the school, “I’m currently skipping a class from to be here. It’s not too bad tho,” he quickly added, “Made some dope friends there and the school itself is quite cool!”

Leaning back slightly, Dante regarded Dominic with a twinkle in his eye. “Manipulating shadows, huh? Now that’s intriguing, let that be Umbra’s signature magic” He was quite sure Dominic wouldn’t understand what he had said and what the implications were of that being his natural power, but subconciously it made Dante feel even more connected with this guy. His demeanor remained casual however as he continued talking, “As for me, my natural powers?” he said rhetorically not expecting any answer, “I have the power to teleport and that of brief moments of invisibility. At Ninth House, however, I dabbled in a bit of everything - photokinetic resonance, shadow manipulation, alchemy, and a touch of magical psychology.” He met Dominic’s gaze directly, his expression relaxed yet playful, “There is a whole world for you to discover, it seems.”

@idiot.exe - Dominic

2 Likes

Atlas Theodore Alstone

Atlas’s lips curved into a smirk, hearing how he managed to create an air of mystery around their performance. Celestine’s reaction sounded positive enough, a good recovery from the embarrassing introduction. From her comments, she seemed interested in their next set as well. “As I said, you’ll find out soon enough,” he replied, still refusing to give out any details.

When Celestine began telling her story, Atlas listened with growing curiousity. His eyes shined in awe, imagining the scenario unfolding in front of him. He wanted to take note of their technique — Pepper’s Ghost, as she called it. Atlas wasn’t quite familiar with it, but he’d heard of similar illusionary tricks. “They caught my interest,” he said, his smile unfading. “I would’ve loved to watch that performance, it sounds like a once in a lifetime experience.”

But his calm and lighthearted demeanor didn’t last long. When Celestine’s expression turned dark and she shot him a glare, Atlas smiled awkwardly. He looked away, furrowing his brows slightly. All of a sudden the collar of his shirt felt tight. It was a topic he lacked knowledge and experience in. Just the etiquette of these events and the way you’re supposed to dress, fashion and color coordination — he was clueless. Though he’d hoped joking would ease the tension, it only seemed to make things worse.

As she continued by answering his question about her intended outfit, Atlas sighed in relief. A slight change in topic, taking attention away from his mistake. He listened to her tell another story, this time the history of the palace. As she spoke about its decor, he glanced around and tried to imagine what it had looked like during the duke’s time. The people around him faded away. The walls and pillars became devoid of blue, with completely different paintings and furniture. He’d spent a while just looking around, barely even noticing that Celestine had finished talking. Atlas let then the image in his mind fade, slowly coloring the estate to its current look. As he returned back to the conversation, he looked back at the girl. “It was a good choice, painting everything blue,” he commented. “It’s a unique palace and really stands out. From the moment I came here, I thought I could spend all day just wandering around,” he smiled, attempting to bring back the positive tone. He then returned to the topic of her outfit, hoping he’d recover from his mistake. “I’m sorry you couldn’t wear the color you want. And for joking about it, I didn’t know it meant so much to you,” he added, his tone softening.

Hearing Celestine open up about her past experience made Atlas feel she was beginning to trust him. He hadn’t failed at making a good impression yet. Continuing to listen, he gave her a sympathetic smile and nod. Though it was all foreign to Atlas, he wanted to understand her struggles the best he could. And by extension, understand her. “I see now there’s a whole hidden world that I never even knew of. What you’re describing sounds like it’s straight out of a movie! And to think it happens in reality? I never would’ve guessed,” he let out an empty laugh. “At least, I know now. Not to make light of your situation though, again I’m sorry you ever had to go through that. And… Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me.” Atlas just couldn’t believe that people could be so cruel, that their kindness was all an act. To go as far as to hurt others without any remorse, treating connections like some strategy, people like pawns. But in a strange way, it was familiar. To look around himself and see merely an illusion in every person. Atlas showed understanding, yet none of it sunk in yet.

Until, in the blink of an eye, Celestine spilled liquid all over the floor. She was holding a hairpin which changes color, showing she was prepared for this situation. Atlas’s mouth was hanging open, his eyes darting around from the waiter to Celestine. She continued to speak with a smile, as if nothing had happened. But Atlas felt like his brain froze, nodding even though he could barely understand her. As the waiter passed, he pointed at the drink on the ground, no words leaving him.

And that wasn’t the only strange encounter. It seemed waiters played a crucial role in this game. Atlas watched in silence as Celestine noted something down and handed it over. He knew, at that point, he should start getting used to unpredictable and unusual events following. All he could do was stare, blinking rapidly in disbelief. The person in front of him, the one he’d been talking for a good while, was truly a stranger. She had schemes of her own and Atlas didn’t even want to think about what she’s hiding. He smiled awkwardly, but all he could think was What am I getting myself into?

With the bells cutting their conversation short, Atlas shook his confusion off and followed after Celestine. He let her lead him through the crowd, across the hallways, until they made it to a statuette. He stayed silent as to not catch people’s attention and only observed her. As they entered the passage, he looked around the place in awe. There were so many people hiding in the room; the more secrets Atlas learnt, the more he realized he knew next to nothing about this life. He carried on, up the stairs and to another corridor. Atlas wasn’t sure when to speak up, so he only waited for Celestine to begin. When she pushed open a door and relaxed, it signalled that they were finally safe. Atlas sighed in relief as well, realizing he no longer had to strain himself.

He smiled again, looking around the room. “Ooh, it looks fancy,” he commented. “I think I prefer this way rather than taking the stairs. It’s much more interesting.” It only made him feel more like he’d entered a new world. “What’s there to misunderstand about me going to your room? I’m clearly here to assassinate you…” he paused. “…With my horrible jokes.” He couldn’t help but chuckle to himself.

Atlas stood awkwardly by the bed as Celestine did her makeup. He looked at the dress. “Oh, I see what you mean now, blue is a nicer color. As for your room, I see nothing wrong with it. I’m honestly just… Kind of in shock about everything that happened since I started talking to you,” he laughed. “A poisoned drink, secret note… Some heist? My brain isn’t working…” He closed his eyes and sighed, trying to focus on the music playing. It was… Unique… Interesting. Atlas didn’t know what to say. Through a strained smile, he asked, “What is this? I’ve never heard this song before…”

Though he was a bit upset about missing upcoming performances and learning from their skills, Atlas knew he had to let go. There were other days for that, but learning about the life of someone like Celestine was once in a lifetime. One thing he wouldn’t miss, though, was their mothers’ bickering. “Don’t worry about me! I’m not upset, I’m actually glad you showed me this. But speaking of, are you feeling better now?”

2 Likes

Dominic Vaillant

End of the previous school year

Dominic raised a brow when the man showed understanding of his struggles. His tone was empathetic, as if speaking from experience. “You really understand?” he asked, keeping his voice calm yet tinged with doubt. The man seemed to have no worries, carelessly flaunting his powers in public. And he seemed skilled, at that. Far from Dominic’s level of experience. “I wonder, what’s your perspective on this? I don’t believe you’d have trouble managing your magic.”

As he began to speak about a magic academy, Dominic furrowed his brows in confusion. His jaw dropped and he stared in silence, trying to process the news. Dominic never would’ve assumed there was a whole community of people like him. His grandparents were the only family he knew and there was no sign of his parents. None of his friends or acquaintances ever spoke of magic. And yet he wanted to believe those words. It made him feel a little less alone in a world he never fit in with. “Ninth House? And this place really exists?” he asked, needing confirmation. It sounded unreal, almost as if the man was playing with him. If Dominic hadn’t seen his powers with his own eyes, he would’ve assumed it was a lie. “How serious is the education? Considering you’re skipping class, I’m having doubts…” He had so many questions, so many things he was dying to know. “Is it the only community out there? I don’t have the faintest clue how many of us exist.”

Hearing the comment on his shadow manipulation made Dominic even more confused. But it also intrigued him, to slowly learn more and more about this hidden world. “Umbra, as in the latin word for shadow? Is that how people with this curse— excuse me, abilities, are called?” he asked. As the man told the difference between his “natural powers” and those he learnt, Dominic nodded intently. It was something that stood out to him in particular. “So there’s a way to expand on the type of magic you use. And, you’re implying that shadow manipulation is what comes naturally to me?”

There was so much new information coming all at once, he hadn’t even processed half. His mind felt foggy and dazed. It was the first time in years he’d spoken so much, actively engaged. “There… There really is a lot,” he sighed, putting his hand on his forehead. “And you’re sure you’re not delusional? This really exists?” he asked, feeling the need to verify.

1 Like

Dante

Dante observed Dominic’s reaction with a mixture of understanding and amusement. It was clear that Dominic was grappling with a flood of new information, his world shifting beneath his feet as he tried to make sense of it all. Dante could relate to that feeling of overwhelming discovery, the moment when the veil of ignorance was lifted, revealing a hidden reality.

“Believe it or not, magic came as quite a surprise to me too,” Dante confessed, his tone carrying a hint of nostalgia. “I wasn’t raised in a magical family or anything like that. It was more of a ‘voila, you’ve got magical powers’ kind of situation.” He continued with a casual shrug, emphasizing his nonchalant attitude towards magic while still recognizing its weight. "At first, I didn’t really know what to make of it. It was like being handed this whole new world to explore, but without a map or anything. Pretty wild, right?" Dante then offered a reassuring smile, attempting to alleviate some of Dominic’s doubts. “But hey, you’re not alone in feeling like this. Trust me, I’ve had my fair share of ‘what the heck do I do with this’ moments. It’s all part of the magic journey, I guess. It’s a responsibility, a burden in its own way. You gotta learn to wield it, tame it, make it your own.” That was exactly what Dante was doing, he did not care much about the magic as it was taught at the school, no, he found his own ways to apply it.

Dante continued, his tone gentle yet confident. “It’s a lot to take in, I know. But believe me, Ninth House is as real as it gets.” He paused for a moment, allowing Dominic’s disbelief to settle before continuing. “The education? Well, let’s just say it’s as serious as you want it to be,” Dante remarked, a hint of mischief in his voice. “Skipping class? That’s just me being me. But there are plenty of dedicated students there, if you’re into that sort of thing.” He then confirmed, “But there’s a whole world of magic, it extends far beyond the school. So yeah, I’m pretty sure it’s not the only school around.”

As Dominic expressed his curiosity about the implications of his shadow manipulation, Dante nodded in understanding. “Umbra, Latin for shadow indeed,” he confirmed, his expression thoughtful. “Shadow manipulation is at the core of the Umbra Coven, one of the four houses at Ninth House. And yeah, some abilities come more naturally to certain people, but you can also learn magical skills. It’s like finding your own groove in the symphony of magic.”

Dante’s demeanor remained casual, his confidence unwavering even in the face of Dominic’s skepticism. “Trust me, you’re not delusional,” he reassured, a genuine sincerity underlying his words. “This world, our world, it’s been hiding in plain sight all along. And now that you’ve seen it, there’s no turning back.” With a reassuring smile, Dante extended a hand towards Dominic. “Welcome to the club. The adventure’s just beginning.”

@idiot.exe - Dominic

1 Like

Copy of Black Minimal Motivation Quote LinkedIn Banner (1)

{ office / last year with a student }
•┈┈┈ ⋅ ∙ ∘ ⋆˖⁺⋆ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ┈┈┈•

The night had cloaked Ninth House in blackness. Seated behind the desk, Adrian Dear gazed out of the window that framed the darkness beyond. His office was bathed in the muted glow of flickering candlelight. Books and an array of antique artifacts, each holding a story of power and ambition, occupied his shelves. A mahogany desk with its polished surface reflected the subtle play of light and shadow on which he was tapping his fingers. While his gaze was fixated on the blackness beyond the window, that’s not where his attention was. Things have changed and each student, each professor within the halls was a pawn in the game he vowed to continue. Adrian’s posture, leaning back in his chair, detached from his surroundings, suggested a man lost in thoughts. The room exuded an atmosphere of power, but Adrian’s presence still seemed to amplify it.

Finally, as if something had triggered him, Adrian’s voice cut through the stillness, a whisper that seemed to emerge from the very shadows that surrounded him. “Remarkable,” he spoke up to a person, a student, whose presence he almost forgot about but was the reason why they were still there, in his office. There were things threatening the balance of the school and any help with stopping that from happening is more than useful. “As I already told you, I trust you more,” Adrian’s gaze, sharp as a blade, finally shifted from the window to settle upon his guest. His guest for some time will remain anonymous for they play a big role in his plans, but don’t let this scare or discourage you. Everyone you come across on the campus in one way or another is there for a reason.

“And there are matters that require our… special attention.” He leaned forward, elbows on the desk, intertwining his fingers. The flickering candlelight played on his features, casting an ominous glow on the contours of his face. “I know I can trust you with this, you see… There’s someone I need you to keep a watchful eye on. Someone who could sway the balance we’ve established. And it’s a very delicate balance, won’t you say?” He paused, allowing the weight of his words to settle in the room. “Your loyalty to Ninth House, to our legacy, is important. Can you bear the responsibility of ensuring that our interests remain protected? Now… I don’t mean to scare you, I trust you, there are just some small things I would like you to do for me. Do you understand?” Adrian’s body language remained poised, the aura of authority around him like an invisible cloak. He leaned back in his chair, fingers still entwined, a subtle gesture signaling the conclusion of the conversation.

“I trust you understand the importance of subtlety. You can go now.”

5 Likes

Dominic Vaillant

“No, I believe it. You wouldn’t be the only anomaly in a family of regular people,” Dominic sighed, unable to believe the conversation he was having. His whole life he’d felt like an outcast, but hearing mentions of magical families, schools, communities only made him realize that there was a whole other world hidden from his eyes. No matter how much reassurance he got, it still sounded like a trick. But what could this man gain from lying? Dominic continued, “I’m sure you could tell by now that I’m no different from you. Nobody in my family has these abilities, and they never thought to inform me of their existence either.” At least, not directly. He was only a child when his eyes opened to forbidden knowledge, uncovering his own magical abilities. And back then, he thought of it as a blessing. If only he knew just why he was kept away from it all.

There was a reason Dominic had tried to suppress his own powers. Yet meeting another person like him freed him from his burdens, even for a moment. His curiosity won over his cautiousness, and Dominic was back to playing a dangerous game. As the conversation seemed to take a while already, he leaned down and placed the flour on the ground. His arm felt numb and his muscles ached just from holding it for a few minutes. When did things get this way? He used to be… With another tired sigh, he looked back up at Dante. “You mentioned magical families? That makes much more sense than what you and I have experienced. These powers couldn’t have come out of nowhere, so how is it possible for us to possess them?” he asked, crossing his arms. Though he was already aware of the answer himself, he couldn’t trust a near-stranger with it. Maybe if he played along as clueless, he’d get additional information out of the man.

“Alright, I’ll believe you about this Ninth House you speak of,” Dominic replied, taking a step forward. “Ironic I’m getting news for it from an irregular student, but I’m not going to complain. As long as the institution isn’t full of people like you, because then I might have to consider the alternatives,” he remarked, the corner of his lips curving into a slight smirk. Though once a skeptic, Dominic was beginning to actually consider accepting the opportunity. In front of him lied answers to questions he’d been seeking to answer his entire life. He could finally find belonging among like-minded people. He could see the potential in his own magic, rather than dwelling on the danger. Dominic took a deep breath. “I’m going to assume this is the closest option. Where is it located?”

His question regarding the Umbra Coven was answered, proving him correct. Dominic nodded, listening as the man explained. More information was revealed to him — one being that shadow manipulation wasn’t as uncommon as he was made to believe, and two that magic was indeed adaptable. But it posed the question, were these shadows Dominic’s natural ability? Was there really a way to escape the darkness and reinvent a whole part of himself? He hummed in thought, before continuing. “Four houses, I see. I’m assuming the Umbra Coven would be a perfect fit for me,” Dominic observed. “What about you, do you fall under a specific house?” he asked, hoping to gather more information.

All of this truly wasn’t a delusion, it was reality that such a world existed hidden in plain sight. And to have all his doubts confirmed by this man, it almost felt nostalgic. As if Dominic was that little child again, stepping into an unknown world without a clue of where it would lead him. How long it’s been since he could be so bold. Adrenaline weakly coursed through his veins, as the future ahead began to hold uncertainty again. “Oh, I have a good clue of what I’m getting myself into,” Dominic extended his hand, accepting the handshake. He trailed off for a second, before asking, “I don’t think I got your name?”

2 Likes

Dante

Dante regarded Dominic with a mixture of understanding and empathy as he listened to his words. He could sense the confusion and skepticism in Dominic’s tone, recognizing the familiar struggle of coming to terms with a reality that defied everything he had known. Dante’s own journey into the magical world had been fraught with similar doubts and uncertainties, and he understood the weight of the revelations Dominic was grappling with.

“Believe me, I understand your skepticism. It’s a lot to take in, discovering a world you never knew existed,” Dante responded, his voice carrying a tone of sincerity. “Growing up without anyone magical around me, I felt the same way. It’s like suddenly realizing you’ve been living in the dark, and now the light’s been switched on.” He added with a small shrug, “Even if you liked it better in the dark, no way back”

“As for our abilities, well, that’s the million-gold question, isn’t it?” Dante mused, a faint smile playing at the corners of his lips. “Some say magic runs in bloodlines, passed down from generation to generation. But then there are folks like us, anomalies in the grand scheme of things.”

A faint smile tugged at the corners of Dante’s lips as Dominic mentioned his initial disbelief at receiving information about the Ninth House from someone like Dante. “But well, I can assure you, the Ninth House is far from conventional,” Dante replied, his tone carrying a hint of amusement. “Tho, that’s part of what makes it so… intriguing. It’s a melting pot of perspectives, abilities, and backgrounds, each contributing to the richness of the experience.” Dante chuckled a bit thinking about this, what would one expect in a school filled with magic, that certainly would be no ordinary place.

“As for its location, yes, it is the closest,” he nodded in confirmation, “the Ninth House is situated in a rather… discreet area,” Dante explained, choosing his words carefully. “It’s not something you stumble upon by accident. But rest assured, once you find your way there, you’ll know you’re in the right place.”

“The Umbra Coven is indeed a formidable choice,” Dante replied, his tone tinted with playful mystery. “Our brotherhood focus on shadow manipulation and mysticism is quite intriguing.” He hoped the way he had phrased this would be sufficient for Dominic to figure out Dante was in that same house which was so fitting for Dominic.

“Dante Blackwell,” he introduced himself, his voice carrying a sense of reassurance. “Even if you think you think you know what you’re getting yourself into, it’s a journey,” there was a sense of warning in how Dante spoke, “one that holds both challenges and opportunities,” Dante remarked, his voice filled with quiet confidence “But believe me, you’re not alone in this. We’re in this together now.” Much could be said about Dante, but he knew that if him and Dominic would cross paths again, he wouldn’t drop him. He would be there for him if he decided to go to Ninth House.

1 Like

Dominic Vaillant

It seemed the man was falling for his words. Though Dominic wasn’t lying entirely, there was a significant portion of the truth he wanted to keep concealed. It couldn’t be wrong to do this, he thought. After all, they were strangers, and there was no knowing what this man could do if he held Dominic’s secrets in his hands. So for now, he’d be left to think they’re similar — outcasts in their family, alone with their powers, and he’d let his guard down. Dominic would only stay silent as the other man speaks, gaining his secrets and information without anything to lose.

“Oh, I’m sure you understand, don’t you? Better than anyone else could,” Dominic spoke in a more contemplative tone. “Sometimes, I do find myself wishing I was kept in the dark. But at the end of everything, I couldn’t live a life of ignorance. This knowledge is dangerous, yes, but I’m not a coward. Possessing magic, though it makes me an outcast, also makes me powerful, it frees me. And nothing could threaten me enough to back down.”

Dominic sighed in disappointment hearing there was no clear answer to his question. The stranger’s family situation remained a mystery, and he even seemed rather amused by it. “How unfortunate, I was hoping for an explanation for this anomaly, and yet it turns out to be a coincidence?” he replied, sounding slightly irritated. “Are you absolutely certain that your mother didn’t have an affair?” he asked, only half joking, because the other explanation would be that he was lying. Who’s to say he wasn’t keeping as many secrets as Dominic was?

At the very least, his lack of answers was compensated with more information about Ninth House. The more he spoke of this academy, the more layers there seemed to be. “Sounds unpredictable. I like that,” Dominic replied, his smirk becoming more obvious at the sign of a challenge. “I can already sense the competition, the clashes, aliances and betrayals.”

He listened intently as the man explained the location, hoping he could gather some kind of clue hidden between the lines. An academy concealed in a discreet area, he said. It appeared impossible to stumble upon from that description alone, but could it be that he could sense its presence? It made the most sense, an institution meant for magic users to be seen only by their eyes. He almost wanted to ask for a clarification, but their conversation was already revealing enough in such a public spot. So he kept quiet, giving only a nod for the time being.

He continued, “So you’re one of them, the Umbra Coven? I should’ve figured with the way you nearly vanished broad daylight, you have the stealth for sure.” The way the man spoke of shadows and mysticism piqued Dominic’s curiosity even more. It sounded so forbidden, yet it was pulling him towards it and he couldn’t back away.

He finally got a name for the man, Dante. The words that followed sounded encouraging and supportive, but all Dominic could focus on was the subtle warning hidden in them. The future was completely uncertain from that point on, and he almost felt his future shift as he stood on that very sidewalk. It was his turn to step into this mystical world, but completely clueless and vulnerable in a crowd of experienced spellcasters. How unfortunate he’d been held back for so long. “A challenge doesn’t scare me, believe me when I say I’m prepared for anything at this point,” he assured with confidence. Though despite his nonchalant attitude, he couldn’t deny the comfort he felt to hear that Dante would stand by his side. It could’ve been an empty promise, but he wanted to hang onto it more than anything. He knew he was strong on his own, but it was tiring, all those years spent alone. No matter how much he convinced himself otherwise, he was lonely. “Promise?” he asked a bit quieter.

1 Like

A dangerous love gamble

Atlas was terrified, utterly terrified for many reasons. One, he had just recently been a victim of kidnapping, two he was running away from his kidnappers who just so happened to be one direction and three he was running away with the one and only Vincenzo Parravicini-Russo, whom Atlas had never really liked that well.

Atlas had just been in his home; his father had died years ago due to a sickness, a sickness that Atlas suspects was more of a poison than a sickness. His mother, on the other hand, had just recently died, and on the day of her funeral, Atlas did not even have time to grieve. Before five men—Niall, Zayn, Liam, Harry, and Louis—came, England’s fiercest gang members had come, and apparently, Atlas had a debt to be paid.

He was dragged into a room, kicking and screaming, his breaths heavy as he was blindfolded. When another voice had spoken, “Fck” the voice began, “Stop making so much noise.” A voice muttered. The voice, was a voice Atlas knew quite well- it was the voice of Vincenzo, a man that Atlas had never really gotten a long with.

Great,

Just great, Atlas thought to himself. Not only was he kidnapped, he was also kidnapped by long-side Vincenzo. Wait, “Where were you kidnapped as well?” Atlas could not help but mutter.

If Atlas was not blindfolded, then maybe, he would have seen Vincenzo rolling his eyes, and arching a brow. “Sadly, you would think 24 years of stalking experiences, would have made it harder for me to be kidnapped, but I guess no one can escape from one direction.”

Atlas blinked through his blindfold, “How could you have 24 years of stalking experiences if you’re just 24?”

Vincenzo chuckled, a sound that surprised Atlas. “you will understand when you’re older, darling,” he replied, his tone light despite the seriousness of their situation. “But let’s focus on getting out of here, shall we?”

Enzo had been here for at least 3 months, and he was not planning on remaining here any longer, especially considering that if his escape plan failed, he believed himself to be faster than Atlas, and could easily run pass him, leaving him behind, making the guards get to Atlas first than him.

“How are we going to get out tho?”

Vincenzo fell silent for a moment, presumably considering their options. “I managed to loosen my restraints a bit,” he said finally. “If I can get free, I might be able to help you.”

Atlas felt a surge of hope. “That’s something at least. What do you need me to do?”

“Stay calm and quiet,” Vincenzo instructed. “I’ll work on getting myself free, then I’ll see what I can do about your restraints.”

As Vincenzo began to wriggle and twist in an attempt to free himself, Atlas strained his ears, listening for any sign of their captors. The minutes ticked by agonizingly slowly, each one feeling like an eternity.

Finally, Vincenzo let out a triumphant exclamation. “Got it!” he whispered, the sound of his voice filled with relief.

Atlas felt a surge of hope as Vincenzo moved to work on freeing him. Moments later, he felt the ropes binding his wrists loosen, and then fall away entirely.

“Thank you,” Atlas breathed, rubbing at his wrists to restore circulation.

“Don’t thank me yet,” Vincenzo replied, his voice tense. “We still need to get out of here.”

With that sobering reminder, Atlas pushed himself to his feet, ready to follow Vincenzo’s lead. They may not have been the best of friends, but in that moment, they were united by a common goal: survival.

Vincenzo surveyed the room, his mind racing with possibilities. Then his eyes landed on the ceiling. “There’s an air vent up there,” he whispered to Atlas. “If we can pry it open, we might be able to crawl through and find a way out.”

Atlas nodded, his heart pounding with a mixture of fear and determination. Together, they scanned the room for something they could use to pry open the vent. Finally, Atlas spotted a loose metal bar in the corner. With a silent nod to Vincenzo, he made his way over and picked it up.

Working together, they managed to loosen the screws holding the vent in place. With a soft clatter, the vent cover fell to the floor, revealing a dark shaft beyond. Vincenzo went first, squeezing through the narrow opening with surprising agility. Atlas followed close behind, his heart pounding in his chest as he crawled into the unknown.

The air vent was cramped and stifling, but they pressed on, driven by the hope of freedom. After what felt like hours of crawling, they finally reached the end of the vent and found themselves in a deserted hallway.

“We need to find a way out of here,” Vincenzo said, his voice low but urgent. “But we need to be careful. One wrong move and we’ll be right back where we started.”

Atlas nodded, his mind racing with possibilities. Together, they crept down the hallway, sticking to the shadows and avoiding any signs of life. But just as they reached the exit, they heard voices echoing from outside.

“Hail One Direction! Hail One Direction!” the voices chanted, growing louder with each passing moment.

“We’ve been spotted,” Vincenzo muttered, his eyes wide with panic.

Without hesitation, they burst through the door and sprinted towards freedom, their hearts pounding with adrenaline. But as they reached the gates, they were met with a sight that sent a chill down their spines.

Members of One Direction and BTS were gathered outside, their faces twisted into cruel sneers as they brandished weapons and advanced towards them.

“We have to keep running,” Vincenzo shouted, grabbing Atlas’s hand and pulling him along.

Atlas stumbled, his legs aching with exhaustion, but he forced himself to keep moving, his eyes fixed on the promise of escape. But just as they reached the edge of the crowd, Vincenzo broke away, his longer strides carrying him ahead.

“Wait for me!” Atlas screamed, his voice drowned out by the chaos around them.

But Vincenzo didn’t stop. He kept running, disappearing into the crowd without a backward glance.

“Motherfcker-” Atlas screamed, as he fell to the ground, his legs exhausted from running.

“Hail one direction! Hail one direction!” The voices screamed, this time joined by a 5’11 blonde blue eyed woman with red lipsticks, and a scarf that read red, taylor’s version, “Hail one direction.”

Pt 2 coming up soon (when I remember) and same with pt3 :pray:

What shall be the fate of dear Atlas?

Shall Vincenzo return for him?

Shall this two learn to fall in love?

Up next in pt 2 of A dangerous love gamble.

Characters mentioned:

@idiot.exe

@raviola

4 Likes

Atlas Theodore Alstone

Flashback

Atlas was completely hopeless and lost as he watched Vincenzo run away and disappear before his eyes. He stretched an arm forward, opening his palm, dramatically yelling out his name. But to no avail, he was already gone. One Direction and BTS swarmed around him, cornering him as he sat on his knees. No matter how much he strained his opera singer lungs, Vincenzo didn’t turn back. As if Atlas was so irrelevant to him. He was cornered, his kidnappers gathering around him in a circle as if they were a cult. What were they going to do? Sacrifice him? At that moment Atlas wished he wasn’t born so handsome, with his sky blue azure cerulean sapphire ocean orbs twinkling in the sunlight like the blades of his kidnappers.

He remembered that morning, getting ready for his mother’s funeral. She was a wanted criminal for stealing large amounts of alcohol from the grocery store and was sentenced to a life in prison. Atlas remembered her final words, the words she always said to him, she’d rather die a free woman than be trapped in a prison with no access to alcohol. And at that moment, he stood in front of his mirror, gazing longingly into his reflection. A single tear fell down his face. He’d never felt so lost and alone.

It reminded him of his past, how he’d always feel this way ever since he was brought into this world. His grandfather died when he was 3 in a boating accident, then his grandmother fell out of a truck when he was 4. When he was 5 he lost his pet goldfish due to a meteor striking his house, and that’s when he had to move to a trailer park with his parents. They were struggling, poor, but they had each other. Until he lost both of his parents and was sold to One Direction, where he was truly and utterly alone.

But that wasn’t what he was upset about. Anyone would be happy to be swept away and rescued by a pop band when at their lowest. But what he felt betrayed about was the note he saw by the mirror — his mother faked her death and sold him to One Direction so she could afford more illegal activities. He was just money to her. That was the last thing he remembered seeing before he was taken away from his home, dragged away easily due to his small 6’1 body.

There was no light in the unsuspicious white van, no light in his future. Maybe because he was blindfolded, but he couldn’t know. And when Vincenzo, his prince with a shining bald head appeared, he finally had hope that somebody would rescue him from his neverending tragic life. He finally saw the light. Because that’s when he took off his blindfold.

He couldn’t let him escape. He wouldn’t lose another person.

“Wait for me! Please!” he yelled out again, his voice nearly drowned out by the chanting. He was almost surrounded, he didn’t have much time before he’d be taken back into their lair. Yes, this whole monologue happened in the span of one second because time slows down when you’re randomly reminiscing your tragic backstory. At that moment the surroundings turned pitch black and picture this, you could only see Atlas’ and Vincenzo’s silhouettes, as to bring attention to their dramatic moment. “Vinnie! You’re all I have!” he yelled again, time stopping completely as he awaited his answer.

@raviola Vincenzo Pincenzo Rincenzo
Featuring @Kristi

Happy April Fools guysss

What the hell did I write

3 Likes

✧∭✧∰✧∭✧ • ✧∭✧∰✧∭✧

✧∭✧∰✧∭✧ Ball/ Stairs ✧∭✧∰✧∭✧

Agastya nodded his head side to side slowly. “Okay, fair. I’m sure they’ll fall in your lap soon.” Or maybe just out of reach if you’re me. He thought bitterly, even with a smile gracing his lips. “Until then,” he smiled, twirling them around, “I’d love to hear more of the ‘cooking and crafting drinks’. Is it too bold to ask try to something one day?”

"Don’t you have an answer for everything?” Agastya licked his lips, because no, he didn’t have an answer and wished he did. He shrugged, a mysterious smile on his lips. "Vix, listening and learning from others is the only secret I have for that. Yeah, I know some things but, if there is ever a question I don’t have an answer to, I am always open to exploring and discovering…together. " He raised his brows, hoping the gesture was noticeable through the mask.

Agastya felt a jolt of electricity shoot through him as Devon’s breath tickled his ear. Her touch on his shoulder sent a shiver down his spine, igniting a primal desire within him. The music faded into the background as he focused solely on her, on the pull of her magnetic presence. Without a word, he followed her gaze up towards the staircase that loomed in the darkness. The dimly lit steps seemed to beckon to them, promising secrets and mysteries waiting to be unraveled. Agastya hesitated for a moment, a thrill of anticipation coursing through him at the thought of what they might find at the top. "C’mon, I saw something up there!”.

Devon’s hand slipped into his, her grip firm and sure as she led him towards the staircase. The click of her heels echoed in the in his ears. Agastya’s heart pounded in his chest, his senses heightened as they reached the base of the stairs. F^cking stairs. He thought, remembering his leg. If the girl didn’t know who he was, she might figure it out with the slower pace he had and awkward gait. They ascended the staircase together.

✧∭✧∰✧∭✧ • ✧∭✧∰✧∭✧

@Mouschi > Devon Dearest

2 Likes
Continuing from...

Atlas Theodore Alstone

Day 1 — Masquerade Ball

“You… Think so?” Atlas asked hesitantly, his smile faltering. He shot another glance to where Esther faded into the crowd, hoping he’d see her reappear. But as seconds passed, and he became more aware of the other woman’s eyes on him. He turned back to face her, forcing his lips into a wider smile. “Come on, now, you should give yourself more credit. Your magic was a magnificent sight to behold,” he continued, his smile softening. “As I said, she sprung up to her feet seconds after falling unconscious. It’s almost like her fainting was a trick of my mind, maybe it never happened,” he spoke with a confident grin, aiming to convince her, though he struggled to even believe his own words.

At that moment, he had to push aside his worries for Esther — if that even was her — and keep his mind occupied by the kind woman standing in front of him. He noticed her smile receiving his compliment, a welcome sight. “No need to thank me, I’m only being honest,” he replied, his genuine smile slowly returning. “I’m intrigued now, what kind of magic can you do?” Changing the topic would do him good.

After he expressed his worries for his friend, he was hit with an unexpected question. His eyes widened for a moment. The situation wasn’t entirely unfamiliar to him, the majority of his friends were women and people often assumed there must be something going on between them. He concealed his initial surprise with a soft chuckle, looking into the girl’s eyes. “You’re perceptive!” he remarked playfully, letting the silence hang in the air as he thought of how to approach the question.

A voice in the back of his head was screaming at him to put on a dramatic show, detailing some made-up events leading up to this moment. Another part of him wanted to take it seriously, and politely deny her assumption. But as always, the more interesting idea won. Esther would never find out, he thought, this girl didn’t even know his identity.

Atlas’ lips curved into a mischievous grin, as he stepped back to make space between the two. “Boyfriend and girlfriend?” he raised a brow, chuckling to himself. “Oh no, my dear, we were much more than that,” he placed his hand on his chest, shaking his head as if a tragedy had struck. He sighed, “Where do I even begin?”

Swinging his arms to the sides, he summoned an air of white smoke, swirling around their bodies and giving the small corner of the ballroom a dreamlike appearance. With each sway of his hands, magical dust followed along, twinkling in gold and silver as he built an image in front of him. “Take a look,” he gestured to the vision with his palm, circling around it until he reached the woman’s side. Before their eyes stood a fairytale-like image of a boy and girl, gazing into each other’s eyes. In the enclosed space, the musical performance came to a halt, its melody replaced by a somber, slow violin.

“The two of us, we used to be inseparable. Lovers bound by our souls, destined to be together in this life and all that come after. A beautiful bond, and one I’d taken for granted…” he trailed off, as the smoke swirled around the image and engulfed it. The boy meant to represent Atlas was replaced by another, his face twisted with sinister intentions. “See, my dear, I thought our love would last forever. But how wrong was I, to think that anything in this world is permanent. I watched her get taken away before my very eyes, our unbreakable bond tearing, and taking my heart along with it,” he clenched his chest dramatically, frowning as his head turned to the ground.

The image became distorted with the smoke, and Atlas let the silence linger for a moment. “Before I knew it, she was gone.” A single tear fell down his cheek. He quickly wiped it away, swinging his palms to redirect the smoke and create another image. This one presented the girl, “Esther”, kneeling down with her eyes full of tears. “But she never meant to break my heart. She never intended for our connection to fall apart. That man, as she told me… She had no choice but to become his lover,” he continued, his voice trembling with emotion as if he wasn’t making everything up on the spot. As the illusion twisted to show the final scene, Atlas took a deep breath. “Because… She was pregnant with his child!”

The music he’d conjured came to a halt, and with a sharp swing of his arm he blew away the smoke and cleared out their surroundings.

Atlas collapsed back into the wall, panting heavily as the effects of his magic wore off. He tightened his lips, attempting to mask his amusement at his own theatrics. He tilted his head up, looking into the woman’s eyes. “And since then, I never saw her again… Until tonight.” he concluded with a dramatic pause.

@raviola Desdemona Sevdaliza
@Mouschi Esther Ruth Dubois mentioned

4 Likes