Aegritudo Amoris|Sign Ups and Chat

AegritudoAmoris (3)

Original RP by Mehek

Reboot by the Astronérds

@Ataraxia @Cam @pomme

[NOTIFICATION] You received an email from the National University of Adénovia

Dear students,

It is with great pride that I welcome you back for another promising semester on behalf of the National University of Adénovia. I hope that you had a restful break and are ready to take on the challenges of the new academic year.

Eighteenth Match Year

The traditional matching ceremony and dance will be held at the end of this academic year. Preparations have begun to ensure the best possible matches are made. Further information will be provided closer to the date.

Aegritudo Amoris Protocol

Although the prevalence rate of Aegritudo Amoris at its all-time low, I want to assure you that your health and safety remain our top priority. As a result, we have taken these necessary measures:

• It is mandatory for all students, staff and members of our community to take their supplements as prescribed by a medical practitioner.
  • Our vending machines on campus and medical center provide free medical supplements for those who may require them.
  • Individuals displaying symptoms associated with Aegritudo Amoris cannot access any of our campuses regardless of mildness and must immediately contact the nearest medical practitioner.

Spread of Misinformation

Finally, we remind you to be vigilant against the spread of misleading and false information concerning Aegritudo Amoris to avoid inducing panic or causing harm. If you have any concerns or questions regarding the validity of any information, please reach out to your professors or other reliable sources.

I wish you a successful and rewarding academic year ahead.

Stay safe, stay healthy,

Professor Jeanne de Chapeaurouge (she/her)
Principal & Pro Vice-Chancellor
National University of Adénovia

Once a consuming passion, “love” now bears a new name — Aegritudo Amoris — and has been classified as a deadly disease by the World Health Organisation for nearly a century.

The first cure mitigated its impact after being unveiled seventy-five years ago. However, disquieting news now plagues the current generation in 2117: the effectiveness of the cure is dwindling for some students, exposing them to the dangers of the disease.

Their future now hangs in an eerie balance, enveloped in an atmosphere of uncertainty.

(i) sign up / picrew links ~ and sell the soul of your characters

Sign ups differ slightly from the usual for the :sparkles: aesthetics :sparkles:
Here is the process to fill in and send your forms:

1. Read the rules
  2. Click the link below (message / tag us if you have issues e.g. accessing the link)
  3. Select File → Make a Copy
  4. Name your file with this format: Aegritudo Amoris [CHARACTER NAME] [USERNAME]
  5. Fill in the form
  6. Select Share → General Access → Anyone with the Link
  7. Send it to any of the RP creators (@Ataraxia @Cam @pomme)

Sign-up guidelines:

• Fill out either the short sign up form or the detailed sign up form (ONLY ONE)
  • Fields with black highlighted text are purely aesthetic
  • You may highlight what you consider the most important events / people / etc in the form
  • Add a link for sections requiring an image (signature and FC)
  • Balance between genders and “healthy” and “diseased” characters (gender ratio here)
Resources Link(s)
• Picrews we like i ii iii iv v vi vii vii
• Guide on filling up the sign up form example form

▷ (ii) faceclaims slides

▷ (iii) information slides | propose a business or location

▷ (iv) Ask anything | FAQ

(v) rules
  1. Be nice and respectful to fellow RPers.
    • Harassment will not be tolerated.
    • Take any disagreements to DMs or DM any of the creators for help.
  2. Do not take over the RP or deviate the plot too much.
    • PM any of the creators if you want a subplot/something that may affect the plot.
    • The final decision to implement it or not lies with them.
  3. Refrain from writing graphic sex or violent scenes.
    • Do not go into detail with sensitive topics that may be included in this RP (e.g. ableism, queerphobia, sexual coercion and abuse, etc.)
    • Always use appropriate trigger warnings.
  4. Characters are not perfect, do not play them as if they were.
  5. Do not godmod without others’ permission.
  6. Posts must be at least five sentences long to give others something to work with and note the first passwοrd is oxytocin.
  7. Strictly use the sign-up thread for ORP/OOC comments.
  8. Be active at least once a week to keep the RP moving forward.
  9. Multiple characters cannot share the same first name.
    • This includes variations like ‘Clare’ and ‘Claire’.
  10. Characters who can love probably do not know what they’re feeling.
    • Society has programmed them to see Aegritudo Amoris as a disease and that’s how they see it. They can embrace the feelings or not, but don’t know that it’s love.
  11. Characters who can’t love, can’t love.
    • Perhaps they sense an odd primitive attraction here and there but unless the plot changes, they can’t feel any love.
  12. Balance the number of genders and “healthy”/ “diseased” characters as this is crucial to the plot, note the second passwοrd is 42.

By joining this RP you agree to abide by these rules. We reserve the right to remove you should you violate any rule after 3 warnings.

(vii) character creation assistance
  1. Some questions to spark inspiration ~
  2. List of majors
  3. Help choosing major(s)
  4. Names: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Sign-ups are due May 13

We hope to start the RP on May 14

gender ratio | character stats by Caliope

@CrazyCaliope @Littlefeets @Ouijaloveletters @Tina.G @Skyler2 @elysium @wanderingechoes @Jass @sunflowerjm @sunflower.flow @katabasis @astxrism @SillyCupcake @bpalmer @duck @idiot.exe

We will be using the @LovesickGang group tag for future RP announcements

11 Likes

:zombie: reserve two characters

2 Likes

Yay our first sacrifice RPer <3

2 Likes

i was forced

2 Likes

we welcome you all the same fate.jpeg

2 Likes

Reserve one, please!

2 Likes

Aye! Welcome to the RP \o/

2 Likes

reserve please

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll let you know if I need help.

2 Likes

Okey ~ welcome to the RP

Noted o7

2 Likes

hey queen, one chara :crossed_fingers::heartbeat:

4 Likes

Good to see you, Echo! May I call you that?

2 Likes

feel free, it was the name i went by during my episode forum era :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Call me Alex or Ouija. Either is fine.

1 Like

thank you, ouija!

2 Likes

Of course!

1 Like

reserve two characters please

2 Likes

Please can I reserve two characters for now, one “healthy” and one “diseased”?

Though, one question, about the ages of the students. As they have clearly had a break over the summer and are in their final year (with the matching ceremony and dance at the end), but what is the approximate age?

3 Likes

Great question about the ages!

1 Like

reserving for three (gorl, nb, undecided) to balance Ara’s out~

they’re actually from any year of college (match ceremony is only held every 4 years) so anywhere between 18 (freshman) to 22 (senior) works

4 Likes