Blue Royalty | Miscellaneous Thread

Shorts Series: Alternate Universe - Kai’s What If - 2037/2038

Being around kids always brought out the best in Jessica. Perhaps it was because she could give them something that she herself never got as a child… (aka love… attention… more love… you know the jyst) though, honestly, she didn’t know the exact answer to why she adored kids. What she did know is simply that she did. Maybe there was also a part of these interactions that made her a tinge bit sad. In the back of her mind locked up and hidden away she knew that she’d probably never have any of her own. Sure, Jessica hadn’t went to a doctor since her first miscarriage, but there was something in her heart that knew she couldn’t handle that… kind of information if it came from the source. She didn’t want to hear from the doctor the words she already knew… that Jessica Pierce wasn’t meant to have kids in this world. Hell, she was probably meant to have died years earlier but here we fcking are - stuck in this endless hell scape living for the sake of her friends and family. Truly, she felt like a ghost in her own body most of the time.

Bringing her attention back to the baby in her hands - one who had fallen asleep soon after finishing the bottle - Jessica allowed her hand to caress the child’s chubby cheeks. She was tiny… honestly she couldn’t have been more than a few weeks… maybe a month old at most. So… perhaps the biggest question in her mind at the moment is… why did Kai have this baby? It had to be his - she could see that much in the little’s girls features and eyes. But, if she recalled correctly, his kids with the princess were far older then this. Did the Princess have another child? Did someone else have Kai’s child - it wouldn’t be a surprise as the affair rumors were even present years earlier. But then, why leave with just one? She knew Kai, she knew he wouldn’t leave his children behind. Trust her, Jessica knew more than anyone that he would choose them over all else. Yes - Jess had connected enough pieces to know that the Princess being pregnant the first time and Kai leaving her overlapped.

But for Kai to be here with nothing but a stroller and a few bags? And the way he looked when he showed up at her door - that didn’t make sense. A sigh left her lips at the unanswered questions revolving in her mind - but honestly, she likely wasn’t going to get an answer anytime soon. The meds Jess had provided to the man alongside his exhaustion… or at least Jessica was guessing on that latter portion… would keep him out for probably 15-20 hours. That would mean he wouldn’t be awake until 5-9 PM… and it was currently 2 AM.

Finally standing up from the couch, Jess brought the baby to her bedroom - creating a little nook for the child to sleep in on the bed with her. Though, even as she laid the child down - Jess knew she likely wouldn’t be able to fall back asleep… her mind was far too much in overdrive.

So did she sleep? No - this time, she simply couldn’t. She had tried for a bit and after about an hour of laying in place with her mind running, she realized it was useless. After making sure the baby was secure in her bed, Jess walked back towards the living room - and… well… ended up going down a rabbit hole she probably shouldn’t have.

Let’s just say… over the past few years Jessica had actively avoided anything to do with the Listaran Royal Family… and anything to do with Kai. It just hurt too much… and truly, what was the point? Jess was sure he was happy… healthy… doing better than she bloody was.

But… Well… with her lack of sleep, endless amount of questions, and clear access to the internet, Jessica simply couldn’t help it. She found herself looking at hundreds of articles, using Dan’s database to find scrubbed articles, and simply read until it was time to do Well… let’s be specific. Technically on google, she found nothing but good things being said about Listara. It was only when she looked at Daniel’s data that she found far more negative articles.

The New York Times

Title: Palace of Power: A Cloistered Kingdom and the Plight of Listaria’s Forgotten

Subtitle: A Harrowing Tale of Monarchy and Misery Unveiled Within the Fabled Walls of the Palace

By: Sarah Torrento
Published: May 5th, 2026

LISTARIA — Amidst the opulent halls and grandeur of Listaria’s ancient palace, an unspeakable truth hides behind the pomp and circumstance of the monarchy. A damning exposé reveals a shocking state of affairs, where the personal comfort and indulgence of the ruling elite take precedence over the well-being of the palace staff and the broader citizenry. The moral compass of this celebrated monarchy appears to be fading, revealing a stark contrast between the regal facade and the underlying reality.

The story unfolds within the vast corridors of the Royal Palace, where the daily struggles of the invisible hands that keep the machinery of the monarchy running are rarely acknowledged. Palace staff, including maids, butlers, and kitchen workers, toil under oppressive conditions, working exhaustive hours for meager wages that barely sustain them and their families. The system perpetuates a cycle of servitude, leaving the palace staff destitute and trapped within the gilded cage.

Disturbing testimonies collected by investigative journalists have shed light on the heart-wrenching tales of mistreatment and disregard for the well-being of these essential workers. Reports of excessive work hours, physical abuse, and lack of basic rights within the palace have surfaced, painting a bleak picture of an institution that has lost touch with the reality of its people. As the monarchy revels in extravagance, the plight of the staff is treated as a mere footnote in the annals of Listaria’s history.

Moreover, the problems plaguing Listaria extend far beyond the palace walls. The populace, loyal and patriotic, have borne the brunt of a growing economic disparity, widening the chasm between the haves and the have-nots. A lack of access to education, healthcare, and essential services has left many citizens grappling with the harsh realities of life while the royal family enjoys an insulated existence.

The Listarian people, known for their resilience and unwavering loyalty to the monarchy, have watched their dreams fade into obscurity as their aspirations are swallowed by a system that favors the elite. The time has come for Listaria to take a hard look at its moral compass and address the festering wounds that have been left unattended for far too long.

The global community must also play its part by holding Listaria accountable. Diplomatic pressures and economic sanctions should be considered as effective means to push for reforms within the kingdom. As the nation’s reputation hangs in the balance, the world must not turn a blind eye to the cries of the oppressed.

Listaria’s monarchy stands at a crossroads. The true measure of a nation lies not in the grandeur of its palaces but in its treatment of its people. It is time for Listaria to reflect on its past, to take responsibility for its present, and to pave a path toward a more just and equitable future.

In the hallowed halls of power, change must come to reign. It is only through the dismantling of oppressive systems and the embrace of a compassionate ethos that Listaria can truly ascend to its rightful place as a beacon of justice and compassion.

As the sun sets on the horizon of Listaria’s legacy, it remains to be seen whether this tale of mistreatment and indifference will become a rallying cry for the forces of change or simply another chapter in the tragic history of the palace’s unchecked power. The world waits with bated breath for Listaria’s response, for the hopes of an entire nation depend on it.

There were quite a few articles like that… detailing the fact that there was mistreatment in both the palace and in the kingdom itself which… honestly was a surprise to Jess. It was an angle to the politics that she hadn’t recognized before. Well… mostly because when she interviewed them, this wasn’t as big of an issue which means it only went downhill… not to mention, Jess knew Kai and if he was in charge, what the fck was he doing. Perhaps she shouldn’t have fazed out what was going on in Listara… not that anyone in the general public would even realize with all the censorship.

The Washington Post

Title: Shadows of Conspiracy: Unraveling the Enigma Surrounding the Assassination Attempt on Listaria’s Princess Anesthesia

Subtitle: A Tale of Intrigue and Ambition that Sends Shockwaves through the Heart of Listaria’s Monarchy

By Jorge Gonzolaz
Published: January 2nd, 2017

LISTARIA — Listaria’s serene monarchy has been jolted by a harrowing assassination attempt that targeted Princess Anesthesia, the rightful heir to the throne. As the nation grapples with this sinister act, speculation abounds regarding the identity of the assailant and their motives. Delving into the shadows of conspiracy, one theory emerges with disturbing clarity — that Princess Evangeline, Anesthesia’s twin sister and next in line to the throne, may hold the most compelling motive behind this audacious plot.

Princess Anesthesia, bearing the weight of the crown-in-waiting, possesses qualities that have endeared her to the people of Listaria. Her popularity, coupled with her vision for a more inclusive and progressive monarchy, has threatened to overshadow Princess Evangeline’s future reign. The perceived threat to her own ambitions and the potential erosion of her power make Evangeline a compelling figure within this intricate web of suspicion.

The complexity of sibling rivalry is no stranger to the annals of history. In the world of royalty, where power, status, and influence intertwine, the bond between sisters can sometimes become a delicate balancing act. The throne, a symbol of authority and prestige, can ignite a fierce fire of ambition, casting shadows of mistrust and treachery even within the closest of relationships.

While the motive behind such a heinous act may appear crystal clear, the assassination attempt on Princess Anesthesia offers a glimpse into a much broader landscape of intrigue and power dynamics. Courtiers, advisors, and other actors within Listaria’s political sphere also hover under the veil of suspicion, driven by their own agendas and desires for influence.

The interconnected nature of palace politics leaves room for an array of possibilities. Foreign powers, threatened by Listaria’s stability and diplomatic prowess, may have orchestrated this assassination attempt to destabilize the monarchy and sow discord within the kingdom’s borders. These external forces seek to exploit the ensuing power struggle for their own strategic advantage.

As investigators sift through the evidence and piece together the puzzle, the truth surrounding this audacious act remains elusive. The identity of the would-be assassin and their precise motives lie at the heart of Listaria’s most pressing mystery, one that holds the potential to reshape the destiny of the monarchy and the nation itself.

While speculation abounds, it is essential to remember that theories are just that — theories. The investigations, conducted with utmost diligence, will unravel the threads of this intricate plot and expose the truth hidden within the shadows. The outcome will not only determine the fate of Princess Anesthesia but will also cast a long-lasting impact on Listaria’s future.

In the wake of this shocking event, Listaria finds itself at a critical juncture. The nation must confront the specter of betrayal and navigate the treacherous waters of power, loyalty, and ambition. It is a test of fortitude and integrity that will define Listaria’s resolve to uphold justice and the principles that underpin its monarchy.

As Listaria holds its breath, the question lingers: Who orchestrated this assassination attempt, and what lies beneath the facade of power and privilege? The truth, when finally revealed, will shape the destiny of a nation, illuminating the path toward a future governed by transparency, accountability, and the preservation of the sacred trust bestowed upon the monarchy.

Only then will Listaria emerge from the shadows, stronger and united, prepared to face the challenges that lie ahead.

Interesting… this was not an article she had found when she did her interview in 2023… the kingdom must have hid it well…

Listarian Daily News

Title: Tragic Hit-and-Run Claims Life of Pregnant Palace Maid in Listaria

LISTARIA — In a heart-wrenching incident, a pregnant palace maid lost her life in a hit-and-run accident, sending shockwaves through Listaria. The unidentified driver callously fled the scene, leaving behind a shattered family and a grieving nation.

The tragedy highlights the urgent need for improved safety measures and stronger legal protections for vulnerable workers within the palace. Listaria must address the broader issues of inequality and prioritize the well-being of all its citizens.

The ongoing investigation aims to bring the perpetrator to justice and send a clear message that such heartless acts will not be tolerated. The loss of this innocent life must serve as a catalyst for change and prompt comprehensive reforms in the kingdom.

Listaria mourns the untimely demise of the palace maid and her unborn child, urging the nation to unite against the injustices that plague its society. The memory of their lives should inspire action to protect and ensure the dignity of all individuals, regardless of their position within the palace walls.

And that seemed to be the most recent news… quickly deleted which was strange. Why would the government take down an article about a hit and run? Well… sure it slightly undermined the kingdom, but it was not in a big newspaper so what was the point? The Listarian people would already know by word of mouth… so what was the censorship for?

For a long time, Jessica got lost in the weeds - reading every article, over analyzing every word… honestly this is usually how her big undercover jobs started… a lot of research. More research than anyone could fathom. The only thing that brought her out of this haze was the small crying from her bedroom. Usually, nothing could bring Jessica out of her research spirals but even in the midst of her falling down the rabbit hole of Listarian corruption, Kai’s child had. Checking the time, Jess found the clock reading 6:34 AM which meant she had truly been at this for the last 3-4 hours. With a sigh, Jess put her laptop… and dozens of notes she had been writing down before walking to the child crying for her. “Morning Darling, How’d you sleep?”

Jessica felt stuck at home waiting for Kai to wake up. There was only so much research she could do before Kai’s child started crying again for either a diaper change, or food, or affection… and part of her mind kept wondering when the man in the other room would awaken… and that thought was maddening. Any thoughts of Malachi Azure was maddening… so at 9:15 AM, Jess decided that she needed to do something else. Okay fine, at the very least, she needed to get some distance between her and a sleeping ex… sooo here she was. An adorable girl in tow - sleeping in her walker.

Did Jessica buy this girl about a dozen new outfits? Yes… yes she did. WHAT? Jessica truly couldn’t help herself. Suffice to say, they had been clothe shopping for most of the morning… from Chanel… to Gucci… to Target. Yes, target. DON’T KNOCK TARGET JESSICA LOVES IT THERE :triumph: and sometimes they do have adorable clothes. And then Jess bought her little toys… and blankets… and beanies because it was COLD outside… and we couldn’t forget a little bed to sleep in, and a little holder so that Jess could keep the little girl against her body without putting her arms around her - which is what she was currently using as she walked around a Whole Foods. Jess had moved on from buying the darling girl things to simply buying things she needed to get anyways.

If anyone’s worried about the sheer amount of things Jess bought - don’t, thankfully Jess’ driver was kind enough to leave her somewhere, drop the items she bought back in her apartment, and do it all again as Jess finished up at the next place.

At the current moment, she was grabbing some things from the dairy aisle. “Alright darling… what do we need… we still need to grab some milk which in case you’re wondering, we don’t bloody refrigerate here like they do in the states kid. I don’t know, I thought Americans were so bloody weird when I first saw that.” Jess was talking to the little girl coddled against her chest. “We need cheese, lots of cheese. In case you haven’t figured this out, I adore cheese. I hope when you grow up you do too… and we need a few egg cartons… and…”

“Can I just say, you two are adorable. How old is your daughter?”

Jess looked up at an older woman who seemed to be smiling at the two - possibly watching Jess talk to the child as she went through the grocery aisles.

“Oh I don’t actually know… possibly a few weeks? Maybe a month or two? Currently unknown if I’m being honest. Man do I wish babies could talk sometimes, isn’t that right darling, don’t you wish you could just tell me you were hungry instead of screaming at the top of your lungs? I’m sure your dad would appreciate that too.”

“Oh sorry… are you the nanny then? What’s her name.” There was a bright look on the woman’s face as she neared Jess, smiling at the child who was soundly asleep.

“Oh god no… and honestly I don’t know, I’ve just been calling her darling and nugget but I don’t think she really minds… maybe I should call her something else…” Jess replied out of reflex… until of course, the face the woman made indicated to Jess that perhaps she didn’t explain that right. “oh I don’t mean it like that… I just mean… I actually only met her today… technically like less than 24 hours ago I think… oh that doesn’t sound good does it? I’m not… I didn’t steal her I promise… er… well you see my ex came to my door last night and I think it’s his daughter… at least I’m assuming it’s his because… well no… that didn’t come out right either… what I mean to say is…”

Perhaps it was the lack of sleep? Either way, Jessica Pierce ended up rambling in front of this lady who likely thought she was a child kidnapper for about… 8 minutes until thankfully the kid started crying and Jess apologized before making her escape…

Well… maybe it was time to go home then?

After putting everything away, feeding the currently unnamed… well name unknown child, and putting her to bed again, Jessica begin her research again and it wasn’t until she heard a voice that her eyes shifted from her computer screen. Looking up, Jess found her heart pulling in her chest when she saw Kai again after seeing him the day before. Yes… he was sleeping only a few steps away but distracting herself actually did help her forget for… a bit that he was there. And now, all of that was rushing back. He looked better… though, of course, that was in retrospect.

Now that Kai was standing before her, Jess could see him clearly. His eye bags had lessened, but he still looked exhausted - probably needing another dose of the antidepressants/sleep aid in a few hours. His hair was long and Jess honestly had never seen it like that before. However, behind his rugged appearance, Jess could still see him - her Kai behind the mask of the man who stood before her today.

Or maybe, the Kai she knew was the mask.

“How’d you sleep?”

What else was she supposed to say? Jess found herself putting down her laptop… slowly moving the papers on her coffee table before making room for the man on her couch… though she could see his wandering eyes looking for something. For a second, his eyes settled on the various things now scattered on her apartment. There were bags scattered on the side in a neat pile, a “sensory play mat” assembled on the floor, alongside more diapers and formula. “She’s sleeping… you can check if you’d like. I didn’t want the light to bother her so she’s in her bed in my room.”

@Littlefeets

2 Likes

April 29th, 2040

Okay. Breathe, Candice. This is a conversation - that’s it. Nothing more… nothing less… okay it was a conversation with a high school sweet heart that didn’t exactly end on the best terms because… well… did she even need to say (or think) it? In her mind, the man before her had every right to be pssed at her which brings up one particular question; why hadn’t he done anything yet? Like… yelling? Screaming? An annoyed grunt before he walked away from her in a rage.

And truthfully, he had every right. Sometimes it was easier to hate people close to the situation, then hate the situation itself… Candice had fallen prey to that more than once herself. Suffice to say, she had grown up a lot over the past few decades, so taking yet another subtle deep breath, CC kept her cool as the man responded. Though his words were… something she never expected as he told her he could call her Dom.

There was a sad smile on her lips, and a soft mumble that followed “I think I lost that right a long time ago,” . Perhaps he heard her… or maybe not, but she found her head shifting back towards the painting for a few seconds as he told her that he was here to speak to the owner about doing a show. Wouldn’t that be interesting?

Dominic had always been an amazing artist - she knew that from the very first day she met him in art class and then, they started dating soon after. It was one of the things they bonded over throughout the years they were friends… and more. Art. Candice wouldn’t lie, over the years she had seen his newer pieces too. Perhaps not in person - she did avoid that much, but the man in front of her had only grown in talent and fame, in the art world at least. She liked his pieces, though she always had - and in her head, she was already imagining an exhibit for Dom with those words, but she had always been one to get a little ahead of herself. Just because she could imagine it, wouldn’t mean it was something that would happen. That’s not how life worked.

It was only with his question of why she was here that she had pieced together the fact that he didn’t know she owned the gallery. Then again, who would? While CC’s gallery’s were famous… or at least growing in fame throughout the world, her name was still in the background and honestly, she preferred that. Candice had been in the limelight enough as a kid, and she preferred this. Though, that very though showed her that her earlier image of Dominic having a showing would never work here. He would never do a showing in a place she owned.

With a stoic expression - attempting to forget the bad memories of the past that Dom and her had gone through - Candice kept her eyes on the painting. “Enjoying the art… or trying to. I had some time off for the first time in a while, and I wanted to look” . It wasn’t exactly a lie. It was the first time she had time off in a while, and she did want to look at the art.

“Thoughts about this one? It’s by Jerry Tright who’s pretty big right now… and I really do think it’s beautiful… it’s almost captivating how the painting portrays a mother and daughter walking through a vibrant forest. The artist’s skillful use of color and attention to detail creates a truly whimsical and realistic scene and the tender connection between the figures is palpable.” Candice started, looking back at the image with her artistic eye. She truly did adore talking art with someone who understood exactly what she was saying. Yes, Charlie tried. But he was a director and animator. It was a different type of art. This type of conversation she enjoyed with other artists or even her father. “Though the foreground could benefit from more depth and some brushwork refinement… I mean… I know the artist is newer so it’ll take him some time to get there, but honestly I really enjoy the bond shown between mother and daughter amidst nature’s colorful embrace. What do you think, Dominic? I also don’t know if it fits with the other pieces too well right now. There’s not really a coherent movement from the other pieces to this one.”

@Caticorn please give advice and gooo dom :stuck_out_tongue: :joy:

2 Likes

The “Something Old” - 2031 - Part 9

“YOU’RE NEVA GONNA CATCH MEE SUCCA”

If you’re expecting me to tell you that this was a once in a life time occurrence, reduce your expectations to zero. Oh? What, you may ask? Did a 3-year-old Jessica Pierce screaming you’re never going to catch me… er… sucker not give it away? Well, let me set the scene.

Imagine a crazed toddler running, jumping, squeezing herself through the doggie door, and then proceeding to run some more out into the backyard. And why? Well, I forgot to mention that said toddler was very strongly clutching a jelly donut. Truly, the clutch was so tight, that she had more than a little jelly all over her school clothes. But, to Jessica, that was irrelevant. After all, why go to a private preschool. (… yes… you heard me right… private… they have those… ) when you could be eating a beautiful, large, sugary jelly donut. This was clearly more important… and look, could anyone really blame Jessica? The nannies had placed her and her sister on a strict no-sugar-diet. WHO DOES THAT? Like what the hell, she’s three… let her have some sugar for gods sake… and see, this is exactly why Jess preferred the cooks in the house than the nannies. The cooks could be manipulated with a few bats of her eye lashes and her big brown puppy dog eyes. The nannies… those not as much. Taking a seat in the dirt on the garden bed, Jess gave a big smile to the gardener before taking one… ONLY one… big bite of the donut. It was quite literally the best bight in her life and the second bite probably would have been better if she didn’t hear these words:

“JESSICA SOPHIA PIERCE, YOU BETTER COME OVER HERE RIGHT THIS INSTANT.”

Sigh. It seemed that the nanny had realized where Jess had run off too. They likely had taken her sister to school already, seeing as they both had individual nannies which sucked because Jessica would rather be sharing this amazing donut with her sister. And why they had one nanny for each of them? Well, because clearly the two got into more than enough trouble when they only had one.

In any case, Jess wanted to take another bite. It was a deserved bite… but alas, the nanny was far too close… so she begin running agin. Jess’ nanny attempted to grab her, but look, Jessica was great on her feet. Her and her sister were even in soccer class now and JESS WAS THE FASTEST ON THE TEAM. PROBABLY THE FASTEST IN THE WORLD. Yes she was. Yes. STOP ARGUING WITH HER IMAGINARY THREE YEAR OLD DORIAN SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD ALSO TAKING SOCCER LESSONS. Watch out world, she’s gonna be a great star one day… either in soccer or eating. As of right now, it is undecided. Come on she’s three, she has a little time to figure it out.

Running back towards the closed door, Jess once again crawled through the doggie door made for Holly which was her mama’s dog… though Jess liked to think it was her own personal escape door. And for the second time, Jess had almost escaped… if only they weren’t WAXING the living room floor which is why in her rush, Jessica Pierce fell.

THE WORST PART? No it wasn’t the fact that her knees were now bleeding because of how she scraped her feet. That was irrelevant. What was relevant was the fact that her donut was far in front of her, on the floor, with all the jelly pooling out. HER DONUT :sob:

Could anyone blame the tears that came out of Jessica’s eyes at her lost donut? No… no they couldn’t and if anyone reading this says otherwise, YOU’RE A SUGAR AND DONUT MEANIE AND JESSICA DOESN’T LIKE YOU.

All of it only got worse when Jess tried to scoot over to her lost donut to… er… possibly lick the top. You know, 20 minute rule or whatever right? That was a thing? BUT BEFORE SHE COULD HOLLY BEAT HER TO THE PUNCH. YEP HOLLY WAS EATING IT AND IT’S NOT FAIR.

So… yeah more tears. She couldn’t help it.

Honestly, Jess didn’t know how long she was crying, she heard a commotion around her but she truly wasn’t listening, the next thing she knew however, someone had grabbed her from behind and was walking her up the stairs. COME ON NANNY, SHE DIDN’T WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL WHEN SHE WAS MOURNING THE LOSS OF HER DONUT… but when she opened her eyes, Jess found herself sitting on the edge of the bathroom sink and her mommy was there, putting a bandaid on her leg. That was weird - Jess hadn’t seen her mommy in… one…two…five…er more than the fingers on her hands.

“What happened darling?”

Jessica’s eyes opened from her dream… or technically it was a memory she hadn’t thought about in a long time. As a child, her mother truly wasn’t around much. But… when she was… her mother was kind. Well… for the most part from what she could remember. Jessica’s relationship definitely had gotten better over the years, but there was a handful of memories that she had of her mother as a child that weren’t her and her dad telling her she had another event to attend, or a modeling job to do, or something else of that nature.

As Jess blinked a few more times, attempting to get herself out of the groggy state she was in, she could hear another voice beside her. Did she know what time it was? No… but the voice was easily recognizable. Well, specifically, two voices were recognizable.

“”What did you say?”

There was a mumble from Shay in response to which Dorian immediately responded "So that’s why you don’t want to go to sleep… I told you there are no monsters in the dark.”

This had become a frequent occasion - Dorian talking to Shay, responding as if he understood ever single word that came out of her little mouth. Well, Dorian would say he did understand, but even if Jessica wasn’t too sure about that, she did know that this was the cutest little thing. Jess stayed laying on the bed, her eyes closed as she listened to the exchange. Part of her just wanted to hear them interaction because Jess just adored it. She adored her husband… her baby girl… the life that they were building together… everything. ANNNNnd maybe she also wanted to see if the idiot was being SNEAKY and getting her daughter to try and say “Daddy or dada” while she was asleep. SO GO AHEAD DORI.

”Janxkahasah aadajap,”

If Jess had to guess what Shay had said (which is what she was assuming Dorian was doing when he talked to their daughter), it would be nuh uh dad, you’re wrong. Which he probably is - GO CHECK UNDER THE BED DORI, THAT’S CREEPY SHT. The kid was probably explaining all the creepy stuff she’s been saying so CHECK DORI because to hell with it if Jess was going to. She was more of a chicken then Shay, let’s be real.

”No way. What else do they do?” ”Psvosj asskspp.” ”Really?” ” ”Dasddsdaap.” ”Nooo… you’re just messing with me,”

Jess opened her eyes slowly, unable to keep them closed any longer. She was sleeping in a way that she could see Dorian seated up, with Shay in his lap. She watched as he tickled her and kissed her cheek… and honestly her heart couldn’t take how adorable this was. She knew Dorian was scared to be a dad… but honestly, he was a bloody amazing one.

”Abbbabp dbjjjp.” ” No, no, you can’t say sorry now” ” ”Dpaaddpa aadajap.” ”Mommy says I should forgive you? She told you that?”

Obviously Dori. Listen to Shay, she’s always right. Though, when she heard Dori mention mom - Jess closed her eyes… maybe not hiding her growing smile but she couldn’t help it as she felt Dori hovering Shay towards her. Jess subtly touched her daughter’s foot for a second before Dorian took her back towards him. Hey RUDE.

“How bloody dare you assume she doesn’t want her mom?” Jess mumbled, pulling herself up and near Dorian as she placed a kiss on Shay’s chubby cheeks. Clearly an awake mom got Shay excited as she started bouncing in Dorian’s arms as she previously was with him.

”I didn’t assume, it’s what Shay said. Isn’t that right?”

”daaammma cadddaea.”

”See, I’ll translate. She siad, yes dad, you’re right.”

“She did not, she said you’re wrong and she want’s her mom’s love now.”

With those words, Jess kissed her daughters cheeks again, tickling her as she did so before placing her head on Dorian’s chest so she could look straight at her daughter who was sitting on his lap.

”I guess if you want to believe that you can… but I’m telling you I’m right… though I guess I can’t blame her if she did want mom’s love, even though mom should be asleep right now.”

Jess felt a kiss on her head and she smiled before pulling away and placing a kiss on his lips. ” ‘Mom’ needs to do a little more research before she interrogates her mom in two hours darling. Oh and before I forget, I just had a lovely dream darling, and I wanted to remind you, I’m actually a very bloody good soccer player. My three year old self agrees.”

”da dabab eseam.”

” 'Annnnnd so does Shay.”

With those words, Jess didn’t listen to Dori’s nagging about how she was wrong before grabbing her mom’s journal and opening where she left off. ” 'Do you want a story to go to sleep, my love?.” Jessica asked, placing her hand near Dorian’s lap so she could hold her daughters hand.

𝓙𝓾𝓷𝓮 1𝓼𝓽, 1999

𝒮𝑜 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒’𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔… 𝐼 𝓀𝓃𝑒𝓌 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑒𝓃𝑔𝒶𝑔𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝐿𝑒𝑜𝓃𝒶𝓇𝒹𝑜 𝓂𝑒𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓂𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒻𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓁𝓎. 𝐼 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝓈𝓉𝑜𝑜𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓂𝑒𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒷𝑒𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝓎 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓅𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝑒𝓁𝒻 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒾𝓉 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑒𝓃𝑒𝒹 𝒷𝓊𝓉… 𝐼 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝒾𝓉 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓀𝑒𝓃𝒹 𝒽𝑒’𝒹 𝒷𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓀 𝓂𝓎 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉.

Note:

Dorian's Misc Link

This text will be hidden

@astxrism
@Littlefeets

2 Likes

May 27th, 1999

“Adelaide Azure… do you think the alliteration is too much? If you read “Adelaide Azure” in the politics section of the news paper, do you think you’d take it seriously or you’d be like… wow… I don’t trust a name that starts and ends with the same letter?”

Addie could feel her body shaking with the hum of a laugh from the man situated behind her- though, it was a VALID question okay. If her name was going to in these papers in the near future, she wanted to make sure people wouldn’t look down to her… though perhaps she was also just teasing the man behind her “I think Adelaide Azure is perfect. I’d trust her.”

As of right now, Addie was snuggled up on Leo’s body his arms resting around her waist as the two of them tackled the crossword portion of the newspaper… though perhaps Addie was distracting herself from said paper because it was a hard crossword. It was a daily routine now, to go through the newspaper together… even though Leo was a bloody fast reader and ended up distracting her by kissing her neck when he was done and making it so she couldn’t finish reading when all she was trying to do was to absorb all of the information… or even finish said crossword.

"But you, darling, have a biased opinion, Mr. Azure. Addie mumbled, putting the crossword down for a second as she tilted her head to the side to look at him - a teasing appearance on her lips.

“Either way, I still think it’s perfect. And you should take my word for it.”

The grin that made it’s way to her lips were almost instantaneous… probably as fast as her eyes fluttered close as Leo’s lips went back to her neck for the second time. Was it a good distraction from doing number 14 across? Yes yes it was. But alsooooooo…

FOR FCKS SAKE LEO just because her brother and her brother’s girlfriend and her best friend were gone did not mean it gave him free reign to do this. And by this, she meant doing something that led to them having sex in the living room… or the kitchen… or the back yard… or you know in the part of the house that maybe should be saved for other activities. Okay fine it wasn’t like she was complaining that much in general because… hell have you seen her fiancé? Leo could still make her heart race with one look. Truthfully, with a touch, she was a goner. BUT COULD SHE JUST FINISH THE CROSS WORD LEO? JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE DONE DIDN’T MEAN ADDIE WAS.

Addie attempted to focus - staring at the half done crossword as her mind read… and re read… and re re read the hint again and again be this man behind her was kissing her neck; bringing his hand slowly up and down her arm causing her breath to hitch and she quite literally could no longer focus. She was stuck on the three letter word for “They come in last” and Leo clearly already had it bloody figured out - meaning Addie was stuck with this until she put the paper down and gave in to Leo’s shenanigans, or tried to be stubborn and then ended up giving in and just asking him what the word was.

“Fine… fine Leo just tell me what the bloody hell number 14 is please so I can do other things.” The question came soon after Addie turned so she could straddle the man on the couch, and yes, she did indeed notice the bloody smirk on his lips

“Do these other things you need to do include me?.”

Oh that bloody wanker. She was going to murder this bloke one day.

“And if it doesn’t?”

“Then I guess you won’t know what the three letter term for They come in last is.”

A feigned frown met her lips as Addie purposefully rolled her hips. “You’re going to come in last if you don’t tell me the bloody answer lad. And guess what, Leo is a three letter word… even though she tried that one already and it didn’t work Pretty please?”

She could see the smile on his lips… hell the entire Hamptons could see that smile it was so bloody big “Answer my question first.”

“Fine Leo, yes. You are on my list of things todo… now what the hell is the word?”

“X,Y,Z.”

“X,Y,Z? You’re kidding.”

“X,Y,Z. They come in last.”

“That’s not even a bloody word.”

“Technically the paper never said it had to be a word.”

“WELL I think that’s bonkers.” A sigh met her lips as she wrapped her arms around his neck, bringing herself closer to his lips as she continued to slowly roll her hips. “I don’t accept the fact I didn’t get that right. It’s their fault for making the answer bloody idiotic.” “Either way, I recall you promised something if I helped you.” . Addie laughed softly as he placed one hand on her cheek, and the other on her hip helping her continue what she was already doing.

“I mean, if we’re being technical about it. I said you were on my todo… that doesn’t mean you’re first.” There was a cheekiness on her features as Addie attempted to run… attempted being the operative word because she got as far as getting her body up, but was quickly held back by Leo’s iron bloody grip which caused her to fall back on the couch - right into his arms.

“Rude.”

“Are you sure about that?” He didn’t let her speak as his lips went to her hands - moving up her arm and back towards her shoulder. “You’re bloody evil, but god I love you.” With those words Addie let the newspaper go and let her lips go to his, starting something the both loved to finish. And trust her, neither of them “came in last” for that.

Addie was laying on the couch - a small blanket covering her body as she finished the rest of the crossword puzzle… which was more doable now that she had Leo’s help on number 14 and a few others he just hinted at. And where was Leo? In the kitchen making breakfast obviously. After all, we don’t adhere to traditional gender roles in this household… though Addie was a brillant cook. Thank you mom (not really) for making her take cooking lessons for her future husband even though she grew up with cooks and her mom never laid a hand anything cooking wise.

Maybe it was because she was still in a little haze after what Leo and her did, maybe it was simple morning time laziness, but whatever it was, Addie snapped out of it as she saw her left hand - with one. notable item missing.

Her ring.

Sht, sht, fcking sht.

Her heart started racing immediately, and she found herself quite literally jumping off the couch and searching every little tiny creves it could have fallen into. Should Addie have let Leo resized it? Sure - but she also didn’t want to let go of it. It’s her ring :pleading_face: , she should be able to wear it all day, every day. Damn it.

“Addie, if you’re looking for your ring, it won’t be there” Addie didn’t know how long she was looking for it, but when she heard those words, followed by Leo joining her on the couch with a plate of eggs, she frowned at him - unsure of exactly what he meant by his words. “Did you see it” Do you… oh Leo… tell me you didn’t." “It’s getting resized Addie. I handed it to my driver to deliver it about 35 minutes ago.” Addie looked at the arse in disbelief. The bloody Audacity of the man. Sure, she did tell him if he could get it off of her, he could get it resized but she didn’t really mean it like that.

“Leo… it was mine…” Addie whispered, and felt the man wrap his arms around her.

“And it’s still yours Addie, it’ll just fit better when we get it back in two days.”

“Two days? TWO DAYS LEO. You’re going to make me be without it for two bloody days? That’s not fa” Addie didn’t get a chance to finish when someone knocked on the door which resulted in Leo kissing her whispering sorry and it’ll be okay before disappearing for a second.

Oh she was going to kill that man… though when he returned, the features on his downturned expression looked like someone had beat her to the punch as he read something in his hands. “What is it darling?” Addie questioned, pulling the blanket tighter against her body as she got up to look over his shoulder. The letter Leo held had dark gold lettering with both her and Leo’s names on it… along side an invitation to a weekend getaway… with the Azure Family.

This… was going to be interesting…

Part 1 of 4

@Littlefeets

1 Like

Alt: What if? - Kai lost most of his family

It hadn’t been that long since Jess was discharged from the hospital, but she was getting better. Her body was hurt, yet healing, but her heart still had a long way to go, as did Kai’s. Perhaps that, and his mind dwelling on what had been lost led him to mumble an apology out of nowhere.

They were lying together in his bed, her having been staying with him since leaving the hospital, and Kai softly placed his hand on Jess’s stomach. “I’m sorry…” Nothing had brought it up, but he felt guilty for what happened, and heartbroken wondering what the baby would’ve been like, how it would’ve been finding out she was pregnant if everything hadn’t of happened… and he was sorry that Jess would have to feel this pain, that his child wouldn’t get to grow up, and for himself, that he wouldn’t get to be a father.

It seemed Kai wasn’t the only one whose mind was on what happened, as soon after Jess finally brought up a question that was bound to come up eventually. “Why didn’t you tell me you had another sister?”

Kai paused for a moment, sitting up when he heard the words. He told her about his little sister, Akielah, the night of his birthday and how she died… but he never told her about Elettra, his older, twin sister. He always tried to not think of her, but then she stabbed Jess, killing their baby, when she meant to kill him… Knowing they shared the same blood made it hurt all the more. He hated her for everything she did. She wasn’t family to him, and hadn’t been in years. “I don’t think of her as my sister anymore… We were twins… and she was the one who killed my little sister.”

“And you left that out before.”

“I tried to forget about her… but what she did… I can’t…”

“I’m sorry… I…I know bad sisters… but I don’t think Anna would ever go that far”

“It just… it should’ve been me… Not my sister… not you… not… our baby…” Kai told her, each word growing harder to say than the next. It was always supposed to be him. He knew that. He should’ve died instead of his sister, he should’ve been stabbed instead of Jess. He felt that he was supposed to be the one that died.

Though, the way Jess wrapped her arms around him, burying her head in his chest, said she felt otherwise, even before he heard her whisper, “No.”

All he could do was put his arms around her, on the verge of a full breakdown, before whispering back, “I would’ve done anything to keep her from hurting you…” They held each other, crying silently, for a while before Kai could only add, “It was all my fault…” He knew it was his fault, and he didn’t see a reason to not blame himself.

It was then that Jess brought her hands to his cheeks, making his eyes meet hers as she shook her head. “Don’t blame yourself Kai… you couldn’t have stopped it.” Maybe he couldn’t have, but he should have. He felt like he should have been able to do something…

“What happened to you, to the baby… was because of me… my sister… my mom… it’s my fault they aren’t here Jess…”

Jess looked at him, with a slight confusion visible in her features, before wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him once again. “I don’t know… what happened, kai. But I do know that anyone who reacts like this… it’s not their fault.”

He couldn’t stop thinking about how he had Akielah come into the kitchen that day, then his mom… his health… he had her so worried… and then she was gone too… “I was the reason my little sister was there… I was the one who was supposed to die, not her… I was the one who worried my mom so much she didn’t take care of herself. I didn’t kill them, but I’m still the reason they’re gone…”

For some time, they sat there, quiet, before Jess got up, leaving the room. Perhaps it would be better… if he was on his own. He would be too much of a burden. He was broken and… his train of thought was broken by Jess sitting back down next to him with a full container of ice cream. “This doesn’t… fix everything… or anything really but it helps… I think.” she whispered, leaning against Kai. “I can’t convince you that you’re not the reason they’re gone, Kai. I know I can say it’s not your fault, but it won’t work unless you believe it and nothing I can say right now will take away years of how you’ve felt.”

At that point Jess let out a small laugh as she took a small bite of the ice cream, then added, “Honestly, I still think I should be dead… for a lot of reasons but that’s not relevant right now. Here’s what I can say… let’s be alive right now… together. We can’t change the past… even though we both wish we could… but I need you Kai… so be with me right now and we’ll live for those who we lost together.”

Kai put his arm around Jess and kissed her, though not making a move to eat any of the ice cream. The more he thought about the past, the less he wanted to eat. It was nothing against the ice cream, or food in general, but memories of the past always took away his appetite.

He kept quiet for a while, only taking a bite of ice cream if Jess directly offered it to him, before finally admitting, “People say I’m lucky to be alive… but it doesn’t always feel like it…”

She turned to look at him with a small sigh, “I’m lucky you’re alive… I love you.”

“I love you too. If I’m lucky… it’s because you’re still here.” He said, before they sat there cuddling without another word.

Despite Jess’s comforting, Kai’s mind remained on the past, especially as he later found himself standing in front of the bathroom mirror. He rarely looked at himself in the mirror, especially shirtless where he could see his scars. There was no hiding from the past when looking at the surgical scar that went straight up his abdomen, or the scar on the upper part of his chest. Looking at it for too long made him feel sick to his stomach. The scars only reminded him of pain and suffering, not of survival or being fortunate to be alive.

Kai was entirely lost in thought when he felt Jess wrap her arms around him, able to tell something was wrong. “If you’re looking at the scars, I think they look hot.” she said kindly, giving him a soft smile, likely trying to get him to smile. “What’s going on in that mind of yours?”

All he could do was give a weak attempt at a smile in return. He didn’t feel like anyone could see his scars that way, he certainly didn’t. “You’d be the only one… I just see a reminder of everything I’ve lost…”

For a moment, they were both silent, before Jess kissed his shoulder and softly whispered, “Those scars mean I haven’t lost you though.” Jess was smart, she could figure out that his scars weren’t from something minor. She likely knew that the one scar was from surgery, perhaps even the other scar, but she had no way of knowing the full story.

“Just a future…” Kai stopped himself, needing to pause knowing what he was going to say next. She didn’t know what he meant by it, and he knew that. To him, his scars were a reminder of the pain he caused, and of what he may never have, no matter how much he wanted it. “I can’t have kids, Jess… that’s what those scars mean… I can’t…”

Kai looked down as Jess stepped back, then looked back at her as her gaze met his eyes, which only showed his pain. “so you mean… our baby…”

“might’ve been my only chance…” he said sadly, finishing her sentence. He didn’t think it was even possible that he would be able to get her pregnant like that in the first place, but he did… and now that baby, their baby, was gone, and he may never have another chance to have a child like that again. Jess didn’t have words to say at that point, just pulling him into a hug which he tightly returned. Under different circumstances, losing that baby would have still been devastating, but this loss was greater in a way because of the situation, and their hearts were broken.

@benitz786 - Jess

1 Like

May 30th, 1999

Do you want to guess how many days it had been since Adelaide wore her ring? Three. THREE. Do you remember how many days Leo had told her it would take? TWO.

SO YES. Addie was more than a little grumpy as she sat in the car in silence while Leo’s driver took them to the Hampton Yacht Club. Once they got there, the two would be taking off soon after and staying on his family’s boat until they reached Leo’s parents’ chateau which would take… around 4ish hours. So sure, she couldn’t be grumpy at Leo in front of guests, but at the very least she could do so in the comfort of their own privacy. Honestly, could anyone even blame her? She was expecting to have her engagement ring back that morning, and instead she was wearing what Leo picked out as a “temporary” one until the store jeweler finished with her ring… which wouldn’t be until they returned home after the weekend. Sure… she did appreciate having a ring on her finger, but it wasn’t her ring.

Since Addie had gotten into the car, she had moved to the opposite side of the limo - far away from her fiancé who was watching her with his stupid little smirk the entire time. He had attempted to talk to her right after the jeweler fiasco, though Addie chose to ignore him as she quietly did the morning crossword puzzle herself and surprisingly, for at least a few minutes, he left her alone.

Emphasis on “few.”

“Addie, come on…”

“Don’t”

Maybe she was being stubborn, but she was upset. And sure, part of her knew it wasn’t his fault that the jeweler needed an extra day… or the fact that since they’d be away for a few days, that meant she wouldn’t have her ring for a week. BUT IF HE DIDN’T STEAL IT IN THE FIRST PLACE, SHE’D HAVE IT ON RIGHT NOW. And yes, Addie knows the counter argument of if she had given it to him in the first place, this whole situation would have never happened but that was irrelevant.

Lost in her own thoughts, Addie didn’t even notice when he scooted over towards her… until of course he was right next to her; his leg touching her own. He even pulled her legs on top of his bringing her even closer to him and grabbing her attention away from the crossword she… honestly hasn’t been paying much attention to anyways. She found his hands go to her cheek, moving her chin up so she’d look at him for the first time in probably 8 minutes.

“Adelaide, I’m sorry the ring isn’t ready yet.”

“…It’s not fair Leo.” Addie sighed, meeting his eyes with her own. There was something about his presence that always calmed her down… but that didn’t mean she wasn’t still a little upset.

"Trust me, everything will be fine, and as soon as we can leave we’ll go pick up your ring.”

A sigh left her lips and Addie lips as she leaned her head against Leo’s shoulder, “I don’t know why I’m so anxious darling.”

"Are you really nervous about the ring… or is something else on your mind Addie?” At that question, Adelaide stayed quiet - her eyes settling on her temporary ring which, granted, was gorgeous. Leo had made a deal in the store that he would pick out a new ring for her to wear on occasions where she didn’t wan’t to bring her own ring… and she liked it. She liked her finger not feeling naked. She liked making sure everyone in the damn room knew she was taken. So was this the reason she was nervous? Maybe… maybe a part of it?

“I don’t… I don’t know… I’ve done this before so many times before Leo… meet my parent’s rich friends… hell darling, I’m pretty sure my entire life has been geared towards impressing high status individuals so I don’t know why I’m so nervous.” Addie let out, a sigh leaving her lips as she fidgeted with the new ring.

"Hey look at me.”

Moving her head back up to face the love of her life, Addie smiled slightly with his touch. "Everything will be fine and I’m going to be there the entire time. Do you trust me?”

“Always.”

Okay… maybe Leo was right. Maybe Addie was nervous about more than one thing and she was using her missing ring to evoke other emotions… although technically, not having ring made her more nervous. Why was she so bloody nervous for this? She’s met her past boyfriend’s parents before… so many times and she was honestly pretty good at the whole meet the parents thing. If there was one thing Addie was well versed in was impressing others when she needed to and perhaps that was her parents doing. After all… with etiquette classes… and ballet… and French… and German… and Mandarin… and art… and piano… and harp… okay suffice to say, Adelaide was a very bloody busy child who learned enough to impress all adults.

That being said… she was, indeed, extremely nervous… and maybe it was because this wasn’t any old boyfriend’s parents… this was her fiancé’s parents. The man she loved more than anything else… and she wanted their approval. And… well… Leo had explained enough about his parents for her to know that she had to put on the face her parents had taught her to. And while she hated that… hated pretending to be something… she would if that meant they would approve of Leo and her marriage.

Addie felt a breath of quiet relief when Leo wrapped his arms around her stomach from behind… followed by a kiss on her cheek. “Relax Addie, you don’t have anything to be nervous about. What can I do to make you feel better?”

Closing her eyes for a second, Addie relaxed into his touch - allowing her breathing to match his. Inhale… exhale…Inhale… with almost every breath, Addie held onto Leo’s arms with a little less of her iron grip strength. After a few seconds, she found herself answering his question: “Tell me you love me,” Addie whispered. She found herself smiling as she felt him turn her around to face him. She felt his arm wrap around her waist, pulling her towards his body and within seconds she felt his lips on hers. If she had relaxed into his touch before, she was fully relaxed as his lips met hers and she tasted the familiar taste of her fiancé “I love you Adelaide Almost Azure… did you like the alliteration there?” There was a smirk on his lips as he allowed his head to lean against hers.

Rolling her eyes at his statement, Addie pecked his lips again “Are you making fun of me? It was a valid question idiot… but, I love you too. I know we should go to your parents right now but… do you mind getting me a drink so I can ease my nerves a little more?”

Adelaide was only alone for a few seconds… perhaps even 2 minutes at most with her line of sight faced towards the water as she appreciated probably one of the only modes of transportation that she didn’t have a terrible experience with. She probably would have looked out into the sea forever… or until Leo came back, when she found someone behind her clearing their throat. Turning around, slightly expecting to see Leo with her drink, Addie found herself surprised as her eyes meeting another girl’s. She looked maybe a few years older than Addie, with striking green eyes and brunette hair that went down almost to her waist. The girl was taller than Addie… and that was while Addie was in heels. And… perhaps Adelaide imagined it but she could have sworn there was a smirk on the girl’s lips as she looked up and down at Adelaide.

“Lauren Carrington of Carrington Perfumery… you know, the multi-million dollar luxury perfume brand?” There was something about this interaction that was slightly unsettling Addie… perhaps it was the way this girl was looking at her… or maybe it was just the previous anxiousness playing apart in all of this… mess.

“Oh hello, it’s nice to meet you Lauren. I don’t actually think I’ve ever heard of i…” Which granted, she hadn’t and she was about to explain it was probably because she had been international until the last year until the girl… sorry, Lauren Carrington… spoke over her.

“Oh don’t play coy, everyone wears a Carrington perfume. I’m pretty sure you’re wearing some now. Don’t worry sweetie, I think that’s just adorable. It’s almost flattering. And, who are you?”

“Sorry… I’m Adelaide Parker”

“Adelaide Parker of?”

“Of… London?” Addie knew where this was going. The girl wanting to know if she was worth talking to or if she was a waste of her time. It was always the same with the rich and wealthy - the question of what can you give me that I don’t already have. And at this current moment, Addie wasn’t in the headspace to explain her lineage to someone she didn’t know and was instantly looking down upon her.

And it was clear that Addie was right, since with her answer, Lauren instantly chuckled, not even attempting to cover up the fact. “So, you must be Leonardo’s cousin right? That distant one he told me about. You’re so adorable. I think he talked about you… maybe once when we dated”

Dated? Okay… so now this interaction makes sense.

“No… actually I’m Leo’s fiancé”

“Oh are you?” She seemed to frown for a fraction of a second, but it soon moved to her previous smile as she looked Adelaide up and down for the second time - this time with what seemed like a new set of eyes. “That’s adorable, you’re his new plaything, but if I were you, Adds, I wouldn’t get too comfortable in that position. I mean, I would know as his ex-fiancé. But don’t worry, I’m sure he’ll let you down gently because of how ki…”

Lauren didn’t get to finish her sentence as another girl made her appearance and stepped between the two; stopping Lauren in her tracks. Perhaps Addie should have paid more attention to their interaction, but she couldn’t help it, Lauren’s words had gotten to her. Addie phased the two out as she found herself lost in her own mind. Leo had a fiancé before her? How come he had never bloody mentioned it? It seemed like information that wouldn’t have hurt her to know. And his fiancé was also here, on the boat… so did Leo’s parents like her? Prefer her?

“Hey… hey are you okay?”

Finding herself snapped from her daze, she now found a new girl standing in front of her: this time a red head with kind eyes. "Look, I don’t know what Lauren said, but trust me, don’t pay any attention to her. She thrives on being an absolute bitch to anyone she feels threatened by. "

“I’m oka… thank you. Honestly.”

“Anytime, trust me, I’ve dealt with her attitude enough to know it’s never personal and that there are so many better things you can do than worry about what she said. She probably saw you, realized you were drop dead gorgeous and new, and got jealous.”

"I appreciate it… and If I’m being honest I don’t think it’s just her… I’m also meeting my fiancé’s parents for the first time and I’m nervous about that… and I don’t even have my real ring… I just have this temporary thing… and then that interaction on top of it all… I’m… god I’m sorry I’m just dumping all this information on you and we don’t even know each other. "

“Trust me, I don’t mind. It’s more interesting than anything else happening at this party. But how about we fix that second part first? I’m Hannah Buckingham, and no, I’m not going to emphasize my last name like Lauren probably did because I don’t care enough and what’s the point of emphasizing my husband’s name when I am my own person?”

A laugh left Addie’s lips at the girl’s words and before she could even respond, Hannah beat her to the punch “Good, you’re laughing. I guess I did something right this morning.”

“I’m Addie, It’s really good to meet you Hannah.”

“So you’re meeting your fiancé’s parents huh? I remember my first time, I honestly almost pee’d my pants I was so intimidated.”

“Hannah?”

“Leonardo?”

Addie found Hannah’s words disrupted as her fiancé returned with a mimosa in hand, handing Addie the glass and kissing her cheek as he smiled at the other girl. “Oh… oh this makes so much more sense now.” Hannah said, a soft laugh leaving her lips. “What does?” “I’m sure you’re beautiful fiancé will catch you up, buddy. On that note, I should probably find my husband before he somehow convinces the rest of the men to play a game of poker… and for gods sake, Leonardo, don’t encourage him when he invites you to play.” “I can’t make any promises, we both know he always loses to me.” “And then he spends the rest of the night trying to beat you, I know. Anyways, Addie, it was nice meeting you. You’ll do great with the parents, I have no doubt.” And instantly, Hannah dissaperaed almost as soon as she came.

“So what did she mean?”

““Do you know a Lauren Carington?” Addie looked at her fiancé, her eyebrow raised as she took a sip of the mimosa Leo had brought her.

“Yes, why? What about her?” The look on Leo’s features shifted at her question; though, she couldn’t exactly place what emotion was going through him.

"And how long did you date her, darling? Because I had the… loveliest interaction with her telling me to basically not be surprised when you leave me” With those words, Addie saw him stop in his tracks for a second, before hearing a audible sigh as he walked closer to her and wrapped his arms around her body. “I was with her in high school, but I won’t be leaving you.”

Maybe she wanted more information… maybe she was hoping Leo would have eased this unsettling feeling that Lauren had left… but he hadn’t. So with a forced smile, Addie tried to lighten the atmosphere… as best as she could "I sure hope not, this second ring is pretty bloody expensive and if you do, I’m taking both my ring, and this one too… oh and Holly. I’m taking her too. "

“You don’t have to worry about taking Holly, or your rings, because you’d have to force me to leave you.”

While she smiled, there was still this unsettling anxiety about why Leo wasn’t telling her about Lauren… and she would never push him to do so… so instead, she simply stayed in his arms while trying to ease her mind.

Part 2/4

What Addie Is Wearing

@Littlefeets

1 Like

It was quiet, but he heard what Candice said and it just reminded him of how he had ruined everything with his anger and hatred. “Candice, I owe you an apology.” He said to her, looking her in the eyes. Truth be told, he had owed her this apology for the past twenty years. He was just too caught up in himself to realize that. “I never should have treated you the way I did. I was angry and looking for anyone to blame but myself and I’m so sorry for putting you through that." He apologized, watching her intently while mentally preparing himself for whatever her reaction would be.

Thanks to his husband forcing him into therapy because apparently the way he had coped with everything as a teenager ‘wasn’t healthy, Dom’ and he ‘needed professional help’, to quote Colin directly, he had reached a point of forgiveness. First, he had to forgive himself and realize that his sister’s death wasn’t his fault. She had made a choice. He also recognized that he had to ask for forgiveness from the people he had hurt and cast away in his grief. The person at the top of this list was Candice. He hadn’t intended to see Candice today but he felt it was some kind of sign.

Returning to the painting, he nodded when she told him her reasoning for being at the gallery this afternoon. “I always find galleries to be very relaxing. It’s easy to forget the world when you’re inside, surrounded by all the art.” He responded as he began to analyze the artistry of the piece. As an artist, it was hard to just look at a painting, or any piece of art really, but especially paintings because that was he focused his craft on. He couldn’t stop himself from looking at every small detail and wondering what led to the artist making that choice.

“It’s a very beautiful piece, he’s very talented. Nice guy too. My husband and I went to one of his first shows together and I got to speak to him. His understanding of colour is very impressive.” One of the things Dom liked most about his husband was his appreciation for art. That they could go to galleries together without Dom feeing like he had dragged him there against his will and they could have conversations about the art that was there. “His brushwork will improve the more he paints, everyone has something they struggle with when they’re getting started but I think he’s on to something with his art style.” He paused for a moment to consider what she asked him. “It’s a little too vibrant compared to the other pieces. They used more muted colours and so next to this one, they look dull. It needs to be next to pieces with a similar colour scheme.” He advised her after he was done comparing the piece to its surroundings.

@benitz786 - Candice

1 Like

2037- the ruining of Leon

He was crying, if he could, Adonis thinks that Leon would be crying blood. The sight of Leon’s tears, the anguish etched on his face, struck Adonis to the core. It was as if the life force within Leon had been extinguished, leaving behind a mere shell of the vibrant person he once was. He had not even been vibrant for that long fck. His father had just recently died, and Leon was still suffering from that but he was getting better he really was and Atlas came in and at first he made everything even better, though it would be a lie to say that Adonis liked Atlas, but now Atlas made everything worst.

Adonis could count the amount of times on his thumb he had seen Leon cry- 5, but he had only seen him cry like this twice. During his father’s death and now during Atlas supposed death, hopefully Atlas was as dad as they said he was and not just disappeared because if Atlas was alive and just left Leon without any world, Adonis vowed to beat him to a pulp for leaving just like that, knowing the state Leon was. Leon was not in an ok state, and he knew that, and yet he disappeared. Hopefully Atlas was as good as dead.

If Atlas was dead, and hopefully that if answer was a yes, then Adonis still
couldn’t help but hold Atlas accountable for the anguish he saw in his friend’s eyes. The absence of Atlas had left a void that seemed impossible to fill, and it was clear that Leon’s world had been shattered, his world was merely a small crack but now it has been completely shattered and Leon was too young to have a shattered life. He was 15, *they were 15. If he was dead, it was not Atlas fault but still he would hold a grudge. A grudge was a useless thing to hold when held against a dead person, he knew this and that was why Adonis was holding it. It was useless, just a way to blame Leon’s mental state right now on someone who definitely deserved the blame.

As Adonis gazed at Leon’s tear-streaked face, it felt as if his own heart was shattering into a million irreparable pieces. The pain etched in every line and curve of Leon’s features mirrored the depths of his soul. Adonis could almost taste the bitterness of their shared sorrow, as if the tears falling from Leon’s eyes were liquid anguish. Adonis did not want to cry, he didn’t like crying or seeing anybody crying so he didn’t cry as he watched Leon cry but he felt like he would. He looked at Evie and Sebastian- Evie seemed to be going through a similar conflict as him and Sebastian just seemed confused, he didn’t know what to do, none of them did really. Maybe Evie and Sebastian might but Adonis definitely did not. Handling him when his father died was hard but easier than now and since that was hard for him, he did not know how to handle him now.

“I hate him,” Adonis said to Evie and Sebastian. “I hate him so fcking much, I wish Atlas never existed. He ruined Leon. Leon was already in a pretty bad mental state and he was supposed to make it better but that @sshole went out to die instead.” Adonis also could not help thinking but did not say it out loud that Leon was stupid for falling in love with Atlas.

Though he knew, that maybe Leon was just searching for an emotional connection after the loss of his father.

@Caticorn

1 Like

What if Dom had been the one to die?

(TW: drugs, death)

August 2016

Clara bit her thumb as she watched her phone, waiting for something, anything from her brother. It wasn’t like him to ignore her and she hadn’t seen him since the night before when he told her he was going out. Slowly running out of options and dreading the first that came to mind, she dialled Candice’s number. The first time, it rang until it went to voicemail. She didn’t bother leaving one and just called the number again.

“Hello?”

“Candice, have you seen Dom?” She asked, trying to mask her anxiety.

“I haven’t, isn’t he with you? He told me he was staying home today and I told him I’d call him tonight. Why?” Clara took a deep breath, trying to remain calm.

“He didn’t come home last night and he’s not answering my messages or picking up his phone and I’m scared.” She rambled, her voice breaking at the end.

“Give me a second, I’ll call you back.” The girl was whispering but Clara could tell that she was worried. She hung up and Clara just stared at her phone, waiting for Candice to call back.

“Come on, Dom…” She mumbled as she waited. She was hoping that he just didn’t want to tell her where he was or what he had gotten himself into. She answered her phone the second it rang again. “Well?”

“I tried calling him and he’s not picking up for me either…I don’t know where…wait wait I have his location shared with me…sh-t. I don’t have it…I don’t…I always have it…I…I don’t know, Clara.”

Clara could tell that Candice was starting to get more and more worried, she could hear it in her voice and it only amplified Clara’s own worries. She heard a voice in the background of the call, which she presumed to be Lily-Ann, screaming and then Candice cursed again.

“I can’t get out of this…stupid f-cking thing right now but but…I’ll figure it out. I…I have a friend…I’ll ask him…and then I’ll help you look when I’m done.”

“Okay, you do that and let me know when you’re done. I’m going to call the police.” She told her before hanging up and instead dialling the number for the police. Calling the police was high up on Clara’s list of last resorts but now she felt that the more people they had looking, the better. “I’d like to report a missing person…Dominic Charles Lucier…last night, around 10pm…I don’t know where he went…our family home in Beryl Heights…yes, male…caucasian…14 years old, born March 7th, 2002…um, 5’6, athletic build, dirty blonde hair and he has heterochromia, his right eye is blue and his left eye is brown…he was wearing a navy blue t-shirt, black shorts and white Adidas superstars with black accents…I can bring one down. Thank you.” As she hung up the phone, she took another deep breath but her breaths were becoming shakier and shakier with each one. The phone call she had just made was one that she never thought she would have to. She pulled out her phone to text Candice.

Hey. I’m going to the police station to give a pic of dom if you want to meet me there

She got in her car and drove, having printed out the last picture of her brother that she had on her phone. Her parents were still asleep. She didn’t want to wake them with the news of ‘your son is missing’. She parked at the police but decided to wait for Candice before going, no longer sure if she could do it alone. Except when the girl arrived, she was a wreck. She could barely walk because of how hard she was crying.

“I…I…I’m so…so…I don’t…know…how do I…oh god…Clara, I’m so sorry…I’m sorry.” She babbled while sobbing and Clara put her hands on her shoulders.

“Candice. Candice, breathe.” She instructed, starting to become worried about caused her to be crying like this. “What happened?” Candice closed her eyes.

“He’s dead, Clara…Dom…he…he died…he overdosed.”

Clara felt the air leave her lungs and her hand flew up to her mouth as she finally let herself break down. She quickly embraced Candice as she began to sob.

Two Weeks Later…

Attending the funeral of her fourteen-year-old brother was by far the hardest thing Clara had ever done. Aside from their family members, most of the attendees were kids Dom’s age, his friends from school and soccer teammates. Candice. Seeing the sombre expressions on their faces was yet another knife into Clara’s heart. She had convinced her parents to let her give the eulogy. When it came time for her to give it, she stood up with a handful of tissues.

“Good afternoon. If anyone doesn’t know who I am, Dom was my little brother. The problem with a life being cut as short as my brother’s is that there isn’t much for a eulogy. He was born on March 9th, 2002 and our parents named him Dominic Charles Lucier. He always preferred Dom, though. He, um, he loved art and…and soccer.” She reached her breaking point, unable to keep herself from crying anymore. Her dad came up and put his arm around her shoulders, rubbing her arm to comfort her as she dabbed at her eyes with her tissues. When she finally felt ready to continue, she took a deep breath. “He would never let anyone see his pieces until he was satisfied with them, even if they were already beautiful. He loved spending time with his friends, especially his girlfriend, Candice. Dom was supposed to be going to high school next month, attending the same school that both myself and our mother attended. Instead, he died, two weeks ago, because of a drug overdose. I can only hope that he wasn’t alone or in pain. Love you forever, Dom.” As she finished and went back to her seat, she caught a glimpse of the other attendees. Candice, poor thing, hadn’t stopped crying, her sobs only intensifying when Clara mentioned Dom’s art. His friend Jordan was looking at his feet. Daniel, the little sh-t, was on his phone and Clara knew that she had seen him roll his eyes during the eulogy. If they were anywhere else, she would’ve decked him right then and there. Lucky him, she was too busy crying.

Clara cried through the rest of the ceremony. Then it was time for the cemetery. She travelled with her family and Candice. Clara held Candice’s hand the entire drive. She managed to calm down her crying on the way over and held it (somewhat) together during the ceremony at his grave but when it came time to place flowers on his coffin, a few as she set down the blue forget-me-nots that she had chosen for this moment,

At the reception, people kept coming up to Clara and offering their condolences, telling her what a shame it was for her brother to have died so young. The issue was, most of these people Clara had never met or had only met once in her life. They were her parents’ friends and co-workers or distant relatives. Their sympathies felt empty. So Clara got away from that as soon as she could, finding Candice in the crowd.

“Hey hun, how are you holding up?” She asked, putting her hand on the girl’s back. Candice just hugged her and Clara hugged her back, holding her tight. She’d seen the tears in her eyes and that was a good enough answer for her question.

“How…are you doing?” Candice asked after a few moments had passed.

“I miss him.” This was all Clara could come up with and really it summed up how she had felt since that day. She couldn’t bring herself to enter his room because she knew that he wouldn’t be on the other side of the door, yelling at her to get out and she wasn’t ready to face that. “Candice, I miss him so much.”

“I keep thinking back to his last words to me and…and…I told him that I loved him and I’ll call him in the morning and now I can’t and…it feels like sometimes I can’t breathe…” As Candice spoke, her voice barely above a whisper, all Clara could think about was how Candice was too young for this. She was too young to know this kind of loss.

“I know, Candice, I know.” She cooed, tightening her embrace on the girl. “He knew how much you loved him and he loved you, too. You were the best thing that ever happened to him.”

The End

Mentioned:
@benitz786 - Candice, Jordan and Dan

2 Likes

Leon looked awful. There was no denying it. Atlas’ disappearance was bringing up a lot of bad memories and he was starting to fall apart. Evelyn was more prepared this time but that didn’t make it any easier to watch him deteriorate further every day. They had gone out with Adonis and Sebastian, something Evie had hoped would distract him for at least a few hours, but Leon had only lasted half an hour before excusing himself and separating from the group, finding somewhere he could sit down. She hated seeing him like this but aside from making sure he ate, there wasn’t much she could do and that sometimes, he just needed to be left alone.

As soon as he left, Adonis began ranting about Atlas and how much he hated him. Evie rolled her eyes. Was he her favourite person on Earth? Absolutely not. She didn’t hate him though. She shushed him immediately when he said that Atlas was dead. There was no official confirmation of his fate yet, just the police saying that was the most likely scenario at this point. There was still a chance that he could be alive and Leon was clinging to that chance. Evie had chosen to support him in that, even though she knew that it was highly unlikely that it was true. Adonis, apparently, had other thoughts.

“Adonis.” Evie scolded as he finished his rant, glaring at him. Adonis wasn’t exactly yelling but he wasn’t quiet either and Evie was worried about his voice carrying. “Are you serious right now? You better hope that Leon can’t hear you because he would actually never speak to you again.” She felt like she was lecturing a child but Adonis knew better.

@Kristi

1 Like

Adonis rolled his eyes at Evie speaking to him as if she saw him as nothing more than a naive child in need of scolding. Though she was one of his best friends, she always did this, it was a habit of her’s that Adonis disliked a lot and maybe sometimes she was right, maybe yeah he could be out of line a bit but this? This was not him being out of line, this was the cold hard truth. Atlas, in all his destructive glory, was like a relentless disease plaguing the very fabric of Earth. Even in supposed death, his presence lingered, infecting all of them. Adonis remembered of the titan named Atlas in greek mythology who was cursed to holding the skies for eternity, but this Atlas, the Atlas Adonis knows and has met has definitely been born holding hell.

A demonic little brat that Adonis was just beginning to tolerate.

“He would too busy with his crying and the sea loud waves to hear me.” Adonis said, “He’s not that close to us too, and you know, you know I’m right/ Atlas was a curse on all of us, and Leon has always deserved better.” He was just stupid to see that, stupid because this was his first time falling in love. He had no experience, he was basically a child when he comes to love (and a child in real life considering the fact all of them are 15)

Adonis fears that Leon might develop a thing for what did Sza say again? 'I’ve had a thing for dirty shoes since I was 10 , Love dirty men alike; Adonis did not want him to develop a love for dirty shoes or dirty men- people. So he had to give out the cold hard truth the way it was, though he was not directly saying this to Leon because he just could not. Adonis was a lot of things but he was not a douche, well at least not to his friends. Ok now that one time does not count, and no this does not count either. “Someone needs to tell him that Atlas is nothing but trouble. It’s not like I want to see him hurt, but someone has to protect him from himself. Besides, Evie, no matter how much he.” Adonis eyes moved to the crying Leon, guilt and sympathy crossing his face before he shook it off to stare back at Evie, “Cries. He won’t bring back Atlas. You know, if Atlas is not truly dead, you know what this would mean right, one that he was kidnapped and two that he left on his own without a word and from the looks of it , tis the latter one.”

@Caticorn

1 Like

Adonis continued and Evie couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She stared him down the entire time he was talking, arms crossed, just to let him know that she wasn’t taking any of his sh-t. “Do you even hear yourself right now?” She asked, hoping that he might realize how ridiculous he sounded. Even if Leon couldn’t hear them, she still didn’t think Adonis should be saying what he was. “He might have been a pain in the a-s but he was the best thing to happen to Leon in a long time and you know it. He made him genuinely smile for the first time in two years. Doesn’t that count for something?” That was the difference between Evie and Adonis. Evie was able to keep her opinions to herself because she saw the benefits to having Atlas around.

“What he needs right now is for us to make sure he takes care of himself and doesn’t completely cut off his sister again. Someone he trusts talking sh-t about his missing boyfriend is the complete opposite of what he needs.” She countered, getting fed up. The final straw was Adonis essentially saying that Leon was crying for nothing. She crossed her arms, trying to contain her anger. “You don’t think he knows that? It didn’t bring his dad back either but he’s upset, Adonis. He’s scared and in denial because if it’s true that Atlas is dead, it means that he lost another person he loved without getting to say goodbye and for him, it’s too much, too soon. I’d honestly prefer him to be crying because what comes next is worse.”

@Kristi

1 Like

"Do you even hear yourself right now?’

He was not deaf so yes, Adonis thought but did not say out loud. If he said it out loud, Adonis knew that Evie would get even more angry at him being sarcastic and usually he would not care and do it to tease her- he knew that her anger would not be annoyance but real anger so he kept quiet. When she went on a rant about how oh Atlas might not have been the best but he was the best for Leon, ‘stop being so heartless’ and blah blah. Adonis knew she was right but then again was she really? Adonis had something to say but for the first time in a long time bit his lips, he would wait till she said more till he replied.

“Is not sht talking if it’s true,” Adonis replied, looking back at Leon then at Evie, “And comparing Leon’s dad-”

“Adonis please shut up,” Sebastian said tired of hearing them fighting. He put his palm over Adonis mouth and gave them both a look. “Can you guys please shut up but of you?” He released his palm from Adonis mouth as he turned to look at Evie. “Evie, come on now, you know how Adonis is- he shows emotions through being a jerk and violence, you should just ignore him and kick him, arguing with him is pointless because everybody knows- I think even Atlas himself knew that Adonis hated his guts.” Sebastian then turned to Adonis with a glare, “And Adonis stop talking, Evie is right, Leon is grieving. He needs us- well, he needs space first but he needs us. We were not really there for him when his father died, because he would not let anyone near him but we have to be here for him now. It’s not time to fight amongs friends and besides instead of focusing on the negative parts of a maybe dead person lets focus on the positives- tell me one good thing about Atlas apart from him being with Leon, Evie you start.”

@Caticorn - Evie

1 Like

Evie narrowed her eyes at Adonis and tensed up, ready to fire back but before she could speak, Sebastian interjected, coming in between her and Adonis. First, he physically restrained Adonis, covering his mouth with his hand to stop him from talking. Then, he began talking them both down, reminding them of what they were actually supposed to be doing right now.

“I’m going to do a lot more than kick him if he keeps talking like that.” She threatened under her breath before relaxing her stance because Sebastian was right, they shouldn’t be fighting with each other when their friend needs them. She just had to get that one last threat out so she could feel like she won. Adonis was just such a pain in the a-s, she couldn’t help it.

“Okay, fine.” She responded, sighing dramatically. She felt that he was being ridiculous but if it kept Adonis quiet, she was willing to try. “I guess I always admired how positive he was. I don’t think I ever saw Atlas get angry. Like, genuinely angry not ‘I’m messing with you’ angry.” She explained, speaking softly. She never told him that to his face, mostly because he always managed to do or say something that would annoy her.

@Kristi

1 Like

Adonis looked between Evie and Sebastian, was there something good about Atlas apart from him being Leon’s ‘ex’ that he was missing? How was the fact that the boy was a positive push over a good thing? “Is there anything good about Atlas that am missing?” He finall asked scratching head. Sebastian rolled his eyes at him, "Come on, man say something nice’ Sebastian urged. But see, Adonis had always been told not to be a liar and that if he had nothing nice to say he should not say it all so he really had nothing to say- ok it’s not like he listened the ‘if you have nothing nice don’t say it at all’ thingy but what could he say about Atlas.

Atlas was annoying, mid, a troll, short, d@ad, probably broke- Adonis thought of the things Atlas was at side from Leon to find an answer, “With how ugly he was he made us look better?” Evie gave him a look and Sebastian gave him one, fine. He would be nice, he can be nice, he was not that much of a jerk. He would say Atlas had nice hair but he didn’t, in fact it would be better if Atlas went bald, “He has a cool name- Atlas, I like his name.” Adonis admitted.

@Caticorn

1 Like

May 30th, 1999

Hearing the the loud booming horn of the ship, Addie knew they were now leaving the dock and once again, the little anxiety that had been bubbling was starting to grow again. God… again, why the bloody fcking hell was she so nervous? Was it Lauren? Did her words get to her? Maybe… maybe they had but she knew how to do this - her entire childhood was trained for impressing people and here she was, drinking her bloody mimosa trying to calm the hell down. Her body was pinned against the boat rail, with Leo having both of his arms on the rails around her. He knew his touch was a calming presence for her and she appreciated it… his touch… his voice as he told her for the millionth time that she’d be fine.

“We should go meet them. I can’t just keep hiding out, my love.”

“You can stay here as long as you’d like, Addie.”

“As adorable as you are, we both know I can’t. I’m… well I’m not ready but I’m ready darling.”

There was a loving smile that met her lips as she felt Leo kiss her forehead, “I love you.” “I love you more.”

At the very least, the mimosa Addie drank earlier was somewhat working on her nerves. Currently, her hands were intertwined with Leo’s as he led her towards the front of the ship where most of the guests were gathered. It truly was the epitome of what wealthy people did on a Friday Afternoon. There was a bar in the corner, but the entirety of the area was covered with several servers that had champagne and mimosas on their trays - walking around so that anyone could grab them. Alongside the drinks, there were also appetizers on other trays that screamed “expensive”. And again, expensive didn’t necessarily mean it looked edible.

All around the ship, people were conversing - but Addie could see the clear distinction in where the men were wanted, and where the women should converse to talk about… god knows what. Some wives and girlfriends were with their husbands, but they simply stood at the outskirts of the conversation, nodding along. Addie’s eyes did meet “Hannah’s”, and honestly, she seemed to be one of the only people actually talking to multiple men - laughing, uncaringly as she leaned against who Addie imagined was her husband. They were an adorable couple… at least from what Addie could see from afar. It seemed like everything between the two was natural - every moment, every touch, every smile. It was honestly contagious, and Addie could only feel happiness for the girl she met only a few moments earlier.

Feeling Leo lift her hand up to his lips with a mumble of are you ready? as he looked towards her. Adelaide only nodded. It felt almost impossible to get any words out, but she was likely more ready now than she’d be later. At least, Addie had Leo’s hand in her own. Again, his proximity was calming… and thankfully, this would be the rest of her life. Him with her. The love of her life… first she just had to meet his parents.

After a few seconds, Leo led her towards two individuals situated at the middle of the ship. Addie had noticed them the moment she walked in, but… hadn’t necessarily paid attention to them until this moment. The two did have a strange way of pulling everyone’s attention on them… so It only made sense that they were the hosts of this extravaganza. And if it wasn’t for the fact that they were quite literally standing at the middle of the party…it was the fact that every individual at this party was either keeping their eyes on the couple, or they were attempting to strike up a conversation with the hosts.

After all, it seemed that being on their good side was the key to this event. As they got closer to the two, Addie could finally make out their features that she couldn’t really see from a far. It only became clearer why the two were drawing the attention from every person in the room, they were a beautiful couple. In looks, they were gorgeous. Alone and together. Both had striking features; blonde hair, blue eyes, sharp features. It was truly alluring, and honestly, impossible to look away from. While Leo’s father had a more golden touch to his hair, his mother seemed to have more of an ashy color. In a strange way though, Leo didn’t exactly look like either of them. Leo had more of his dad in him then his mom; the color of his hair… the chiseled jaw… but there was something that separated Leo from the two. Don’t get Addie wrong, however, Leo was just as striking by himself. Leo was likely the most handsome man Adelaide had ever met, and perhaps Addie was biased, but even before she was in love with the man, she had to give him props on the fact that he was good looking.

In any case, Leo’s parents complimented each other; in looks and reactions. They truly looked like the image of perfection. Every move seemed calculated - but only to a trained eye and trust Addie, she had seen this so many times before. She grew up around this - and she knew how to spot it. Though, Adelaide didn’t exactly have time to think much about it because before she knew it, she was in front of them. Perhaps it was instinct… a trained part of her drilled into her as a child… but the moment she stood in front of them, that nervousness dripped away. Instead, the girl in front of them was Adelaide Parker, granddaughter of a prince and in line for the english throne. A girl trained in all thing etiquette, with detailed understanding that first impressions meant everything.

“Mom, Dad, this is Adelaide Parker, the girl I’m going to marry”

There was a trained smile on Addie’s lips as she looked towards the two. Her hand was still intertwined with Leo’s as she took her moment to speak. “It’s an honor to to finally meet Leo’s parents. Thank you so much for the invite to this weekend’s events, I’m looking forward to getting to know both of you during the festivities. Nothing has been short of perfection, and I’m sure that both of you had a big part in making that happen. Leo was actually telling me how there’s a charity art auction starting in a little while, and I’m so excited to take part in it. My family is always looking to grow their collection in art. We actually just donated Salvador Dalí collection to The National Gallery in London.”

Matching her practiced smile, Addie could sense a similar one on both Leo’s parents as she spoke. While it was somewhat unsettling, Addie had had this type of conversation many times before.

“I’m glad our son finally brought you along. It will be nice to finally get to know the girl my son wants to marry. And please do, we have some great pieces going up for auction and all the funds collected will be going towards the Memorial Sloane Children’s Cancer Center in New York. I even believe we may have a Dalí going for auction, if you’d like to add to your parent’s donation in London.”

Addie wasn’t the only one to hear that right? The moment Leo’s father said wants to marry. Clearly Addie wasn’t the only one, because she felt Leo’s hand tighten around hers at those words - and she felt his demeanor shift. Though technically, she had noticed a shift the moment they arrived in front of his parents. That being said, Addie didn’t allow any reaction to show on her face as she responded to his comment.

“That sounds absolutely divine. I’m looking forward to it.”

This entire time, Leo’s mother had yet to say a word. Instead, she had simply stood there, drinking her champagne, watching Addie with judgement in her eyes. Though, to anyone else, the smile that was on his mother’s face would only show the presence of a loving wife who was smiling at the chance of meeting her daughter in law. Addie knew too much about this world, however, to be fooled by that.

“Adelaide, while we’d love to get to know you some more right now, sadly our hosting duties mean we have to keep greeting the rest of our guests. How about we plan for a private brunch on Monday before you leave? We can talk about the wedding then. For now, we will have to steal Leo for a little while for hosting duties. I do hope you enjoy the event, please make sure to get some appetizers and talk to some of the other girls.”

For a second, Addie felt Leo tense up for the second time - his grip tightening around her but after a second he, kissed her hand. There was a look of… regret and frustration on Leo’s features… likely due to having to leave Addie alone. Though Adelaide sent him a soft smile telling him it was okay. “I’ll find you soon okay?”

Great… so all of Addie’s fears were correct. This was all a test - the entire thing meaning she had to be on her “best behavior”. Not that she wasn’t already going to be but… let’s just say that anxiety that she had at the beginning of this entire weekend was ramped up 10 fold. AND she bloody missed Leo and wanted to talk to him about it but she couldn’t because he was with his parents. So here she was, with her second mimosa, alone looking out at the sea. The coast was no longer in view, so now truly all she could see was the water.

“That bad?”

Turning around, Addie saw Hannah join her; soon leaning against the railing across from Addie. “Not bad… per say… just… it all feels…”

“Like you’re playing a part?”

“Exactly. His parents are using this weekend to figure out if he should marry me.”

“Then we show them that you will.”

A little pep talk from Hannah was just what she bloody needed. Was she still anxious? Yes. But was she a little less so after Hannah walked her through exactly what she knew about Leo’s family and what to do to impress them? Yes. Hannah was a bloody godsend.

Hannah only left her to go find her husband when the announcement about the charity auction beginning hit the loud speakers of the ship; though she had triple checked that Addie would be okay before doing so. Would she? Let’s hope.

Walking towards the large interior of the yacht; Adelaide found that they had set up one of the largest inner rooms for the auction. Chairs were situated all around the room, faced towards the elevated platform where they’d likely bring out the paintings to show them off. Yes, this wasn’t Addie’s first art auction, and it likely would not be her last.

Grabbing a number from the workers handing them out, Addie finally walked inside. Most of the room was full already; meaning there was only sparse seating left. Though, Addie didn’t necessarily mind. Walking towards the middle, Addie smiled towards an older couple sitting near the side “Is this seat take…” However, she didn’t get to finish those words as she felt someone’s arms around her waist, turning her around.

“Sit with me.”

It had probably only been an hour and a half since Adelaide had seen Leo, but it felt so much longer without Leo. Addie had instinctively placed her arms around his neck - keeping herself steady as Leo kept his hands on her back pulling her close to him. “Is that an order?”

“It’s a request, because personally, I’d like to be sitting next to my fiancé.”

“Mmhmmm… what if I wanted to sit in the back?”

“Then I’ll pull up a chair next to you.”

“You’ll cause a scandal.”

“And?”

“Anddddd, let’s go find our seats, love, before we cause a spectacle.” Addie smiled, pulling away only to put her hand in his. It was a good thing that most people were still talking - likely paying no attention to the two of them. (Well… Lauren and Preston were paying attention but that’s another topic all together)

Walking with Leo to quite literally the front row, Adelaide took a seat next to him before laying her head on his shoulder. “I missed you.” Addie mumbled, letting her free hand that wasn’t already holding his trail his arm. “Trust me, if I could have been with you. I would have… it’s better than just standing like a puppet saying hello to everyone.” She heard him whisper so low that only she could hear. She was going to respond but she found her attention brought to the front when Leo’s dad and mom made the stage. They started by thanking everyone for coming, followed by a what this auction is for and how they want to give back to the community. You know - what ever speech at every art gallery consists of.

However, there was something Addie noticed; it was a look that Leo’s dad gave to Leo when he caught sight of Addie. It was followed by another stiffening from Leo - and Addie knew, once again they were being watched. Perhaps she shouldn’t have dropped her guard… when Leo’s dad clearly was… making it perfectly clear that they weren’t to act like this before their approval. So while Leo didn’t make any moves to let go of Addie’s hand, Addie stopped leaning on Leo, fixed her posture, and attempted to take her hand away from his. Attempted because she felt Leo’s grip tightening, causing her to leave it right where it was.

Soon after the hosts speech, Leo’s parents took a seat next to the open seats on the other side of Leo; and the auction begin. For the most part, it was as expected. Most pieces went for a few million, with the highest thus far going for 28.7 million for a Rembrandt. Supposedly it was the most coveted item of the auction, so that was to be expected. Addie truly wasn’t too interested so far… well that was until one particular painting came up for auction.

And no, it wasn’t the Salvador Dalí.

“Next we have the Truth of Nature by Monet valued at 1.2 million. We’ll be starting our auction at that price.”

It was the first painting Adelaide had seen in the art gallery she had… well… forced her way into as Leo’s “girlfriend”. It was the first real conversation Leo and her had - discussing the painting where Addie had called it a bridge with some flowers and a lake. Addie’s grip tightened on Leo for a second before she put her number up to bid on the painting.

“1.2 million, do we have a… 1.5 million…”

And that went on and on. Addie raised her paddle when someone bid against her, wracking up the cost to 4.2 million before she realized… well… she left her purse in Leo’s car with her checkbook. Fck. Perhaps Leo sensed her panic, and noticed the fact that she had yet to put her paddle up when someone bid against her.

But before the auctioned could say sold, she found Leo lifting his paddle with the words “5 million” .

“6 million”

“7” .

“8”

“9” .

“10”

It seemed Leo’s participation in the auction caught someone else’s attention. Addie noticed another man their age had raised his paddle for the first time since the auction started. But with the man getting to 10 million, Addie held Leo’s paddle down as a It’s okay, we can let it go. So despite her fiancé seeming tense, he dropped it allowing the painting to be sold. Addie knew he was frustrated - and perhaps she didn’t know the entirety of why, she brought his hand to her lips and kissed it.

As the auction was coming to a close, Addie excused herself to go to the bathroom. After realizing she left her purse a while earlier, she hadn’t exactly bid on anything else. Damn… there goes impressing Leo’s parents on that front. Perhaps that’s why she lingered a little longer outside the room. Her eyes settled on the nearing estate in the distance. Honestly, it was calming; being on a boat surrounded by water.

“Interesting auction wasn’t it?”

Addie allowed her gaze to leave the water and meet the man she had found bidding against Leo earlier.

“I wouldn’t say it was interesting.”

“You don’t think so? I think buying a painting 8.8 million over the value of it’s pretty riveting.”

“Is that supposed to be impressive? It’s going to charity.”

Addie watched him laugh before leaning against the railing she was originally leaning on - causing Addie to back away slightly to put distance between the two.

“Leo seemed to find it… fascinating if you ask me. How did Leo get a girl like you anyways, you are… beautiful. Honestly, I think every man in that room had his eyes on you, including me. What are you and Leo anyways? Are you his… girlfriend? His…”

Adelaide didn’t like where this was going. Honestly, this man was just making her uncomfortable at this point.

“He’s my fia…”

Wait.

Leo’s dad had made it clear that saying those words… well… weren’t acceptable at this point. So what made her say her next words? Honestly… perhaps it was just the panic of needing to cover up her tracks.

“He’s my friend… and I don’t appreciate you…”

Adelaide didn’t get to finish those words as she felt her body pulled against another from behind. She felt Leo’s lips on her neck, followed by Leo’s voice. “Leave my fiancé alone, Preston.”

Addie heard a cruel laugh come from the man as he looked between the two of them. “Fiancé? You sure about that? Because she just introduced herself as your friend, which to me, means she’s free game to hit on. Not that her being yours would have really stopped me anyways.”

Her heart dropped hearing Preston use her words against her. Fck. Turning around to face Leo, Addie could see his gaze directed at Preston. But she knew he was hurt. So without waiting, she placed her hands on his face bringing his eyes to meet hers before kissing him on the lips. Pulling away she brought her lips to his muttering I didn’t want your dad to be angry about me telling everyone we’re getting married

Though those words only seemed to make Leo hold her tighter. “Why are you still here? Leave.”

“Just enjoying the view. Please, go on. I’m fascinated to see how easy this is going to be for me. Oh Leonardo, how’s that black piece of shit you call your friend? Is he still sucking your dck at every turn? Or did he stop following you around like a lost puppy?”

Addie had never seen Leo angrier than she had seen him in this moment. He was fuming - and while Addie could see him trying to hold it in, he wasn’t doing it very well with his. next words.

“F^^k off, and don’t let another f^^king word about my friend, or fiancé, leave your mouth again.”

“I’m just saying what we both know is true, Leonardo. Harry’s your little slave, as it should be. And with girls, I mean… let’s be honest, all of your exes would agree that I was better in every way anyways.”

“Can you leave us alone?”

Maybe Addie was trying to ease the tension, but her speaking and turning back towards him only brought his attention back to her - which was followed with a smile as he looked at her. “Anything for you… Addie was it? I hope to see you again… under less disruptive circumstances”

With those words, She found the man bending down and grabbing her hand before placing a kiss on it. One that was far too long for her liking - though with the man in front of her, any interaction was far too long. Pulling her hand away within a second of him grabbing and kissing it, she added “And I hope we don’t interact at all.”

And with those words, Addie pulled Leo away from Preston before anything could happen. And trust her, with the way Leo was looking at Preston, something was about to. Addie could sense it… hell… if anyone had walked by, they would be able to sense it too.

Addie hadn’t stopped pulling Leo’s arm until they were far away from where Preston was and the two of them were alone. Wrapping her arms around Leo, Addie hugged her fiancé tightly as his heart raced and his breath followed. “I’m going to fcking be…”

“Leo, look at me.”

Addie pulled his face back towards her, allowing his eyes to meet hers until she continued speaking. “I love you. I love only you. I will only ever love you.” Addie whispered, Looking into his eyes.

“Do you trust me?”

“I trust you Addie, of course I trust you.”

“Then breathe with me.” Addie whispered, taking a deep inhale and waiting for him to follow, and then exhaling. She did this a few times until she could feel his heart rate had gone down. “I don’t… know what that was Leo, but I love you and I’m here for you and I know I was stupid and I called myself your friend but I didn’t know if I was allowed to tell people I was your…”

“Addie, I’m going to marry you. I don’t care who says what, you’re my future wife and I’m going to make sure the entire world knows.”

The entirety of this day had been… mind Addie’s mind language a mind fck. Thankfully she was now in a room alone with her Leo, but it seemed even that was going to be taken away when the maids told Leo and Addie they were in separate rooms. Suffice to say, they were not in separate rooms anymore… even if Addie felt terrible as the maid told Leo that his parents had specified they were to be in separate rooms.

In any case, they were here now: post shower, wrapped up in each other’s arms. Addie let out soft moans, feeling Leo kiss her neck - though her mind was elsewhere. Yes, today had been a long day - one that included meeting Leo’s ex… fiancé. “Leo, tell me about your exes…”

“Hmm?”

Leo was still kissing her neck, leaving probably more than one mark before he finally pulled away. “What do you want to know?”

“Everything. All of them. Start from the beginning. You tell me yours and I’ll tell you mine. Like, who was your first kiss?”

“My first kiss was with my girlfriend when I was 14… she and I dated for… 7 months before we broke up.”

“Was it a good kiss?”

“For the life of me, I can’t remember. Which tells you it wasn’t as good as you. What about you?”

“Technically, my first kiss was from this boy in Switzerland when I was 12. Okay fine, look you wouldn’t really consider it a kiss. It was just a kiss on the cheek, but he helped me get expelled from boarding school so it was a well deserved kiss.”

Addie could see the strange look on his face - questioning the words she had just said. And she didn’t hesitate before telling him the longwinded story of how she tried to run away from school and this boy a little bit older than her helped her realize that the best way was just to get expelled and even gave her an ingredient list on how to make a stink bomb and set it off alllll over school. Though the look he gave her after the story was far stranger than the one before.

“What? What’s that look for?”

Leo didn’t respond, instead, she found his lips on hers as he kissed her again. It took a while before he pulled away, but when he did he continued with “So when was your second first kiss?”

Part 2.5/4

@Littlefeets

1 Like

April 29th, 2040

It had been a long time since something made Candice stop in her tracks but this moment right here - Dominic telling her that he owed her a apology… that made her stop. Everything in her mind slowed, and instead, she could only look at the man in front of her with a confused expression. Out of everything else that could have happened today, this was never something she could have expected. Honestly… part of her didn’t even know how to react. What do you say to your ex who’s hated you for more than 2 decades and is now apologizing? Genuinely apologizing?

But after taking a second, she found herself smiling softly as she met his eyes. “Thank you. I know… sigh what you went through was awful. And you did what you needed to so that you could get through it. I get it Dominic… I did the same thing when I left you. I broke up with you without explanation… I distanced myself because I blamed myself too. So… I understand… but I appreciate the apology.”

Nope… she wasn’t expecting the day to go like this. Hell, even a younger Candice would have never predicted that Dominic would apologize to her but here they were; two people standing in an art gallery as they did many years ago.

Flashback:

“Dom dom dom, look at that one. Isn’t it beautiful.” Pulling her boyfriend towards yet another painting, Candice had a rare day off - specifically because her mother was away for a conference for the weekend meaning not only was it a rare day, it was a rare couple of days. It was because of that, Candice had made sure to schedule every waking free hour she had with people she loved. Val, her girl friends, and Dom of course. And today: it was her date with Dom. All day; just him and her.

And yes, was it a surprise they used their day to check out the new exhibit at the California Museum of Art? No - it truly shouldn’t be. A grin met her lips as Dom wrapped his arms around her from behind, kissing her cheek as he turned his head to look at the painting. “You’re more beautiful,” “You can’t use that line every time Dom. Now tell me, what do you think about this painting?.” She loved this; hearing her boyfriend’s thoughts about paintings and comparing it to her own. And, well, she loved him too.

A small laugh escaped her lips at his sentiment about galleries. “I know… I do too.” Though her expression turned more serious as he begin explaining his thoughts about the painting. He was right; it was too bright compared to what was surrounding it. She found herself making a mental note to rearrange the gallery. “Perhaps I should tell you the truth Dominic. I might be asking your opinion for selfish reasons. I own this gallery.”

@Caticorn

1 Like

Raphael & Eve Azure

The Wedding Day - December 2030

Raphael smiled at his cousin, though his nerves were clear. “Why am I scared to do this, Val? We’ve been together for so long, I shouldn’t be like this.” Even after years of being together, Raphael still couldn’t stop himself from being nervous about the big day ahead. He could have proposed years ago, he knew that, but they had just settled into a life that was perfect the way it was. They both knew they wanted to be together the rest of their lives, but somehow making it official, becoming husband and wife, just seemed exceptionally daunting. “Raph, it’s natural. Marriage is a big deal, so being nervous is normal.” Valerie said, doing her best to assure him. “I don’t know. Something seems different, and I don’t know what it is… I’m just in my head, I know…” Raphael sighed, sitting down next to Valerie, who was holding her young son, Peter. “Hey, listen to me. You two are a great couple, so trust me. It’s going to be just fine.” Raphael took a deep breath, he knew it was just nerves, but something still felt different about the whole day, and about Eve, but if he was nervous then maybe she just was too. “I just love her so much” he began, lightly touching Peter’s tiny little hand with a smile. “I want everything with her, and there’s no one else I could imagine marrying and eventually raising a family with, but at the same time it’s still scary.” Raphael let out. “Trust me Raph, today is going to be amazing, and it’s just the beginning.”

Eve let out a deep, but panicked, breath in an effort to calm herself. It was her wedding day, and there she was counting down the minutes until the day was over. She knew it wouldn’t be much longer until she was marrying the man she would be spending the rest of her life with. This day was supposed to be the best day of her life, but why was she so nervous? Her hands were shaking, she couldn’t seem to get ahold of herself, even when someone else came up to her.

“Hey love, how are you feeling? You look absolutely bloody amazing, Raph won’t be able to keep his eyes… or hands off of you. Do you need anything?”

“I think that’s the problem…” she responded when Jess said how Raph wouldn’t be able to keep his hands off of her.

Eve looked over at Jess just in time to see her raise an eyebrow, only to let her gaze quickly return to her feet as she started trying to chew on the ends of her hair, like she often did when she was nervous. Though, after just a moment, she felt Jess’s arms around her before she heard Jess whisper, “You’re going to be a great mom, you know that? That kids will be loved, and well fed. Amazingly fed. Like probably even better fed than I am right now - which trust me, is very well fed… though… Now I’m craving your family’s pizza fck. ANYWAYS, if, Eve, I go back in time and be your child, because damn, that kid won the lottery. But, how are you doing?”

“I… don’t know. We didn’t plan for this… I wasn’t planning on this until after I graduate. How am I supposed to do this?” There was a part of her that knew Jess was right, that her kid would be loved and well taken care of, but she couldn’t deny the panic that had a hold of her. Kids weren’t supposed to be in the picture yet. How was she even going to have the time? The wedding was even planned knowing that it would fit between semesters, so how would a baby fit into that? Maybe in a couple years it would be different, but right now, a baby was not part of the plan.

“Darling,” Jess began, pressing her head against Eve’s. “What was a few more years going to change, really? You know you love Raph and you know he absolutely adores you. Sure this wasn’t expected, and yes, maybe life would be more stable later. But does that mean that you won’t figure this out? No. And guess what love? You’re not alone. You’re never alone. You have Raph, your parents, me. There are so many people who love you and won’t let you do this alone. So to answer your question, how are you supposed to do this? Well, darling, with help.”

“Come and get me Vic!” Cassie called out to her cousin as they played tag. It wasn’t often that they got to see each other, but there was the rare time when they were both in the same place. Daniel Parker usually tried to keep a distance between any member of the Azure family and his, despite the Azures being relatives of Valerie, and by extension the young Veronica Charlotte as well, or as Cassandra Azure decided to call her, Vic. Though this was a special occasion, this was the day that Cassie’s older brother was getting married. Her oldest brother, Kai, got married before she was born, but her other brother, Raphael, was finally getting married, so that meant the whole family was invited and Cassie got to see her cousin.

The nine year old ran, keeping just enough distance behind her, before stopping and hiding behind her brother, who was on a video call with Kai.

“I’m really sorry I’m not there, Raph.”

“I know… but it’s not your fault. I know you’d be here if you could.”

“Kai’s not coming?” She asked, questioning why Kai wouldn’t be there.

“I know Cassie, my flight got canceled. But I’ll try to come back and visit again soon though. And that goes for you too, Raph.” Kai said, returning his attention back to their brother. “Now go, you have more important things to do than talk to me. It’s about you and Eve, you don’t need me. I’ll talk to you later, Raph, and you too Cassie.” Cassie knew it hadn’t even been six months since she had seen her oldest brother, but she still felt like he should’ve been there. She could probably count on her fingers the number of times she had seen him in her life, and she knew her brothers had a much closer relationship than she had with Kai. He should’ve been there, everybody should’ve been there for Raph’s big day.

She watched her brother sigh, she could tell he was sad that Kai wouldn’t be there, but there was little more she could do when she heard VC’s voice coming closer, “Cassie, Cassieeee” By that point, Raph heard her too, and gave a slight nod telling Cassie to go ahead, that he’d be fine.

With that, Cassie took off, nearly getting caught by her cousin, only to find herself next to VC’s dad of all people. Cassie looked up to him when he looked down at her, her eyes silently pleading for him to help her, putting her finger to her lips asking him to keep quiet as she hid behind him and her oldest sister. She could see him smile for just a moment, as he continued talking with Akielah about some new invention of his. “I was watching this weird movie called Spy Kids with VC a few weeks ago and I wanted to know if I could make a R.A.L.P.H. like the beetle thing and GUESS what. I THINK I DID IT. You want to see? I need someone to mess around with it to see if I got the kinks out.”

“You know the answer to that already. Who else would be able to take something you’ve made and make it better?”

Cassie hid there, silently, waiting for VC to go by, just for the chase to begin again a moment later. Enjoying getting to play with her cousin for once, at least until the game soon had to end as it was time for everyone to take their seats.

There was no describing the mixture of nervousness and complete awe that Raphael had felt as he watched his fiancé walking down the aisle with her dad. It was truly the best moment of his life up to that point. Why didn’t he ask her to marry him so much sooner? He’d known he wanted her for the rest of his life since he was just a teenager, but now it was real. He was telling the world that Eve was not just the girl of his dreams, but his future, til death do them part. Aside from his nerves, it was the best day of his life, making her his wife. A day that would only get better from the moment they said, I do. There weren’t many people there, just their families and closest friends, but it was everything that mattered. A small wedding, with people that mattered there with them. He couldn’t stop smiling, an arm around Eve, simply enjoying the moment, the first of many as husband and wife. It was after Eve’s aunt had given them each a glass of wine that Eve looked at him, a slight concern visible in her eyes. “Raph?” Eve whispered, pausing to be sure she had his full attention, while not drawing everyone else’s. “You’re going to need to drink my wine.”

“Okay… why?” He asked, confused by the request. “I can’t drink.” She said slowly, but made her words clear, letting them sink in. “Not for the next few months.” She added as the meaning of her words became entirely clear. “Really? You’re sure?” Raphael said, making sense of all the little things that had been off recently, only to see her nod her head. “Certain.” With that answer, there was no doubt in his mind that it was the best day of his life, and that the days to come would be even better.

Mentioned:
@CerealKiller - Val, VC
@benitz786 - Jess, Dan

2 Likes

{ Expert in baby language talks to his babies | Aidan }

”You think you and I deserve a boys night?” ”Baaabbmbmaa.” ”Watching soccer, eating burgers AND DRINKING? Woah sloooow down, you know you’re still too young?” ”Abllabl-” ”NO, no, I don’t want to hear it! No drinking! How many times-” ”AMMMAMABL.” ”HOW dare you talk back to me?!” Laughter filled the room as Dori’s hands found the perfect tickle spot on his son’s tummy. Son. Yes, Dori had a son! Son who’s first words will NOT be mama! You hear that Jess? You can try all you want but that is not. going. to. happen. Now let me translate and explain what was happening right over here since some of you still don’t believe Dori can understand his babies…

”You think you and I deserve a boys night?” ”OOOH BOYS NIGHT! You’re the best dad, you know exactly what I need. We’re going to watch soccer, eat burgers and drink beer.” ”Watching soccer, eating burgers AND DRINKING? Woah sloooow down, you know you’re still too young?” ” Excuse me, dear father!? Me? Still too young? We are going to drink.” ”NO, no, I don’t want to hear it! No drinking! How many times-” ”HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY I AM NOT TOO YOUNG.” ”HOW dare you talk back to me?!” Simple as that.

While Jess was out with their little girls, Dori was left alone with their little boy and currently they were laying in Dori’s bed, just chatting like sons and fathers usually do. He could finally tell you he’s never been happier and anyone could see that just by looking at his face when he was around his family - not only did he have the perfect wife, perfect two little girls but now a perfect son? Could it get any better than this? ”Ammmabala.” ” Alright, you want me to call mom and see what she says? Alright, we will do that.” Now what he’s also been grateful for is Jess picking up her phone before it cuts off. Yes, she was learning and Dori couldn’t be prouder. He didn’t have to worry if something happened to her whenever she wouldn’t answer or worse, whenever her phone was dead.

”Hey love, can you do me a favor before you come back?” He started as soon as he heard her voice, his smile growing even bigger if that was possible at this point. ”Listen, I don’t know what got into our son but he’s been asking me for beer aaaaall day, you know how kids are… I suggested we have a good old chill boys night and CAN YOU GUESS WHAT HE SAID? No, you don’t have to guess because I’m going to tell you- of course he said he wants to watch soccer and eat burgers, he is just smart like that but beer??? Jess, he said he wants beer! Of course, don’t worry, I said no we can’t do that, you’re still too young but the audacity of this boy-” ”BLLLALMAL.” ”DID YOU HEAR THAT? He’s trying to take the phone from me and convince you he’s old enough to drink! Listen, listen…” Putting his phone on speakerphone he now completely shifted his attention to little Aidan. ”Tell mommy what you told me, cmon, don’t be afraid now.” ”Bmbmaa.” ”DID YOU hear that Jess?! Now he says I’m lying!”

@benitz786
just good old times

3 Likes

Alt Universe: If Skye died before the reunion

To say he felt better after getting that sleep would understate how he still felt. He was still exhausted. Even a day’s worth of sleep wasn’t enough. He’d hardly been sleeping for weeks, which only made the darkness in his head stronger. His gaze met Jess as she asked how he slept. ”Fine, I guess.” Truthfully, he didn’t remember the last time he slept that long or that deeply, but not much could seem more than just fine in his mind.

Then, as Jess began to move some papers aside, Kai looked around the room. Apparently Jess had been shopping while he was asleep. Baby stuff, diapers, formula. All stuff that he didn’t have for Scarlet, or would’ve been out of within another day. But there was no sign of Scarlet. Though, Jess must’ve been able to guess that she was what he was looking for, as she then said that Scarlet was asleep in Jess’s room. He gave a slight nod, before walking over to Jess’s bedroom, quietly opening the door just enough to where he could see her and hopefully not disturb her.

He didn’t know how long he had been standing there, looking at his baby girl peacefully asleep, but his attention was finally pulled away by Jess. “I know you want to keep watching her Kai, you need to eat.” He was hesitant. He wanted to stay with her, take in every moment like it’s the last memory he’ll have of her. However, the look on Jess’s face said she wasn’t taking no for an answer, so he carefully closed the bedroom door again and followed her to the table where she had set food out. He didn’t deserve all of this. Her taking care of him, taking care of his daughter for him. He still didn’t fully understand why she let him in and didn’t kick him out in the first place.

He touched the fork, but made no further movement to actually eat the food in front of him. He had hardly eaten anything the day before. It had certainly been a full day at least since he had eaten, but he had no desire to actually eat. He knew he was supposed to eat, and Jess knew he needed to eat, so she eventually stated, “For every bite, I’ll let you ask me a question about me and your daughter adventure today… and bloody trust me we got into some trouble together. She had the hardest time choosing if she liked the pink sundress or the orange one.”

Kai gave a weak attempt at a smile to Jess’s lighthearted comment about her and Scarlet getting into trouble and that Scarlet couldn’t pick between pink and orange. ”Why did you do, and get, so much for her?” he asked, referring to the amount of baby things newly scattered throughout the apartment. Diapers, formula, maybe even a couple changes of outfits, that made sense. Kai didn’t bring much with him for her, just enough for a couple days, and a single bottle that he had to clean out every time he fed her. But this was far more than that.

He watched Jess respond with no more than a smile, taking a bite of her own food as she looked at his. He hadn’t touched it yet. He didn’t necessarily want to, but he slowly began to take a bite.

“Well darling - I started with the basic necessities. And then, as I was getting some diapers, I saw some more cute stuff and I couldn’t help myself”

“How was she? Out, or just, while I was asleep?”

“Well, she’s a baby. So I can’t blame her if she wanted to be fussy all the time. Personally, I’d be kinda annoyed too if I was trying to tell people I was hungry and eveeerrryyy one was just like Oh my god, you’re so cute . But to answer your question; it depended on the time of day. She was usually pretty good… well… except that one time…”

“What one time?”

“Oh nothing, this older grandmother wanted to hold her and I triiiieeeed to warn her that I just fed the baby, and bam, out came some of the milk alllll over that woman’s dress. Though technically. I’m pretty bloody sure someone was also going to call the cops on me at one point but that’s for a whole different reason… oh well.”

“The cops? Why?”

“Oh you know me. I always get myself into binds - this time it was because I didn’t know your daughter’s name and ohhhh was that a bloody mess because I’m 1. not her mom, and 2. not her nanny. You see the conundrum. It’s okay, I didn’t get kicked out. I chose to leave”

”Jess…”

“Hey, I call that partially your fault. You never told me her name and I can only call her “Nugget” for so long. Or “Rolls” because… well I mean you’ve seen them, she has the most adorable rolls.”

“Oh…” he paused before finally telling Jess his daughter’s name. “Scarlet. Her name is Scarlet… just… just like her mom wanted…”

“Tell me about her. Scarlet’s mom.”

“She… she was one of the best people I’ve ever known… my best friend … she was kind, sure of herself but shy, and… her nose would crinkle when she was upset… just like Scarlet…”

“So that’s where scarlet gets her nose crinkle huh? I knew she had your eyes anddd. But that temper of hers and the nose - had to be someone else’s.”

“From her mom…” he said, before adding in a quiet tone, nearly a whisper, “she… she would’ve loved Scarlet…”

His mind was beginning to spiral again, part of him trying to not break down. What was even the point? All he could do was put his head in his hands, with his elbows resting on the table, barely registering his barely touched plate of food. It could’ve been seconds for all Kai knew, but after a few moments, Jess spoke up again.

Come on now - you don’t want to know about the rest of me and Scarlet’s adventure? We did a lot. You don’t even know about the little boy baby in love with her.

”What all happened? Just… tell me everything…” he said, finally looking back towards her.

”Oh love, that’s not how this game works. If you want me to tell you everything, then you finish your entire plate. If you want to ask me one question at a time. that’ll be a bite. So come on, back to eating we go.”

@benitz786 - Jess (aka the girl trying to get Kai to eat)

2 Likes