(1x1) Sage's Adventure

Sage Fletcher is the “hero” of the story and is hired to basically stop an impending war, not that they know this… yet. Sage is a hired-adventurer, known only for the tasks they do and not for who they were before this chosen career path. They soon receive this “mission” or “quest” and undergo many challenges in order to complete it. Something is missing or was it stolen and they have to get in back in time before war breaks out. @Tina.G chooses the path for Sage, as well as their weapon, clothing, and even how they interact and battle. Will they be successful or die trying?

Tina’s character, Sage’s FC!

Additional info:

Skill, Stamina, Luck

You will give a score for each one, but they change constantly during the adventure. However, totals may never exceed your initial scores, except on rare occasions.

Skill
This score reflects how well you can fight and use a weapon. This is the only score that can stay relatively unaffected.

Stamina
This score reflects your well-being, your determination and overall fitness. When a stamina score reaches zero, the result is death.

Luck
This score reflects how lucky you are. You can use luck at various times. In battle or in other situations, but be aware that you can be lucky or unlucky. If you are lucky, great, but if you are unlucky then the results can disastrous. When using luck in battles, you can use it to inflict a more serious wound on the creature you have wounded or to minimise the effects of a wound inflicted on you.

I will be making sure luck fair when you use it and be rolling dice to determine the outcome. If you have a higher luck score, the higher your chance to be lucky! Though each time you test your luck, you will subtract on point from your score.

Battles

You will often come across creatures on your travels. Some may be friendly and others may not. At times, you may be given the option of either being sneaky or to flee. Although, if not, or if you choose not to, you will battle the creature.

During a battle, you will be given the creature’s stamina and skill score. Depending on your attacks, movement, and other choices, will depend on the damage you cause and how much is caused to you. Getting damaged will make your stamina (and possibly skill) level to decrease, meaning you will be weaker in the battle unless you manage to restore it. You may have to fight more than one monster at a time, but you will be told how to deal with it when it happens.

If you decide to flee during a battle, then it should be noted that the creature automatically gets one wound on you.

Equipment & Potions

You will start with the bare minimum of equipment, but you can find or buy more during your travels. You are armed with two weapons of choice and your own choice of dress. You will have a backpack for your Provisions and any treasures you come across.

In addition, you may take one bottle of magic potion to help aid you in your quest. These can be taken at any time during the quest, except when engaged in battle. Each potion may only be used once.

Here are the choices:
A potion of skill - restores your skill points
A potion of strength - restores your stamina points
A potion of fortune - restores your luck points and adds one to your initial score.

This thread is only for @Tina.G and I to continue the story, but if you want to comment on it if you read along, that’s cool, just please blur or hide it on the thread.
Though if you want to be part one with your own character then feel free to sign-up here.

10 Likes

Sage lived in a small cottage on the edge of a humble little town. The town wasn’t really known for routine mail delivery, although, that didn’t seem to inhibit Sage’s job. Word still got to them when their skills were needed and yesterday was no different. A neon post-it note stuck to the outside of their kitchen window with the words “6am. Black Sedan. Pack.”

Now it was morning, just before six, and Sage needed to pack a backpack that wasn’t too heavy on their pack. Of course, their weapons, they carried, along with the clothing they were wearing. But what goes inside their pack?

• One change of clothes
  • Some kind of bottled drink
  • 5 items of food
  • Potion of skill
  • Something that can be used a blanket (a blanket is fine)
  • And two smaller items of Sage’s choosing

Once Sage (and @Littlefeets) chooses what to put in their pack, they must go out to the waiting car.

9 Likes

Sage wore something light to travel in as they packed themself a bag. First a change of clothes, something a bit more protective. From there, they grabbed a light but warm blanket, a bottle of water, and the potion of skill that they had for safe measure. Then for food they grabbed a bag of jerky, dried apple slices, a can of beans, a granola bar, and a bag of mixed nuts. A variety of things that could last them a while. Finally Sage made sure they had their set of lock picking tools and a small sewing kit, just in case.
It took Sage a mere few minutes to gather their supplies, so they sat at their kitchen table admiring a sparkling ring they had “found” on their most recent assignment while they awaited the black sedan that was supposed to pick them up. They looked up from the ring, and to the clock that had just struck the six, as they heard the vehicle pull up in front of the cottage. They quickly stood up, placing the ring into a small box at the back of the cabinet, one of the many locations they had for hiding the goods they had collected during their various assignments. Certain of the hidden nature of their belongings, Sage placed their pack on their back and ensured the status of their knives, before grabbing their crossbow and heading out the door of the cottage and to the car

2 Likes

The back door opened automatically as Sage approached it. Inside the car’s backseat (area) was clean and the well-heated, which was nice on this crisp morning. There was a darkened divider between the front and back seats, which obscured any view of the driver from her eye. The centre armrest was down and on it sat an inviting mug of steaming hot cocoa topped with marshmallows.

Hey @Littlefeets, please remember this and the group one with Chid?! (wink)

2 Likes

Sage peeked in, then climbed in after them, closing the door behind them. They placed their pack on the ground between their thighs, resting their shoulders on the clean Sedan’s back. They inspected the rest of the car after squinting their eyes at the dark barrier. Sage snaked there hand around the warm mug in the cup holder beside them. They lifted it to there nose, to smell it. They pondered drinking it, but ultimately chose to use it as a hand warmer, at least for now.

I hope this was alright :laughing:

1 Like

The darkened divider lightened and cleared a little, and through it Sage would be about to see the driver’s gloved finger moving away from a button. Moving the hand from it to the driver’s own mug, they lifted it to the rearview mirror to cheers Sage and sipped from the steaming mug.

1 Like

Sage cautioned themselves as the pique window cleared slightly. They watched the driver, drinking in there moves -rather than the coco- and nodded as the driver did a “cheers” like motion. They also took a tiny sip, hoping if anything was slipped into the drink, it wouldn’t be enough to do anything to them but build up there immune system a little. They cleared there throat, not exactly thrilled about asking questions. “Estimate?” Sage inquired, letting them interpret as they would.

1 Like

The driver said nothing in response to her questions, at least not that she heard. As once the liquid touched her tongue, she felt a little light-headed and had to put the cup back down before she dropped it. Sage blinked slowly. Her eyelids were heavier and her vision was blurred. All in ten seconds. Just ten seconds and her head rolled back on the seat; Sage wasn’t conscious.

When Sage awoke, the car was stationary and her bag was now seated on the opposite side of her. She was in a different car, which was nothing unusual. The sun was beaming down from above, it can’t have been much after 10am. The car was parked on a range of hills that half-circled a forest valley. Not 40 metres away, downhill, was an overgrown dirt path into the trees.

1 Like

Sage blinked slowly, each time finding it more difficult to open therer eyes. Sage’s body didn’t even have control over itself; it went straight to putting the cup down on autopilot. Their eyes betrayed them as the world got hazy. Cursed damned worl-

Sage was teasingly awakened by the sun beams shining through the windows. Sage massaged their eyes and scanned their surroundings. They snatched up their bag and immediately searched it to ensure that nothing had been taken. Everything seemed to have been left alone. They snatched the door handle and yanked it open, allowing a cool, crisp breeze to wash over them. It ached a little, giving their head discomfort a little more oomph, but it also freed them of sweat they hadn’t noticed on their forehead. Sage cautiously traveled down the tiny hill, looking out for dew on the ground.

They surveyed around the trees, near the trunks to the tops. Then headed down. Birds sang and flew, delighted to be awake, while Sage bemoaned their regular metabolic rate. They came to a halt as they continued, persuaded that it didn’t matter if they had a slow or quick metabolism at the moment. Not to catch there breathe. Not to tie there shoe. Not for the view. Nor for the sake of the vista. The birds, on the other hand, had ceased singing their happy songs. Sage retreated to the tree, hoping to blend in somewhat for lookout… If if everything was fine and they were just being paranoid.

eheh I didn’t know what to do next :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sage reached the path, but before she entered the forest, the driver wound down the window. Out of it, the driver threw an envelope out. It landed on the ground, back at the top of the hill, and the driver gave a shrill whistle (to get Sage’s attention) before winding the window back up. Then the car drove off. The envelope was weighted with a small rock. Along with the rock was a typed letter.

The letter:

Dear Sage,

Here is another task for you to undertake. Apologies for the secrecy in getting to this location, the inhabitants of this valley aren’t too keen on newcomers, so precautions were made. By now, we have become aware of just how far your expertise ranges. We know that the following task will not be difficult for someone of your talents.
Your aim is to stop an impending war between the Pixies and the Púcas. The Pixie prince has been taken by the Púca, and if he is not returned within THREE DAYS, then war will break out. War will be more devastating to this land than the last time, and no one wants that. So we’ve arranged with them to prolong the attack for three days. So make sure you can return the boy before the dawn of day four.
As per normal, your payment will be paid out and waiting for you after the task is complete.

Good Luck.

@Tina.G - Sage

1 Like

The driver whistled at me, adding an insult to injury to the already brutally cold crispy air. He could have done it sooner and saved me the trouble of having to walk down here. Looking up to him as he was already driving away, I noticed the note on the still damp grass. Of course I marched up, and brushed off the small rock over the envelope.

“Good Luck.”? Do they wish me luck? What the h°ll, good luck?! I need to put an end to some fairy warfare? And what about Púcas? I bit my lower lip in an attempt to concentrate. Three days, then. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not a bad deadline, but for something like this? “I’d say it’s a little delicate.” I mumbled aloud.
He continued on away, always looking over my shoulders, and always watching my footsteps. As I rounded the bend in the path, the sun peeked out, smiling at me.

@CrazyCaliope I hope it’s okay I switched Sage to first person, and sorry for the long wait :sweat_smile: BUT OHMIGOSH THIS IS EXCITING! AWWW I can’t wait!

1 Like

Still frustrated at the driver, Sage headed downhill toward the path. As they reached the trees, they removed their knives attached to their belt, striking the first vine in front of them. Thick with vines, branches, and overgrown foliage that made it hard to follow the dirt path. Hacking away with their knives, attempting to clear the way. Fortunately for Sage, they were careful enough for their hands not to be ripped to shreds, nor were they tripped by any roots underfoot.

After about 30 minutes, the vines and branches thinned and it was easier to push their way through. The path turned left ahead, and when Sage reached it, they noticed something they hadn’t seen until they were about to turn. Not something, but someone, sitting on a fallen tree trunk on the other side of the path’s corner.
A man, with dark skin that was made darker by the shadows of the trees. He had mid-length dreads that were well-kept for someone sitting in the forest. He wore leather, head to toe, and flashed Sage a smile. “Hello, fair traveller.”

1 Like

Hello, fair traveller.” Sage lowered their knife to their thigh as not to seem so menacing, but continued to hold their slight ‘trudge through the forest’ stance. “Hello,” They casually greeted, tone light. Standing up a little straighter, they continued. “The forest is quite lovely today, no?”

@CrazyCaliope ~ sorry it’s been a year… I lowkey kinda forgot about this one until last night when you said you ur busy and forgot about that other thread. If u don’t wanna continue/ don’t have time no worries, I’ve been just dying to right something lol

1 Like

Man in Forest

The man didn’t seem bothered in the slightest by Sage still holding their knife. It was as if they posed no threat to the man whatsoever. When Sage kindly spoke of the forest, the man simply nodded kindly in return and spoke with a rough voice but soothing tone, “It is almost like normal, but I do wonder what brings you to it?”

HAHA. No worries at all. I get you, and I have no problem at all continuing this. I’d love to.

1 Like

It is almost like normal, but I do wonder what brings you to it?” Sage nodded as the stranger did, “I hope I haven’t disturbed it too much.” Sage said short and sweet. Honestly was the easiest way to keep your head on, but good thing Sage was a pro at everything complicated they found themselves in. “Helping out some friends. Anything less then normal than me around lately?”

@CrazyCaliope ~ thank you!!

1 Like

Man in Forest

The man chuckled in good humour to Sage’s worried comment. “No, No. The only disturbance is to my curiosity, as I wonder what brings you here.” When Sage answered at why they had come, he nodded as if he were believing their every word. “Ah, yes, a good friend you are.” He paused a moment. “But of what kind are your friends, as you may need to be careful of who you speak this to?”

(wink)

1 Like

Ah, yes, a good friend you are.” The man paused a moment. “But of what kind are your friends, as you may need to be careful of who you speak this to?” Sages toes curled in their boot. “Are you such a person I should not speak this to?” Well, to Sage it seemed they were on the pixie side as of now, but soon enough would make “friends” of the Púcas. Sage scanned the man to check for any animal like features, they vaguely remembered púcus being able to shapeshift. But could they do humans or just animals? Sage composed themself, with the sweetest smile. “I suppose I should make my way. Is there anyone I should be weary of?” They asked, blinking innocently as they gripped their knife.