Forum Games to check out if you're new to the forum games section ✨

Are you new to the forum games section and overwhelmed by the amount of games we have? This thread is to help you find fun and easy games and to help you get more familiar with the forum games section. Please note that these are only my recommendations, so feel free to add games you’d suggest others to check out. :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:
I’ve tried to divide the forum games into different categories to make it easier to find something you like :eyes::sparkles:
So let’s start:

Counting games

As you might have noticed, we have many games with the #count tag attached to them. These games all have a simple goal: you have to count up (or down) to a certain number. You can tap on the tag to view the full list of counting games. The easiest one of these is Count to 2021 before 2021 since you have an almost unlimited amount of time to reach the goal, but if you like a little challenge, you should check out Count to 50 before a staff member posts I’m totally not recommending this one so I can interrupt your attempts at reaching the goal :eyes::eyes::green_heart:

A-Z games

We have many games that are related to the alphabet on the forums. Usually they require you to find a word staring with a certain letter. Some examples are Let’s Talk in The ABC Order :smirk: and A-Z Forum Usernames. Make sure to check out the #alphabet tag for more such games :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

“Spamming” games

Many games here are focused on reaching a high number of replies, some of them have a certain post number goal (Let’s Get to 1,000,000 Replies!), while others are fun competitions ( The Last Post Wins!). Spamming games are great opportunities to make friends and have fun, since most of the time, you end up meeting new people and having friendly or funny conversations, so I’d recommend you to check them out. :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

Tagging games

As you’ll most likely quickly notice, there are certain games where you have to tag other users. Those are great because they’re usually quite active because tagging leads to more attention and thread views. Just make sure that the person you’re tagging is okay with being tagged, as some people may see it as annoying.
An example of a typical tagging game is Who Posts Next? :eyes::sparkles:

Creativity games

Are you a creative person who likes to come up with cool stuff? Then this section is definitely for you! The games here require some creativity and are usually fun to read or scroll through. Some great examples of these games are Destructive Minds Forum Game ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_, Continue The Ghost Story :ghost:, Art prompt game! and The Cliche Machine!.
These games usually have different requirements, so make sure to read the rules carefully before replying so you won’t mess something up :eyes::sparkles:

“Personal” games

Some games here are really great to get to know other community members better by finding out new facts about them. These games can help you find new friends whose interests are similar to yours. Just make sure to not make fun of other people’s interests and lifestyles!
The game structures of these games can vary a lot. Some of them require you to post a poll (2 Truths and a Lie), while others just require you to guess something about another user (The Person Below You!). Another example is the Find the Knife game (as suggested by @/Danielle318). Just read the OP’s post to find out how exactly a game works :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

This or that/opinion based games

There are many variations of This or That on the forums. They all have one thing in common: you have to pick something based on your opinion or give your opinion on something. Some other examples are Yum :yum: or Yuck :nauseated_face:! or Would you Rather?. :eyes::sparkles::green_heart::smiley_cat:

Party(?) games

Of course we also have games that are popular at parties here (or at least I think that they’re popular, I haven’t been to a party for a while). Make sure to check out TRUTH OR DARE! (Game), Kiss kill marry and Never Have I Ever [GAME] :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

Music, book and TV related games

Since most forumers have many interests outside of the forums, we also have games that are focused on those. Some examples are :books: Books: Read, Unread, or Currently Reading?, Finish the Lyric! [GAME!] and Guess the movie by the emojis. :eyes::sparkles:

Emoji related games

Some games require you to use emojis, some of them for expressing yourself, others for different purposes. Some examples for emoji related games are Rate the emojis game and Speak in emoji game :eyes:. :eyes::sparkles::green_heart::smiley_cat:

Events in the forum games section

We have many different competitions or events in the forum games section which happen weekly, monthly or every two weeks, here’s a small list of them, but since it’s already late, I could be missing some of them :sweat_smile::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:
(I’ll be linking the most recent version if I can find it, so if it’s already over, just try searching for the title for the next one)

The 20th Interactive Story Event :open_book: :writing_hand:: vote on polls to influence the story
• make sure to join the @/StoryEvent tag to get notified about this :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

Weekly emoji contest ~ 6/29/20: Create an emoji pattern to possibly win the emoji contest badge :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:
• make sure to join the @/EmojiContest tag to keep updated on this. :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

Poll battle - 29/6/20 :eyes::sparkles::tada:: Create the best polls to possibly win the poll battle badge :eyes::sparkles:
• make sure to join the @/PollBattle tag to keep updated on this. :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:
You can find previous threads of the poll battle by looking through the threads with the #poll-battle tag :eyes::sparkles::green_heart::smile_cat:

The most frequent poster wins (7) :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:: create the most posts on this thread to win the activity champion badge. :eyes::sparkles:
• make sure to join the @/Activity tag to keep updated on this :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:
You can find previous threads of this by looking through the threads with the #activity-champion tag :eyes::sparkles::green_heart::smile_cat:

Questions Thread Signup: be the question star for a week or ask other users questions. A great way to get to know a user better. :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:
• make sure to join the @/QuestionsThread tag for a chance to get selected and to get tagged whenever a new question thread gets created. :eyes::sparkles:
You can find previous threads of this by looking through the threads with the #question-thread tag :eyes::sparkles::green_heart::smile_cat:

Make a meme contest: Create the best memes to win the contest :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:
• make sure to join the @/MemeLords tag to keep informed about this :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

So those are all my recommendations so far, feel free to add anything I forgot and thanks for reading! I hope this was helpful :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

(Edits:
6/7/20: updated the events list with the newest event threads
14/7/20: added a game, will add a new section tomorrow)

23 Likes

You’re a legend

4 Likes

:pleading_face::green_heart:

4 Likes

Amazing.

3 Likes

Agree! Absolutely awesome! :dizzy:

3 Likes

Thank youuuu legend :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

That’s a very useful thread, duckling, bookmarking :+1:

Now excuse me i have some games threads to check out :laughing:

1 Like

Someone should pin this!

Bumo!

@Duckling could you maybe put in Find the Knife [GAME, OPEN] - GAME 2 SIGNUPS and GAME: Flicker (Going to put new roles time by time.)? I know a lot of peoplle love these games!

1 Like

Sure, which category do you think would the find the knife game fit into? :eyes::eyes::green_heart:
Should I add more categories?

(I’ll do it because I’m just checking through my notifs and going to sleep rn :eyes::eyes::green_heart:)

1 Like

Maybe ‘personal’ for FTK.

1 Like

@Duckling this is why we need forum parties :pleading_face:

1 Like

I totally didn’t forget to add the new category I wanted to add
And I’m totally not too lazy to do it now :eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

tmfpw8

2 Likes

8 minutes left, I always post it at 21:30 or 22:30 :eyes::eyes:

2 Likes