Bridgerton | Official RP Thread

AbigailBrantley

As Abigail first entered the room she saw two of her friends already in her room, first she saw her cousin Louisa keeping to herself near the food supply, and her best friend Bridget close enough. She didn’t know if she should approach her best friend or her cousin first, since she wanted to always greet Bridget first but now she felt leaving her cousin to eat the food would prompt her aunt Clotilde to be angry with her. In order to help her cousin do as little as possible to please her mother, withouth pushing her out of her comfort zone which would mean pushing her into arms of unsuspecting gentlemen, she thought it would be a great idea to at least have Louisa converse with a few people knowing dancing is out of the option for her.

In that second Abigail started walking towards Bridget, in the middle of her strut she took her sister’s hand almost forecefully taking her along with her. “Cousin, your mother is displeased, but not to worry, I have a friend of mine who you could introduce yourself to in order to look better in your mother’s eyes and you might not have to be pushed to dance with somebody.” Abigail stopped in front of Bridget, knowing that despite her lack of sight Bridget already knew she was there becuase of her lavander scented soap, starting to speak
"Dear cousin, this is a very good friend of mine, Lady Beckham. Bridget I would like you to meet my cousin. She is an uprising businesswoman, or at least that’s how I view her.

@Bluecookies - Bridget
@Ouijaloveletters - Louisa

7 Likes

|928px;x371px;

Baylor had been up in Scotland for an investment over bigger parts for the off season, otherwise most of his time was spent preparing his sister for her debut in society. The way she had presented herself to the Queen so nervously, it had disappointed Baylor to some extent. While he would have liked her to have been the diamond, that did not matter most. He main worry was how this somewhat failed introduction in society would affect her changes. He knew he needed to see to her at least getting some attention from the gentlemen at the grand opening ball. In this moment however, he could not wait to speak to Lady Dorothea Addington. It had been weeks since they had last spoken, due to happenings and his other occupations. He always enjoyed spending time with her however, and he was looking forward to doing more of that over the course of the season, as he was now less distracted by everything else.
As soon as Baylor noticed her, he walked over and greeted her with a nod and words: “Lady Dorothea, it has been quite some time.” He noticed the stunning dress she was wearing as he gave a genuine smile. “Your choice of attire is exquisite this day, it complements your beauty wonderfully.” Baylor hoped giving a small compliment, would be something she liked to hear and boost her confidence for the ball. "I hope you and your family have been in good health and high spirits?” Usually these type of questions were mere formality, but Baylor had a genuine curiosity for the well-being of Dorothea’s parents, for he had often spoken to them and spent time with Dorothea in the Addington estate. More importantly however, he cared about Dorothea’s health and spirits.

@CerealKiller ~ Dorothea
@Littlefeets ~ Maisie mentioned

9 Likes

Emma Wycliff

(Banner in progress)

Emma watched as countless of girls were introduced to the Queen, how they all curtsied and presented themselves. Compared to how everyone else was dressed, she felt severly underdressed in her long, red, velvet dress.

Emma watched as the queen quickly exited and her stomach just dropped. Did she do something wrong? There were only a few girls left to introduce, her being one of them. For a second she considered introducing herself to the queen, but before she could even fully consider that, she was hustled into another room and another red dress was slid on her, a selection she had made a week prior since she felt she looked the most elegant wearing a red dress as it contrasted nicely with her skin and blonde hair.

Every second Emma was doing something. She barely got a chance to even see Edmund before she was brought into the ballroom filled with elegantly dressed women and men. Emma tried to stay with Emma, just so she could have some comfort amongst this party of confusion, but he was quickly swept away into the crowd.

Emma tried to walk around, to find some sort of space to just catch her breath for even a second in the buzzing ballroom. A servant walked past her and Emma took a step back, accidentally stepping on her dress and bumping into a person behind her. She turned around, her face extremely red with embarrassment.

“Pardon me, my Lord I-” Emma began, trying her best to regain her composure. Then the person she had bumped into turned around, and Emma’s face went even redder as she recognized who she had bumped into…Prince Magnus. “Your Majesty!” She gasped, fumbling into a courtsey in front of him.

“I’ll get out of your way right this instance!” How does one apologize to the Prince for calling him a lord, or for bumping into him no less?!

@CrazyCaliope - Prince Magnus
@Littlefeets - Edmund (mentioned)

8 Likes

╰┈➤ ◈━◈━◈━◈━◈𓆩♡𓆪◈━◈━◈━◈━◈𓆩♡𓆪◈━◈━◈━◈━◈◈━◈━◈━◈━◈𓆩♡𓆪

London boy

He stared at her for a long time awaiting her response, and the smile on his face never leaving. She was pleasing to the eye as she usually was, she wore a dark green gown- That was her family color was it not? Yes, he had heard so though he did not hear much about the Ellis due to his mother’s harsh opinions on them and their family life. Too restrictive, too boring and their hypocrisy knows no bounds. Stay away from such vile family, his mother would say but Harrison, Harrison was not known for being a good obedient boy. He was responsible yes, but he was anything but obedient. Sometimes, it seemed that whenever he went, a scandal will follow and rumors will come, no matter how far of or close they were and at the end of it all, Harrison always managed to remain discreet, mysterious. Most people did not really know him, and he liked it that way, he liked the appeal of not being known, and liked hearing others opinions on him.

Harrison would always say, his reputation was as fast as light, it precedes him. It gave him stories, tales, though and he loved to hear the tales people make up about him. The myths, it made him seem like a novel character, fictional and non exist, can be portrayed in any way possible that pleases the eyes or does not. But all Harrison hoped, was that a little part of his real self as a reputation always remained, that he was a lover of the arts, of beauty, and he was not a cruel man. He was various of things, he agreed, perhaps a little bit mean- he was not a saint after all and never pretended to be, a man whose boldness knows no bounds, but cruel? He was not cruel? At least he hoped he was not. But maybe breaking hearts was considered cruel, though he did not do that with much intention, most of the time.

He did not like cruel people nor did he like to be cruel, so when Lady Aurelia had pretended she did know him, the smile in Harrison smile faltered for a moment, before it return. Aaah, she jested. Lady Aurelia liked to jest, she was simmply teasing him as he teased Lady Adeline, how cruel of her! Harrison jokingly thought. “You jest a lot my lady, but I do think we need to be more
serious, as this situation is serious”
He leaned down to whisper, “They miss you, they are asking when you shall be back.” He said, before standing straight as he looked all over the place. “People are beginning to look our way, Lady Ellis, so then shall we dance before we cause another scandal?” He had the confident smile he always had, forwarding a hand towards her for her to take. His eyes never left her’s as short and tiny as she was- and Harrison always found her height amusing, compared to his height that was often called godly or titanic, her height was that of a small pocket statue.

orp: @benitz786 -Aurelia

6 Likes

As Dorothea stepped into the brightly lit ballroom, her body began to stiffen, with the sudden flashback to her debut. Her previous (and first) season had been a remarkable success for the most part, or at least until a certain point.
Being called as the diamond of her season by no other than the Queen herself, the probabilities were infinite, but after dismissing the many suitors that came to court her, for the sake of marrying the son of her family friends of many years, James, who she had grown up as good friends. After all, it is known that if one wants to marry for love, they should marry their best friend. But life in fact wasn’t too supportive that the idea, and where was she now, standing in the middle of a ballroom, full of all the eligible suitors and debutants of the ton. This season was going to be dreadful.

If it was up to her, she wouldn’t have to endure this dreadful process again and drain herself in order of finding a husband, to fulfill her duty and continue the bloodline. And as an only child it was even harder, the entirety of the responsibility for the future generation rested solely on her shoulders. If it was her decision, she would wait a few years, live a little, study, travel, explore, but alas, she was a woman, so that wasn’t exactly in store for her.

Her attention was soon shifted at the presence of her friend Lord Baylor Rutherfeld, wearing a dark midnight blue suit that accentuated his better features ”Lord Baylor” she smiled gracefully as he came to greet her, nodding back in his direction. ”My choice of attire is usually rather adequate, or at least so I have been told” she responded with a graceful witty manner to her voice. ”But thank you for your kind words” she nodded as a light smile curled on her lips.

”my family is quite pleased, you know my mother adores balls and the opening ball might be one of her top three favorites at least, she had been expecting it for weeks now She added, glancing around until she spotted her mother, socializing and conversing with the rest of the thirsty mamas, observing the debutants and gossiping on the latest issue of Lady whistledown’s paper. ”have you noticed any potential prospects in this… oh so lovely ballroom? ” she asked, with a hint of sarcasm at the latter part. ”or maybe in Scotland?” she raised her brow playfully ”The Scottish charm… With that being said, how was Scotland? I want all the best of stories” she proceeded with a smile, genuinely curious about his recent trips

@Jass

7 Likes

Adeline Grace DelaneyAtlas Hayes Delaney

'Why, she was amazing; you should have seen it…’ ‘I mean, it is no surprise she is the diamond…’ ‘All eyes on her…’ ‘I’m sure Lord Delaney is proud…’

Adeline’s room was filled with maids, helping her get ready for the queen’s ball tonight. As much as Adeline loved their company, she was still trying to process the events of the hours before. Of course, she was excited to have been chosen as the queen’s diamond this year. This was her longtime dream; it was all she had worked for since she was of age, but now all she could think about was that everyone would be watching her every move tonight and for the rest of the season. With all these thoughts in her head, she started to feel a mix of nerves and anticipation building up inside her, and she began to silently panic before a soft voice that seemed to always calm her down and that she knew she needed most at that moment brought her back to reality. “My dear, are you alright?” Her mother, Amelia, said as she approached her and placed both her hands on her daughter’s shoulders. Adeline’s mother had always been a pillar of strength and support for her, and in that moment, her presence was a soothing balm for her anxious heart. “You look pale; do you perhaps need a moment-” Before she could even finish the question, she had made the decision to send away all the lady maids, leaving just the two of them alone in the room. “You know you can confide in me. I know all of this can be overwhelming, but it will be okay. Just remember, you have waited for this ever since you were a little girl.” Amelia said with a warm smile as she tried to reassure Adeline.“I promise I am okay, mother; it is just the nerves and excitement of today,” Adeline said, removing her mother’s hands from her shoulders and settling into her vanity chair. Adeline smiled at herself in the vanity mirror; she was also excited because she knew she would be dancing with someone she had been looking forward to dancing with tonight. She just knew tonight would be the beginning of something beautiful.“I must finish getting ready or else we will be late to the ball, and we cannot afford to make unfavorable impressions so early, dear mother.” Adeline exclaimed as she adorned herself with a delicate necklace that sparkled in the soft light of the room. She carefully adjusted her hair, ensuring every strand was perfectly in place. “Oh yes, we mustn’t be late!” Amelia said as she quickly rushed to her daughter’s side to help her finish getting ready, her mother stopped for a moment again as she quietly admired her daughter. “You are a gem, Adeline; you shall not worry about tonight as I am sure you will have lots of suitors waiting for you,” Amelia said as she touched up Adeline’s hair one last time.“Thank you, mother.” Adeline quietly said as she smiled at her mother through the reflection in the mirror, and that is when she noticed a tall figure standing at her bedroom door, watching the scene between her and her.

Atlas paced back and forth in his bedroom; he was dreading this day. He hardly wanted to get ready, but he had the constant reminder of his mother and father saying that he must be ready at once and not make Adeline late. He rolled his eyes in frustration, feeling the weight of their expectations on his shoulders, especially now that his dear little sister had been chosen as the diamond of the season. Despite his reluctance, he knew he had to keep his family’s name and reputation intact and reluctantly began to put on his suit. He sat for a moment before he heard footsteps approaching his room. “Are you ready, Atlas? We mustn’t be late!” He could hear his father’s, Eugene’s, loud voice approaching his bedroom. Atlas quickly stood up, and as he heard a knock on his door, he went to open it, revealing a forced smile as he saw his father. “Hello, father, come in.” Atlas opened the door wider to allow his father to enter the room. As Eugene stepped into the room, Atlas couldn’t help but notice the stern expression on his father’s face. He knew that this event was of utmost importance to their family, and he had no choice but to put on a facade of enthusiasm. “I apologize; your mother was hurrying me because she wanted me to check on you. You know how she gets about these things.” Eugene said as he fixed his suit in front of the mirror in front of him. He then turned to look at his son, who just stood there, not saying much. Atlas always thought he could hide whenever he felt upset or mad from his father, but Eugene had always been perceptive and could easily see through his son’s attempts at hiding his emotions. He approached Atlas with a gentle smile and said, “Son, I understand that you may not be thrilled about attending this event, but try to make light of it. Besides, aren’t you excited to meet a special lady tonight?” He teased, “Or perhaps Belle has finally crawled into that little heart of yours?” Atlas blushed at his father’s teasing but couldn’t help but smile. He had known Belle since they were both young children, and Atlas had always been struck by how unique and beautiful she was. Since they shared so many interests, it would make sense for them to be together. However, Atlas was aware of Belle’s feelings towards love and marriage, and so he shook his head and chuckled, saying, “Father, Belle, and I have always been great friends. It would feel odd to think of her in any other way.” Eugene nodded with understanding.“Okay, if not Belle, what do you say of Lady Lydia? Do you really believe I haven’t observed how tense you become when she is close by?” Atlas’s smile faded slightly as he considered his father’s words. Lydia was like a breath of fresh air; she was stunning, and despite the short amount of time he had spent with her, he feared he felt more than just a friendship with her. Lydia made Atlas feel known; he didn’t have to hide his adventurous or reckless side from her. She embraced his spontaneity and shared his love for exploration, making their time together exhilarating and fulfilling. Atlas couldn’t deny the magnetic pull he felt towards Lydia, and he couldn’t help but wonder if perhaps she felt the same way about him. “Father… we should probably start heading to the ball.” Atlas said clearly avoiding the question.

“Oh, okay, but I must remind you that you are not getting any younger. Perhaps it’s time to start looking for a bride.” His father responded; however, Atlas couldn’t shake off the feeling that settling down wasn’t what he truly desired. He yearned for a life filled with adventure and passion. Without saying another word, he exited his room, going outside to check on their carriage, but stopped as he noticed Adeline’s bedroom door was open. He could hear his mother’s and Adeline’s voices, and he quietly approached her bedroom. He stood at the doorway and just observed the two of them; it had been a while since Atlas and Adeline had a proper conversation. He knew he was at fault for that, and although he did miss the bond they used to have at times, he couldn’t forget about what happened a long time ago. When Atlas saw the queen choose Adeline as her diamond, he couldn’t help but feel proud and happy for her; he knew she deserved that title the most.“Ato?” His thoughts were interrupted when he heard Adeline’s voice say his nickname, which Adeline had given him when they were younger. Atlas cleared his throat as he fixed his composure and made it seem as if he had just walked by. “I-Uh, Father is waiting for us already. He just asked me to relay the message. I’ll be going now.” He quickly said before speeding off, “Ato, wait!” He could hear Adeline calling out to him, but he didn’t stop. Atlas felt a mix of emotions as he continued to walk away: guilt for not staying and talking to Adeline, but also relief for avoiding a potentially awkward conversation.

Finally, they had arrived at the ball. Adeline was filled with nervousness again, but she felt excited at the same time. Atlas helped her get off the carriage and offered his arm to her, and she wondered if he did this because he knew everyone was already starting to see the Delaney family arrive and they had to act as the loving brother and sister. Their mother and father led the way inside, as Adeline and Atlas followed behind. Adeline couldn’t help but take in the vista as they entered the ballroom, and as they moved deeper inside, she started to see prying eyes at every turn. "Just relax."Atlas simply said as he noticed Adeline hold his arm tighter. Adeline looked around more with her eyes, and soon she began to relax as she saw many men and women dancing on the dance floor; it seemed as if they were having a great time. Adeline was soon surprised as her best friend Orpheus suddenly approached her with the same energy that he always had. She was delighted to see him. “Of course, please do find me later!” She told him, but he had already left through the crowd, away from her sight. "That boy, so much energy he has."Atlas said under his breath, which Adeline was able to hear, causing her to silently laugh at her brother’s remark.

When Adeline saw Belle coming toward them, she released Atlas’ arm. She was aware that as soon as Belle came, he would forget about her. Without another word, she walked towards her mother and father and continued to watch as couples danced, waiting for suitors to approach her because, for the time being, all they did was stare at her.

“I’ve missed you too, my dear Belle.” Atlas said as he danced with Belle, he must admit he was caught by surprise as she dragged him to the dance floor since he did not expect to dance much tonight but he could rarely say no to her. At first, dancing with her was enjoyable, but when she inquired as to how he felt about his sister being the ball’s “diamond and fairest lady,” he was taken back. “Belle…” Atlas started to respond, but he hesitated, unsure of how to answer. “It is an honor to be the queen’s diamond; therefore, I believe it is great that she received the honor, and I’m certain whatever happens… Adeline will know what is best for her.” He said not fully answering her question, which he knew she hated, but before she could ask more, he decided to speak first. “How do you feel about tonight? Do you think someone will finally catch your eye and make you fall in love, possibly changing your mind about marriage?”

orp: @Kristi Belle

mentioned:
@novella Lydia
@DandelionKate Orpheus

Adeline is approachable!

7 Likes

Albina just had broken her fast, and was getting ready for the grand opening ball for her second season out in high society in a soft morning dress she had put on in the early morning after a relaxing bath. She had convinced her brother to spend a small fortune at the modiste for her dress for the opening ball. Her fingers ran over smooth fabric of the most elegant dress she had ever witnessed, it was waiting for her, a dress that had been made for her in the richest forest green colours to compliment her perfectly. She wanted to look more than the part, she wanted to look like the definition of exquisite. Today, everything about her needed to be flawless.
She sat down behind her dressing table and practiced her a smile a few times before applying her home-made paste of crushed almonds and milk. This paste, it was the success to Albina’s clear skin, it refreshed and renewed the skin, as well as preventing any breakouts, something she had found herself often prone to before using the paste. She thoroughly massaged it into her skin, mostly around her nose and her cheeks, those places that were the most prone to breakouts. She cleansed the paste off with rosewater. After letting it do its job hydrating her skin for a few minutes, she dried her face with a pink linen cloth by gently patting the product off. Now her skin was healthy and a clean canvas, she started doing her own make-up. While her maid, Eliza, had often asked if she needed assistance with doing her make-up, Albina preferred doing her own. She enjoyed the art of make-up. Most of Albina’s make-up products were personalised and made on request for her by Eliza however, and often contained roses from the family’s garden, for not only did she like the smell of roses, but the colour also worked perfectly for her complexion. She had started with putting on a coat of rice powder using a puff, to even her skin and balance her complexion. Part of which was concealing her freckles, she did enjoy the way they looked on her, but she could not be seen with something as fitting for someone from a lower class, especially not at this first event of the season. A soft rosy rouge followed, carefully blended for Albina did not want it to be too overpowering. She modestly applied some of the green-toned eye paste to harmonize with the dress. As Albina’s naturally barely visible eyebrows were one of her biggest insecurities, they were already shaped to perfection by her made yesterday, all she needed to do now was lightly apply some charcoal to darken and adjust them to her liking, which was perfectly arched and well-defined. Finished with a lip salve made from roses, both for a smooth feeling of the lips and a slight enhancement in colour. Everything about her make-up was meant to enhance her own features while still seeming natural. After the two-hour process, she looked in the mirror, and gave herself a satisfied smile.
She called over her maid, who rushed over to her immediately. “My lady,” Eliza said with a bow “how can I be of assistance?”
“I do believe time has come to tend to my tresses” Albina did not need to say a word more, for her maid started to work at once. Albina enjoyed the feeling of the brush through her hair. Her hair then was dived up into a dozen of different sections, each of which was meticulously braided to perfection by the maid. Braid after braid they would be placed and pinned down, all coming together into one updo. A floral hair accessory was added to complete the look. The maid worked away some final loose strands, while Albina analysed herself in the mirror. Now the biggest struggle would come, the dressing.
“Eliza, I would be most grateful if you could assist me with dressing for the day, please.” Albina said, hating everything about what would be happening. Especially the corset was something Albina had hatred for, she felt extremely restricted in it.
“Most certainly’ Eliza replied, bowing and walking off to collect all the necessities for Albina’s dressing. In the meantime, Albina undressed and put on the first layer of her undergarments, a chemise. A long loose-fitting dress. Then her maid returned with her arms filled with the different layers of petticoats, stockings, gloves, but what Albina was focussed on, was the dreaded corset.
Albina walked over and took the corset from her maid. “Eliza, may I be honest? I truly despise these; they’re dreadfully uncomfortable and make it so difficult to breathe. I understand their necessity, but if you could, please, lace it as loosely as possible today.” She handed it back to Eliza, who had put down everything she was carrying before on a chair. “Of course, Lady Albina. I’ll make it as comfortable as I can while still ensuring it provides the proper support.” Eliza started putting the corset at its right place and lacing it. While it was looser than the average corset, Albina still did not like how it felt. The stockings, petticoats, and the actual dress all went on much smoother, even if Eliza took minutes to close all 50 buttons on the back of the actual dress.
“You are ready Lady Albina” Eliza said. Albina looked into the standing mirror, and she became emotional. This was really it, the season she would be getting married. “I am most grateful for your assistance, Eliza. You are dismissed.” She sat down in silence, 30 minutes past in which she it was solely her and her thoughts. Until her mother knocked on the door, it was time to go.
As soon as she arrived at the first ball of the season alongside her mother, a sense of nostalgia hit her. This was not the first time she was standing here, no, she had had her first ball the year before. Still, it was nothing short of mesmerizing how exquisite the room had been decorated. It was a stunning location for a ball, that was for certain. Chandeliers, lavishly decorations and luxurious seating. Albina quite enjoyed these fancier moments in life, living these experiences. She looked around a little, seeing if there were any familiar faces who she might approach. Before she really had a change however, she heard a male voice she did not recognize say: "Miss Northwick, it’s a delightful surprise to cross paths with you at this gathering.” She turned around and gave a quick bow to the guy as had become an automatism, that often she had been corrected on it. He certainly was a handsome guy, not too much older than she was herself she thought. She liked his curly hair, and his eyes were more than stunning. It was weird however how he knew his name, while she had no clue whoever this individual might be, as of yet.
Before she could speak, he continued talking, slowly but steadily things started to connect. She did know who he was, well, indirectly. She had heard about him.
“Lord Ilyas Keats” she said, with some confidence in her voice, even if it was just an educated guess she made based on what she had heard and observed. “I presume, my Lord, that you had intended to converse with my sister instead of myself. However, due to your past actions, I must regretfully inform you that my sister shall not be gracing this evening’s gathering or any other social occasion of the season. You bear the responsibility for her matrimony, one that has brought her much joy as she now resides contentedly in the northern reaches of England, having recently welcomed a most handsome baby boy into her life.” she approached him closely and whispered in his ear “Not to worry, the boy is not,” she hesitated for a second “yours.”
Before he could react, she took a step back. And said one last thing before she walked away from him just loud enough so people surrounding them could hear: “It was most pleasing to make your acquaintance, my lord. If you would excuse me now.” she walked away before she could get his approval. She would be in control in this interaction, not him. While maybe she had come across calm, she really could not stand the guy, or what he had done to her sister. He had taken away the most important person in her life, without him, her sister would have never been married and moved far away. On the inside, she was fuming. She needed anyone to talk to, to distract, make it so this night and all the effort she had put into it would not go to waste. She looked around, and to her relief, a familiar face popped up. She walked over to him, while writing down his name on her dance card hastily. “Lord Orpheus Langston. May I have this dance?” she dragged him onto the dance floor, grabbing him by both hands. She wouldn’t take no for an answer. When they were in place she muttered “I am sorry, but I needed a rescue”.

@Madilnel ~ Ilyas
@DandelionKate ~ Orpheus

10 Likes

Beige Vintage Traveler Twitter Header

⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇

Arabella~

As she an Atlas danced in a vertical position, hand on shoulder, Belle caught her aunt eyes watching and she smiled because Belle had proof that she had dance, and she would no longer be bothered to dance because after this, Belle had asked her dear brother Louis, to take aunt Camille outside to talk and Louis, always so gentle, always so kind, and always the best brother had agreed. Thomas, her other brother would cover for her, and state that yes he had indeed see her dancing with other men, if her aunt was to ask. Thomas, always the great liar, and though at times Belle would curse at Thomas because of his problematic behaviour, she held such love for her dear brother whose actions at times where incredible immoral.

As she continued dancing with Atlas, she could not help but to muse about her past, how dancing use to be hard for her and how if this was the old Belle, she would have stepped on his feet more than twice and Atlas knew that. She was grateful for Louisa, the friend dearest to her heart who had helped her learn to dance. One step at once, she had thought her, and though Belle never liked to be treated like a child by anyone, even when she was a child, because Belle always believed herself to more advanced persay than her peers, she was grateful nonetheless for how Louisa had teached her like she was a little child learning how to wake for the first time. Though, Belle was still not as good of a dancer as Louisa, she was still graceful now with her feets and body movement, and she kept eye contact throughout smiling at Atlas as they danced and asking the question that was daring and she knew he hated. But Adeline was important to her, and she needed to make sure that one day Adeline and Atlas would truly reconcile before Adeline married, a kin fight was never a good idea.

When he had called her by her first name, something improper in society, Belle just smiled, because to and Atlas such idiotic laws created by foolish people did not matter to them. They were simply and will always be, ‘Atlas’ and ‘Belle’ to each other, after all they were cut from a similar clothe and they will always be attached no matter what, at least that’s how she saw it and what she hoped.

Even when Atlas would get married, which Belle assumed he would do someday, unlike what Belle would do, she hoped he would not be too busy with his marriage to talk with her, because it’s not like Belle would be much busy with anything except…

“Adeline, Adeline would know what’s best for her?” Belle asked, a frown on her soft features when Atlas said Adeline would know what’s best for her, because Atlas knew better than anyone how naive Adeline could be. "Adeline is still so innocent, she’s like a babe who is learning to walk, she needs guidance, she needs her brother. Now Belle knew Adeline was older by a year to her, but compared to Belle, it was not wrong to say that Adeline was a little bit more childish and Belle always made sure to comment on that and though she knew things with Adeline and Atlas were tense, it should not be too tense that hr would not watch over his younger sister. She did however understand the situation. She noticed additionally, how Atlas had avoided her question, not fully meeting her eyes. She hated when he did that, when at times he would close himself up again, like he did when they were younger and not yet as close as they were. Belle had always thought herself as Atlas shoulders, someone Atlas could always truse, so she found it distasteful, depressing when he would close himself up to even her. She knew then that the subject was to sour, but Belle always the curious Belle and like a cat, was inclined to curiosity.

Belle bit her lips when Atlas asked of marriage. He knew what she thought of it, but she could not blame him for asking such a subject when she asked what she knew was sore for him. He knew how she would react to this, and how she would pause her talk of Adeline temporarily to focus on this subject, because this subject was sore to her especially since her mother and her elder sister.
“There is no man in the world who could make me fall in love,” Belle said, and it was true. There were many men in the world, throughout nations, and yet none of them could ever win her heart. This was not to say Belle had never felt romantic inclined to someone- she had once, or at least she thought what she had was romantic. It was Lord Augustus, another dear friend of her. He was so friendly, so carefree and funny, it was hard not to romanticize him or more like idolize him, but as she was young, the feelings faltered like she hoped they would. “I shall remain a spinster my entire life and do my work.” And Atlas knew the work she was talking about all too well. “What about you? Any ladies caught your eye? Is there perhaps going to be a future marquess soon, a new friend for me.” Belle teased, trying to escape the conversation about her own romantic incline. “What type of women do you even look for? I’m assuming easy on the eye, intelligent and someone who will leave you to your brooding, not like me who will always make sure you do not brood in front of me or wait perhaps you shall like someone who likes adventures and can do silly things with you…” Her tone was jesting, of course. She knew how much Atlas liked to keep to himself and how much Belle would not allow him to do so. It was just not in her nature, Atlas would push himself but Belle always found a way to pull him in. They were soulmates she liked to think, not the romantic type of course, but soulmates none of the less, she was the sun to his brooding moon, and oh and Adeline was like… Adeline was something dear to them. She was their sky? or stars?

orp: @sunflowerjm

mentioned:
@Ouijaloveletters - Louisa
@Madilnel - Augustus

6 Likes

reading music (instrumental - good for reading and writing)

Dance #1: Lady Albina Northwick (@Jass): ~ongoing~

Orpheus had not moved, his feet firmly planted, his mind racing, his heart beating out of his chest. He did not have the words to speak further.
Just as he was about to muster the courage to step closer to Azucena, Orpheus felt his wrist being tugged in the opposite direction.
In one motion he had been pulled to the dance floor, his natural instinct to move with the ton kicking in, as he and the lady in front of him moved in sync.
“Miss Northwick.” Orpheus nearly sighed out loud. He was most relieved to have been pulled from his nearly devastatingly awkward interaction.
“On the contrary, my lady, I believe you have just saved me.” Orpheus laughed, taking in the sight of Albina’s gown. It must have cost her family a fortune. Each stitch was beautifully crafted, the trim perfectly complimenting the deep shade of green the fabric was soaked in. The threads looked rather high quality, such a crafted stitching surely reflected her familial status and her desire for a well-off match.
“You are rather enchanting this evening, Lady Northwick. Such a shade is perfectly suited to your delicate features. However, I must admit, I am surprised you chose me to grace the dance floor with as I am sure such a gown has demanded a full dance card. Yet, in the strictest confidence, it seems that many of the gentlemen in attendance possess the grace of an overeager pigeon when it comes to dancing. So, perhaps, you chose your savior well.” Orpheus smiled down at her, his hand resting gently on her open palm as they swayed with the music.
Albina had been a friend in the past, but they had never grown very close. It was a happy surprise indeed that she would be his first dance this evening. Perhaps a dance with an unsuspecting lady is exactly what he needed to take his mind off of the madness that has perchanced his night thus far.
Besides, perhaps Albina would be an interesting option for courtship after all. Given that he had not grown close with her, he knew very little of her heart or sensibilities. However, he was never the one to shy away from a potential love match.

mentioned:
Albina @Jass
Azucena @raviola

10 Likes

Pre-Dance 1: with Lady Emma Wycliff, heading to Lady Adeline Delaney

As Magnus gazed around in a sea of faces, most he recognised, many he wished not to talk with. Finally locking eyes with the diamond of transcendent beauty, he smiled toward her. It only lasted a mere second as he was jolted. Someone had stumbled into him with cloven hooves.

“Your manners leave much to be desired, as though you were raised by a pack of wild animals,” Magnus spoke before looking at who he was speaking to. His voice deep but not his usual soothing appeal as there was a hint of annoyance in it. Turning to face the beast who had done this, he learnt that it was Lady Emma, the daughter of a Viscount. Some of his annoyance was lost as he straightened his jacket. “One should look where she’s headed, unless you would prefer to lead up the garden path.” A flicker of smirk flashed over his face with that last line.
He looked back over in Adeline’s direction to see if she was still watching.

@sunflowerjm - Adeline (mentioned)
@Bexs - Emma

10 Likes

Pre-Dance 1: Approachable

As the queen swiftly exited the hall, Phoebe Willoughby found herself momentarily stunned, her heart pounding with a mixture of disappointment and anticipation. She had hoped for a more substantial interaction with Her Royal Highness, but the queen’s abrupt departure left her yearning for a good book back home in her cosy estate.

Gathering her composure, Phoebe took a deep breath, reminding herself that where she was. It has occurred her that she was still standing centerstage, so to speak. All eyes were fixated upon her. A wave of self-consciousness washed over her, making her feel exposed and vulnerable. The attention felt suffocating, her anxiety had its hands around her throat as her breathing got heavier. Putting a hand to her neck as calmly as her brain would allow, she turned back, swiftly making her way back out of the room.

Once out of the room and around the corner, she could breathe. Panic still clawed at her chest, urging her to retreat to the safety of solitude. She was about to, about to find a dark corner or room to hide in when… her mother, the right honourable Baroness Willoughby, approached her with a disapproving expression.
“Phoebe, dear, what happened? Why could you have done differently for the queen not to have left so suddenly?”, her mother asked, her voice tinged with disappointment.

Phoebe’s heart sank as she realised it was her mother here to chastise her. She knew she had to face her mother’s scrutiny, even if it pained her. Her soft and melodic voice cracked with nervousness in reply, “I’m not entirely sure, Mother. It seemed the queen may not have agreed with my choice of composer.”

Her mother’s disappointment was palpable. “Phoebe, you should have been more attentive. It was your duty to ensure a pleasant interaction with Her Royal Highness. You must learn to anticipate and adapt to such situations. This was a missed opportunity.”

Phoebe’s shoulders wanted to slump with each disappointed syllable, but that would only make matter worse. All she could do now was hope to impress both her mother and the queen at the ball later on. Determined to make the most of the ball, she took slow deep breath, straightened her posture, and met her mother’s gaze. “I apologise, Mother. I will learn from this experience and strive to make the rest of the evening memorable,” she replied, her voice filled with determination.
Her mother’s stern expression softened slightly, a glimmer of understanding in her eyes. “Very well, Phoebe. Show them the grace and elegance that I know you possess.”

Later on, her felt renewed with her mother’s words of encouragement. Adjusting her gown, she took a deep breath and entered the grandest ballroom she had ever seen. Her heart pounding with a mixture of excitement and nerves, and then a swirl of conflicting emotions as she saw just how many unknown people there were here.

Phoebe couldn’t help but feel overwhelmed and again, there was her anxiety that crept up within her. Quickly she found a corner and placed her back into the crevice, looking out but remaining still, hoping that it would all be over shortly.

Approachable

4 Likes

Atlas listened as Belle went off on him a bit. It was common for her to do this; she was the one to tell him when he was being foolish or unreasonable. Belle was never afraid to speak her mind with him, and maybe that is why he knew he could trust her with anything that was bothering him. Her honesty and straightforwardness were qualities that Atlas admired, even if it sometimes stung to hear the truth. He valued her opinion and knew that she always had his best interests at heart. Though she also knew Adeline, his sister was a sensitive topic for him. “Adeline is still so innocent, she’s like a babe who is learning to walk, she needs guidance, she needs her brother.” These words caught Atlas’s full attention, and he looked at Belle, “You underestimate her… yes, she may be too trustworthy and naive at times, but she has a strength within her that you haven’t seen. Adeline is resilient and has the potential to surprise us all.” Atlas said a bit of annoyance in his voice. It was not that he did not care for his little sister; he just couldn’t help but wonder what would happen if she were to… never mind.

As Belle finally answered his question, Atlas smirked, as he knew her response already. “Ah, so you say now, but must we remember your big crush on Lord Augustus a few years ago?" He teased, "I remember… 'I spent the day with Lord Augustus; he is such a dream."When he felt a light kick from Belle on his ankle, he laughed and said, “All I am saying is don’t be so certain of what is to come this season; you shall be surprised at how your heart reacts to unexpected connections.” He continued as he smiled at her, becoming serious for a moment. Atlas really wanted Belle to be happy. He was afraid that if he were to actually marry one day, Belle would be all alone, and he couldn’t bear the thought of that. “As for me…” Atlas cleared his throat before he continued. "Well, you know me very well, so yes, I would love to have someone who likes the same adventures as me and to do silly things, and I can tell you that yes, I’ve found… well, maybe."He sighed, "If I am being honest, I am not really sure where I stand with this lady, but I must apologize as much as I share almost my whole life with you… this is one I have to keep to myself. At least for now."Atlas spun her around in a circle, brought her back to him, and gave her a gentle forehead kiss. “But I promise you, Belle, that no matter what happens, I will always be here for you,” he whispered.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

orp: @Kristi Belle

5 Likes

Beige Vintage Traveler Twitter Header

⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇

~Belle~

Belle arched an elegant eyebrow in response to Atlas’s remark, suggesting that she had underestimated his sister. Was that truly the case? Atlas, who, while not sharing many conversations with her sister lately, had a deeper insight into Adeline’s tendencies. There were moments when Adeline appeared as a lost kitten, endearingly innocent. Belle couldn’t help but find it charming, even though at times she felt as if she were five times Adeline’s age. Yet, cuteness had a way of rendering one blissfully naive, and in that regard, Adeline was undeniably so. It was an unassailable fact, and Belle understood it keenly. Though their relationship had its strains, Atlas being her brother and sharing their home, he might indeed possess a more comprehensive understanding of Adeline’s character than Belle herself. It did bring a measure of solace to Belle, knowing that at least Atlas held high hopes for Adeline, even if it seemed somewhat delusional to her. Belle, ever the skeptic, remained inclined towards disbelief. For the sake of Atlas, and Adeline, Belle would just blame the disbelief on her being a skeptic and move on. Though she was sure she did not underestimate dear Adeline as she knew her very well, Adeline was a sweet sweet girl and a love fool. She would rather get her heart broken a thousand times a thousand times than to break a heart once. There was a very clear difference between Belle, Atlas and Adeline, it was that Belle and Atlas yes they could be cruel, but Adeline could not.

Hopefully, for Adeline’s sake as the diamond, she will indeed make a believer out of a skeptic. Though, Belle would keep her eyes on her. At times, Belle would wish that Louis would have eyes for Adeline so they could marry and Belle and her could be sisters by marriage and Atlas and her siblings by marriage as well, but she had heard that a lady had caught Louis eyes, Belle is still trying to find out who this lady is, after all she needs to know the future duchess of france, and her sister in law. “If you say so, perhaps I do underestimate her, I just…” Belle leaned, she did not want the queen nor the prince nor anyone to hear. “She does stay away from the people Thomas befriend, especially the Prince. He will not be a good husband, but enough about Adeline,” Belle said because she knew how much Atlas wanted to stop talking about her for a moment, even though all Belle could worry about right now was Adeline, the diamond. But right now she was with Atlas, and she will concentrate on Atlas, she does hope though that Adeline does not forget her mind because that seems to happen when she’s with Atlas, which makes belle feel apologetic.

Belle’s eyes rolled with an amused look as Atlas mentioned Lord Augustus. Indeed, she had once had her guarded heart touched by the whispers of romance, of feelings, but those were the dreams of the youth, of the young Belle who was going through changes. Since then, Belle had matured, she was older and wiser, and the concept of love and marriage held nothing for her, only but making her head sick. The idea of marriage, of love, of romance, and the notion of bearing a child made her feel ill. Yes, Belle shall never marry it was written in the stones, and she shall live a kind life with Louisa free from marriages as they do their things. . “Lord Augustus does not count,” Belle said, with a small laugh. “I idolized him! I was young and the feelings went as soon as they come, it’s almost like they did not exist at all.” That was true, after Thomas had given her the talk, and some days after the feelings definitely vaporized as Belle realized that Augustus was simply a good friend, and someone she idolized because she was everything she wished more men were like, who was not her brother or Atlas. “I sent you some books, did you read them? And if you did then tell me what happened” Yes, she had sent a couple of books she had read to Atlas for him to read, because she was a lover of the books and she wanted to convert Atlas to be one though it seemed far fetched. Books to her were like her own very religion, the one thing Belle would always love and believe in and she was always ready to recruit people into her religion. “One of the books, Arson in Corsica is really good, one of the main characters reminds me of you. An english man, who likes adventure and yet at the same time is so guarded.” Belle surely loved to tease her dear friends and in return her dear friends loved to tease her.

Belle gasped when Atlas said he had found the one, a huge smiling forming in her smile, “And you could not me before that you were enchanted? Even if you refuse to tell me the name.” Sure Belle and romantic love did not go quite together, but she knew that one day as the heir of his family, Atlas would have to marry and she wanted him to marry out of love and be happy like her parents, so the notion that Atlas had found a woman, a woman he was enthralled with made Belle happy. Her dear friend held romantic affections for someone, Belle would definitely pry later and would find out who, but still she could not help but to ask, “The lady in question,” she whispered, her eyes glimmering. “Do i have the pleasure of knowing her?” She asked as they danced, and the music and the people chatting were their background. “Feel free to keep your secrets, dear Atlas, but you know as well I do that secrets between us are like whispers in the wind- they find their way back to the hear that craves them. You had never been good at secrets when it comes to me have you?” Belle said whispering her smile never leaving her face. Moments like this, were Belle was free, soft and smiling, one could understand why her parents gave her the middle name of ‘rose’ because truly she was like a rose, perhaps one with spikes but a rose was a rose. “Sooner or later, you will unveil this love of yours who holds your heart but you do not know if you hold theirs to me.” With a playful top on his nose, she dissolved in a gentle giggle.

Atlas spun her around in a circle and all Belle could do was follow the direction in which he spun her, her gaze never leaving his and she tried to remain her elegance, after all she was Belle, Belle Rose of the Fleur house. When Atlas brought her back to him, he gave her a gentle kiss on the head that made her smile gently. He was sweet, oh so sweet, the woman his heart calls out to was as lucky as a leprachaun. “But you will get tired of me,” She teased, "No, no I shall get tired of you and you shall beg for my attention and i shall decide where I am merciful enough to give you that. She jested before she leaned close to Atlas, placing a kiss on his cheeks quickly so it would go unnoticed by the public, she did not need scandals for herself nor Atlas, especially since many tended to misunderstand her relationship with him. “Thank you, you will always be one of my favorite people no matter what happens, you are my dear friend and I am sure the lady you hold affections for shall for you sooner or later. And if you need anything I and the Fleur family will always help you.”

Belle had always said that and her and Atlas, they shared a similar soul, but perhaps with difference fairies that danced asking as their personalities. But their souls? Oh their souls were identical, if souls were made from dust, ribbons, wool, stars, or sunrayss, she and Atlas had the same souls but different fairies.

@sunflowerjm

5 Likes

Emma Wycliff

Any remorse Emma felt for stepping on the prince instantly washed away as he implied Emma had been raised by wild animals and said that she should go to the garden, presumably to get lost or do something animal like, the metaphor didn’t make sense but it was enough to infuriate Emma.

“I’ll have you know that-!” Emma began in response to the prince’s smirk, but it was too late, the prince had already turned away. The other guests around them turned to look at Emma, to see who dared raise their voice at the Prince, even if it was just slightly, in such a formal setting.

That’s it. I’m leaving. Emma thought as tears began to fill her eyes. She hadn’t even had her first dance yet and already embarrassed herself, and presumably her family as well.

Silently, Emma put her head down and pushed back what felt like hundreds of people to get to the doors. She went through the long hall and found the garden before she took off her tight shoes and began running, and kept running, just like the Prince had requested, until she could run no longer, stopping just before she hit a grassy fence.

Emma wanted to cry and scream all at once. She wanted out. Out of this life she was born into. Just out and away from everything.

@CrazyCaliope - Magnus (mentioned)
Approachable I guess…if you can find her >.<

6 Likes

7b10f7d09884509a5e17f75671fd59d298c7c4ef_2_690x203

As the evening unfolded, an unmistakable sense of urgency hung in the air. The members of the ton were acutely aware that this was just the beginning of the season, yet tonight’s events could significantly influence the trajectory of the debutantes and their prospects in Regency society. It all began with the all-important judgment of the queen, whose preferences had a cascading effect.The queen’s favor or disfavor toward a young lady could shape how she was perceived by the rest of society. It would then, in turn, affect how eligible bachelors regarded her as a potential wife.

I must apologize for the interruption to your evening caused by my father, Augustus couldn’t help but laugh at Lydia’s comment, a warm and genuine sound that filled the air around them. He shook his head, appreciating the humor and candor in her response. “No need to apologize for your father,” he replied with a smile, “He certainly has a way with words, doesn’t he?” Augustus recognized the nuances of social interactions and knew that sometimes, a touch of wit and cleverness from one’s family could be endearing rather than off-putting.

Augustus, aware of the importance of this evening, felt a sense of hopefulness, a sentiment he endeavored to maintain even in moments when it was challenging.With grace and charm, he navigated the intricate web of society, mindful of the expectations. Tonight, like every other night, he would strive to be his best self, for he understood that. And you? Augustus’s eyes lit up with enthusiasm. “I must say, I share your sentiments,” he replied, his voice reflecting his genuine affection for winter’s charms. “There’s something truly magical about the first snowfall, when it blankets the world in pristine white and drapes itself gently over the trees. It’s like nature’s own artwork.”

Augustus’s smile widened as he thought about his own family’s tradition of a snowball fight on the first snowfall. “Ever had a snowball fight?” he asked with a twinkle in his eye, “I’ve had my fair share of snowball fights, and I can’t say I take it easy on my siblings either. There’s something wonderfully exhilarating about the friendly competition, don’t you think? It brings out the competitive spirit in all of us.”

Amidst the glittering allure of the ball, Augustus couldn’t help but harbor a quiet longing for the serenity of his home, surrounded by the company of his beloved animals and the embrace of the great outdoors. The hustle and bustle of the ballroom, the elegant dances, and the intricate web of social interactions were undoubtedly part of his world, but there was a part of him that felt most at ease under the open sky. Preferably the stars. “Tell me, what is your favourite time of the day?” I must admit, my favorite time of day is the night. The world quiets down, and it’s as if you’re privy to a world of secrets and dreams" As they conversed under the soft glow of the ballroom’s chandeliers, Augustus found himself drawn to Lydia’s wit and perspective.

@novella

6 Likes

Azucena waltzed around the queen’s ball, adorned in gold draping down her collar, fine jewels sparkling under the light. Her gown was the color of lillies; her favorite flower, the one she was named after. The child had dedicated a majority of her respective year since last season attempting to reconstruct her reputation, that she dreaded Harrison for tarnishing.

Unfortunately, somewhere between those evening dinners and morning walks they thought to be so dry, she stopped wanting to run. Instead, she longed to make him laugh, even when he did not find her funny, because he was the kind of man that was worth waiting for. The problem was that she realized it far too late. Similar to a tsunami, the tide rolled away and away, but she never minded it until the wave came down. By then, Harrison could not save her.

Now, she once again followed the lead of her mother; putting on a fake smile, and praying that no one could see behind it. All was going well, they had gone to say hello to friends and family, exchanging cheek kisses and small talk. It had been enchanting to be reunited with them again, and in her heart she had truly missed them. She had missed all of the people, all but one.

She had been watching him all night. He looked just as handsome as before, dark eyes and sweet scent that lingered across the ballroom until it grazed across her neck. It almost felt like a kiss. He would most certainly appear as a silhouette in tonight’s dream, however his name would certainly not be quilled down on her dance card. They were destined to fall apart, and reuniting would only stir controversy. Azucena would die just to be close to him again, in that way that was so forbidden. They had a garden, but now that they have bitten the apple, it must be scrapped before it is identified by its rotten core. She saw him glancing, but never let their eyes meet. Surely he would not come near.

That was what she thought, until she heard those footsteps she could recognize in any crowded room. Please do not, she thought. But her thoughts could not save her.

“Blue.” He called. The name she had given him, the name no one calls her. One that is not hers.

So it was him. Lang. Truly, Azucena was rattled to know that this man was here. A man of nobility? The one she romanticized for his rugged hands, and his tossed up hair. All of the fairy tales she had formulated about him were disapproved in one word. Who was he, then? She pictured him as the son of a blacksmith, at best, or the child of a seamstress struggling to get by. By the sound of his stories, he seemed to have had a hard life, but how could that be when he stood in this room?

She let him talk, wonder as she looked upon him with dreamy eyes of blue, unable to conceal the wonder she found in his gaze. However, Azucena could not bring herself to respond to his call for her. Not by that name. She would not answer his question, so she stared as he continued, laughing slightly at his astonishment.

“You look lovely.” He said. And suddenly that polite expression she held firm melted into one that held legitimacy. The compliment meant much more from someone who would think the same if she were in a nightgown, or nothing at all. “Thank you,” She blushed, bowing into a curtsy. "You as well. I would call you by your name, however I realize I do not know it. The girl lowered her voice, and let blue ask him. “What is your name, Lang?” It came out as a whisper, uttered with much more confidence now that it was quiet. Happy to be herself around someone, especially if it was him.

@DandelionKate

mentioned:
@Kristi Harrison

8 Likes

In the midst of the ballroom, Aurelia’s hesitancy was palpable, a quiet undercurrent amidst the music and the swirling nobles preparing to dance. Every eye in the room seemed to be on her as she followed her dance partner to their stations… or so it felt like it to the girl - the ton likely watching with a mix of curiosity and intrigue as she stood there, locked in this unexpected dance with a member of the Davis family. She was well aware of the spectacle she had unwittingly become, the puppet in a grand show where her strings were pulled by unseen hands.

As her gaze met Lord Harrison’s, a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions swirled within her. What was she to do in this precarious situation? She could almost hear her mother’s voice, filled with disapproval, ringing in her mind. This encounter did not bode well, and she knew it.

Aurelia remained graceful, her every move precise and measured as she followed Lord Harrison, but an air of uncertainty surrounded her like a delicate veil. She knew every step and word would have to be carefully considered, for she was acutely aware that this dance was more than a mere waltz; it was a delicate balancing act on the precipice of societal expectations and family obligation.

Aurelia’s previous words to the man were as purposeful as they were sharp, cutting through the air like a blade. She watched closely, her gaze steady, as a subtle flicker of emotion passed across Lord Harrison’s face. It was a fleeting moment, easily missed by anyone not paying close attention. But she saw it, a tiny crack in his composed facade, a glimpse of vulnerability that she hadn’t expected.Yet, almost as quickly as it had appeared, that vulnerability vanished, replaced by his usual easygoing expression. It left her with a nagging sense of unease, a feeling that perhaps her words had wounded him in some way. And for some reason… one that she truly could not fathom…Aurelia couldn’t deny the ache forming deep within her, indicating a desire not to inflict pain on him. Why did she care? He put her in this position after all…

No, she did not care, Aure decided - a resolute statement in her mind as she watched him. It was simply that she didn’t want to inflict pain on anyone, and anyone just happened to include a certain member of the Davis family. What was not expected, however, was his next words. Did he just call her words to him a jest? Why in the world would she ever jest with the man in front of her. She did not even know him. She knew of him, sure. Who had not heard the tales of the man in front of her. The man wearing his scar with pride - as he wore the stories surrounding him. In what world would she…

Well, it seemed she hadn’t a moment longer to ponder her thoughts when she found him leaning down to her ear, whispering “They miss you, they are asking when you shall be back.”

As Lord Harrison’s words reached her ears, Aurelia couldn’t help but feel a mixture of emotions stirring within her. She had expected this encounter to be uncomfortable, perhaps even contentious, but his mention of others missing her caught her off guard. It was a sentiment she hadn’t anticipated from a member of the Davis family, given the longstanding tensions between their two families.

Not to mention, his proximity, leaning in to speak softly into her ear, sent a shiver down her spine. The warmth of his breath against her skin, combined with the unexpected intimacy of his words, created a momentary sense of vulnerability that left her feeling disconcerted. Her heart raced, and her head began to throb, a reminder of the accident that had changed her life. This happened often since her accident - her head aching. Her doctor had explained that it was simply her mind repairing itself, and that with time, the pains would disappear before he hushed her into a slumber.

That being said, with his next indication to dance, Aurelia decided to continue, recognizing that any further hesitation might cause an even greater scandal than their unexpected dance had already stirred. She powered through the throbbing pain in her head, diverting her focus to the music that played on… despite her mind repeating his words.

~As it Was~

With the music now her primary focus, Aurelia swiftly caught up to where the rest of the dancers were, despite her slightly delayed start. She seamlessly found her steps and for a moment, remained silent. She used this brief interlude to calm her racing thoughts and to simply observe Lord Harrison. There was no denying his handsomeness, and perhaps even his charm to some. However, it was well-known that he was a rake, and according to her mother, perhaps the worst kind of rake. Tales of his adventures reached far and wide, and these were adventures that Aure recalled well - shocking as it was hard as of late for her to grasp many of her memories. She couldn’t help but wonder that if what she recalled was true, what tales might have she forgotten? She would not be surprised if those stories were even more scandalous than the ones she remembered.

But… more pertinent, what did he mean by they miss you ? Perhaps if her mind wasn’t throbbing, she’d think on the matter more. However, it mattered not… and perhaps there were more important things to discuss than the rambles of a rake. Right? There had to be… but why did it pain her to think in such a way? Shush Aure - focus.

“Lord Harrison…” Aurelia commenced, her words soft but clear, their rhythm matched to the dance. “I must admit, once again, I find myself in complete bewilderment regarding the intent behind this dance and your declaration that I am somehow missed. I assure you, my confusion is genuine, and I do not engage in jest. Furthermore, I would greatly prefer not to delve into the meanings behind your words if they are indeed intended as such. I am not here to play games with a rake, particularly one such as yourself. So if you don’t mind, after this dance concludes, I kindly request that you leave me be.”

@Kristi

8 Likes

She applauded Bainbridge for his tactical response. “I have to admit that you just gave probably the best answer” she joked before he asked who her sister was. “unfortunately no, my sister and I both were unable to attend. So as much as I wished what you are saying is directed at my family, I can’t” she spoke with a genuine sadness Since she wholeheartedly wished for her sister to stand out to the queen in every way other than the one they have now.
When he mentioned that his aunt, it reminded her of her sister. “My sister is like that as well. Despite the family circumstances she has been preparing us for our season so my papa and mama can focus on the family business. Her husband is currently taking care of their baby” she explained. It was no secret that my sister was married, but my sister insisted to keep the family name for a little longer.

When she curtsied, he made a comment about the reason behind it despite their high social rank. “A title is just a title, its fragile and can be earned or taken away at any moment. Our family comes across people of all ranks, we know that connections are stronger than titles. Besides, you neger know where you end up. For all we know the queen will choke on one of the appetizers and you safe her, earning a rank as a result” she explained even though in reality she just didn’t care to bother seeing who ranks higher or lower. “you hardly can go wrong showing too much respect” she added.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Bainbridge.

6 Likes

“For certain, your choice of attire is always commendable. I would not dare do such thing as disagree with you on such matters.” These last words, even if meant jokingly, there was truth to them, sometimes Baylor felt like Dorothea had more power in this friendship than he had himself.
Baylor followed Dorothea’s eyes as she was talking about her mother, and spotted her mother, the Countess Addington, talk to a group of mama’s. The idea that Baylor not only had to get approval of the lady he would be marrying, but also the pressure of her family having to agree, hit Baylor. Not that he would be any less strict on a guy for Maisie himself. However, most mama’s of a lady, they wanted love for their daughter. Either they wanted the love they experienced themselves, or something they never had for their daughter. Times were changing, marriage was, generation after generation, more so prioritising love and affection over what logically makes sense to connect two families. Loving a lady in such a way mama’s might want for their daughter, Baylor was not sure if he could ever deliver that.
“How lovely she finds enjoyment in the season, but I hope she has been not too demanding of you leading up to this season. I imagine she’s rather eager for you to find a new match promptly, as she would undoubtedly make a splendid grandmother.”
Baylor laughed about her clear sarcasm about the ballroom and her inquiring about any romance in Scotland. He had always hidden his brief faltering with a Scottish lass years ago from Dorothea, and he was not going to change so now. However, he felt comfortable enough with Dorothea to share whether his eyes are wondering at this ball. “There is a lady who has captured my notice, for I find her countenance is undeniably alluring. Yet, I remain most undecided as to whether I shall pursue this particular lady.” he took a moment of silence, pondering whether to share who he was talking about, but decided against it for now, unless Dorothea would be inquiring about it, Baylor was very much incapable of telling her no. “How about yourself, might there be someone here who has captivated your interest?”
“Scotland was most enjoyable. While my endeavours in Scotland revolved mostly around my investments, I was blessed with the opportunity to embark on a two day hike through the picturesque Highlands. It was an escapade amidst breathtaking landscapes.” talking about Scotland had softened Baylor’s posture and put a smile on his face. “Should you be inclined to hear more stories, perhaps we should engage in conversation while partaking in a dance?”

@CerealKiller ~ Dorothea
@Littlefeets ~ Maisie (mentioned, you will probably get many of these. Sorry :sweat_smile:)

7 Likes

Dance number 1: Lord Orpheus Langston

“Oh” Albina exclaimed “Pray, enlighten me, how is it that I have come to your rescue?” Albina had a puzzled look on her face. She hadn’t thought her nearly running up to him and dragging him on the dance floor, against the expectations of society, would ever rescue a lord, a son of a duke for that matter. The puzzled look slowly turned into a smile thinking Orpheus might be a guy she could be herself with. Someone who did not care about these social norms, expectations and formalities as much.
“Why thank you. I must admit, I’m rather fond of this dress myself.” she smiled warmly at him. “And you, Lord Orpheus, you do not appear too shabby yourself” she studied him for a second, before refocusing on his face and looking him into his eyes.
"I quite remember so from last season yes, I shared some far from satisfactory dances. This season, it seems more so the problem that if decent personalities would be our nations’ currency, we would have been bankrupt by now " she let out a soft chuckle at her own joke.
The longer they danced, Albina felt safe with Orpheus and she enjoyed feeling close to him. She briefly touched his arm, before saying: “Lord Orpheus” she smiled at saying his name once again. “Your name truly is charming as a lover and practitioner of music, are you aware?.” she let out in a sort of enthusiasm about his name, before really thinking about it. She corrected herself by saying “However, I am drifting off and that’s not precisely what I wanted to express. What I meant to convey, is that during the last season, I found myself rather taken with you. You stood out as one of the rare gentlemen of good character.” she said, almost in a dreamy way. She could feel her cheeks turning red as she said this, and was relieved with the make-up she was wearing, he would not be able to notice. “Until” she hesitated how to word what went through her mind “circumstances altered, and I was compelled to give up on those prospects, and the potential they could have held, before we even knew each other properly.” She felt a little more shy now she had spoken, and looked down on her feet, focusing on the dance.

@DandelionKate ~ Orpheus

5 Likes