Blue Royalty | Miscellaneous Thread

vc new 2

I’m actually the boss - 2022

You know what its like being a baby, you were all in my place once. but do you know what its like to be an awesome ass genius baby clearly destined for greatness? probably not. let me just tell you so far its been pretty decent, not really a fan of this hospital shi but other than that life as an amazing baby is not that easy, especially since everyone just automatically assumes you’re just stupid and cute and don’t know anything because you’re a baby and you can’t even speak. well news flash btches I understand it all, you guys are clearly the ones who don’t speak :triumph: babies are multilingual unlike the typical grown American.

"Alright, listen up. I’m only going to say this one time, and one time only and there are absolutely no excuses to get this wrong.

I was chilling with mom and getting some loving attention when my dad came and took me. I mean I love him so far but the man do be a little crazy. He started giving me a list of rules and let me just tell you I was bloody confused. Plus where does my feeding time fit on that schedule? And sleep? I like to eat and sleep that’s like the best part so far honestly. It’s pretty neat. You get to eat and sleep and have people call you pretty and cute I don’t see nothing wrong with that, just acknowledge my awesome brilliance and we’re cool.

”babahahbab baha” I replied, which in baby stands for dad I know the rules give me a hug you idiot I’m not that Dorian dewowy guy you talk about

Plus I know how to talk😤 you don’t understand me😤 mommy understands me and the nice doctor lady understands me, learn the rules parker.

“Daniel give me the bloody baby you idiot.”

”mm abahbada” which I will translate again for all you non baby speakers, stands for kiss first daddy but daddy didn’t give me a kiss how dare😭 I wanted one😭

Anyway
As I said,
Life as a baby is pretty hectic so far, but I’m kinda liking it.

@benitz786 Dan
@astxrism Dorian dewowy

2 Likes

Why? - 2032

Silent tears ran down Jess’s eyes as she lay in the darkness. It was the same every year - gut-wrenching pain as her mind went back to what happened when she was 21. Correction: As her mind pushed her to relive losing her and Dori’s kids over and over and over again. Flashes of her screaming, of her… withering in an empty crib meant for her twins met her mind and all Jess could do was cry. Last year was different, it was… the first year that Dorian had seen her like that. It was the first year he had comforted her since learning about what happened and helped her eat for little Shay who was growing inside her… which was a change from the norm since usually Jess couldn’t eat anything on that… day.

“I brought water,”

Jess felt her body move as he lifted her head and held her against him, however, Jess made no inclination to grab the water from his hand. “It’s 2:23… I lost them at 2:33…I…I lost them,” . She still remembered it like it was yesterday… waking up with the pain… her head moving to the time as it flashed 2:33 AM and she just knew. Jess felt her fiance’s arms wrap around her tighter, and a kiss meet her forehead as she cried herself to sleep.

“Mmaama?”

“No no potato, we can’t bother mommy right now okay? She’s sleeping.”

“Whhyyy?”

Jess felt her eyes open overhearing voices near the outside of her bedroom door. Suffice to say, she had barely gotten any sleep - waking up every few hours to cry some more as Dorian held her shaking body until she fell asleep again.

“Wellllll, mommy didn’t sleep as well as you slept baby,”

“Why?”

Despite everything, the smallest of smiles met Jess’ lips hearing her daughter - especially since in the handful of words she had learned, “Why” had been one of her favorites. Maybe it was because that word kept both Jess and Dorian engaging to answer the question, but either way, the little girl would now go up to everyone and ask Why. Let’s just say, it definitely kept the conversations going on for hours - especially when Andy has the little one in his grasps because that nug could talk.

“Sometimes, when you’re reallllly sad, you can’t sleep. You remember how you were crying because your tummy hurt? It’s like that and sooooo we can’t bother mommy right now.”

“Whhhyyyy?”

“Weellll what happens when you don’t sleep? You get tired annnnnnnd CRANKKKY. You don’t wanna wake up a mom monster do you?”

“WHhhhhhhyy?”

After a few seconds, Jess pulled herself out of bed after small struggle and opened the door. Before her, Dori was sitting on the floor with th little 11 month old munchkin in his hands, who seemed to be trying to wiggle towards the door for the last few minutes. The second Shay caught sight of Jess, a squeel left her lips as she screamed “Mammmmmaa?”

Taking a seat next to Dori, Jess wrapped her arms around her daughter, smothering the little girl in kisses. “What are you up to rascal,” Laughter left her daughter’s lips as she tickled the little girl. A smile met her own lips as she felt Dori’s arms around her, his lips meeting her cheek as he leaned in to whisper “You should go back to sleep,”

She should - but maybe she needed this. It was a good distraction - playing with her daughter. “Mmm tum… sad,” Jess looked as Shay touched her belly. Standing up, Jess picked her daughter up with her and walked towards the kitchen. Grabbing applesauce, Jess sat Shay down in her high chair. However, when Jess tried to feed her, Shay frowned and moved her face away. “Nooo daddaa”

With a tired smile, Jess handed the applesauce to Dorian who was standing nearby, and moved aside. Looking away, Jess closed her eyes - feeling the memories resurfacing, only to be brought out of her trance by her daughter once again. “NOOOOOo nooo”

Jess turned around, watching her daughter push the spoon away. “Come onnn potato. Do you want something else?” Jess watched as Shay pointed back towards her, a big frown on Shay’s face - clearly upset that Dori and Jess weren’t understanding something. “Mamamma”

With a sense of confusion, Jess moved back to the high chair, trying to grab the spoon but clearly shay wasn’t having that either. “Nnoooooo NOOOOo” Shay muttered frantically. Moving her hand, Shay touched the applesauce and pointed at her mom saying “Dadada”

Maybe it was the sleep deprivation, but let’s just say Jess was a little confused. Dorian on the other hand, looked like he at least had an idea. Picking up the spoon again, instead of moving towards Shay, Dorian brought it to Jess’ lips. “Is this better Shay?”

A laugh left Shay’s lips as Jess hesitantly ate the applesauce - ironically the first thing she had eaten since yesterday. “meeeemeee”

Dorian seemed to smile as he brought a spoon of apple sauce to Shay and then after she ate it, he gave a spoon to Jess - which seemed like the only way Shay was going to eat her food.

Shay spent the next few minutes finishing her food with her mom before running towards the fridge once she was let down so she could make her mom eat more food - which started with her grabbing whatever out of the fridge and handing it to her mom.

During this, Jess simply sat on the floor of the kitchen and smiled softly at Dorian who had Shay in his arms as he pointed to something in the fridge waiting for her to nod her head or not before handing it to Jess.

“Ma…mama happy? No…no tired?”

“Yes darling, I’m happy,” Jess whispered, kissing her daughter again as she leaned her head against Dori’s - sharing a look with him before playing with her daughter again.

@astxrism

2 Likes

Potato or French Fry - 2032

“Do you think she’s awake yet?” The words left Jess’ lips as she wrapped her arms tighter around her husband’s torso. Jessica and Dorian were laying in bed in… well a state of undress but what did anyone expect on their honeymoon? Hell, what did anyone expect ever with the two of them alone for an extended period of time WHILE being together. Exacttllly. Anyways, after another round of… does she really have to spell it out? Either way, after you know, Jess was laying against him with tousled hair thinking about… their new life. “Jess it’s like 5 am in Beryl. Shay… if she’s being a good girl… is asleep,”

Okay fine… valid but could you blame Jess? It may have just been Dori and her second day on their honeymoon but she missed Shay. A pout met her lips as she straddled her husband, looking him in his eyes, “But what if I call just to check?” He laughed… how bloody dare he laugh. Did he want her to divorce him THAT fast? SHE WOULD. Remove the bloody DeLoughrey from her last name. How. Dare. He. Laugh. “Jess she’s asleepppp. We’ll facetime her in a few hours.”

With a sigh, Jess got off of him, going back to her previous position and moving her head back to his chest. “BUT if we call and wake her up we can talk to her now,”

“And then we’ll have a cranky potato for my mom to deal with”

“She’s a bloody french fry Dori, get it right,”

“No, she’s a potato,”

“You’re a bloody potato, arse,”

“Am I? Then what are you?,”

“The best fcking French Fry in the world, clearly,”

“Clearly, Mrs. DeLoughrey,”

“Oh Mrs. DeLoughrey huh?” There was a smile playing on Jess’ features as she looked up at him, bringing her hand to his cheek. “Do you have a problem with that too?,” A laugh left Jess’ lips this time as she brought them to his own and kissed him for a few seconds, “Nope, though I do still think Mr. Pierce sounds better whatever.”

Jess closed her eyes for a few minutes, trying to get a few more minutes of shut eye but it was useless. “What if she’s having bad dreams because we abandoned her”

“We didn’t abandon her Jess,”

“Technically, Love, we did. She fell asleep after her sugar high, we both gave her a kiss, your mom took her and we left. I think that’s technically abandonment.”

“She won’t even remember this,”

“If she’s like me, then she’ll remember everything and what if she’s traumatized forever and then she grows up and becomes a stripper which, honestly she can be a stripper if she wants they make good money but what if her dream was to become a chef but we ruined that by leaving her?..”

“Jess…”

“Or or or what if she decides to go to a boring 9 to 5 work life job because she needs stability because we fcked up when she was one and abandoned her alllll alone…”

“… Jessica…”

“Or MAYBE even…”

“JESSICA DELOUGHREY SHUT UP”

A pout met Jess’ lips with that and she found Dorian pulling her in closer before lifting her head up so she was looking at him.

“Shay will be fineee. We didn’t abandon her, I’m pretty sure my mom is spoiling her every moment of every day now will you go to sleep?”

“…fine”

“Also…”

“hmm?”

“Our potato’s not becoming a stripper.”

@astxrism - would you believe me if this was not the misc I was planning on writing with this one and it somehow ended up with this? Meaning there’s still another misc I have to write now :frowning:

2 Likes

When I was in love, trust me, I knew. - Series Part 2

Play Dandelions - Ruth B.

"What stays in vegas…or in this case Mikel’s elevator…"*

”You got the sentence wrong Parker”

Well, apparently, what happens in Vegas, stays stuck in Daniel Parker’s mind longer than it bloody should, because even a few days after the elevator incident, his mind was only on one thing: Valerie Wood. As drunk as Daniel was, he could remember that night as clear as day…his lips on hers…hands running up her body… honestly, it was the only thing that flooded his mind as he lay alone in his bed in the middle of the night… scratch that… what he would swear to his grave didn’t happen. It… didn’t happen. Yep… that’s the story he was going with. After all, Daniel Parker was supposed to hate Valerie… why? Maybe he had lied in that elevator with his bullsht excuse… yeah he remembered how this all started with a chocolate pudding. But hey - it was a valid reason for her to be cast on his bad side and in that elevator, she didn’t necessarily need to know that. That… and well she wouldn’t take his sht and Daniel didn’t like… different. He already had enough people in his life not taking his sht, he didn’t need another one. He didn’t need Valerie… he didn’t need another Yara coming in and ruining his fcking life. He didn’t need another girl stuck in his damn minds o… why… was she still on his mind. Fck.

Sitting up, Daniel grabbed his laptop off the nightstand and opened it up. “Light at 50% opacity,” Daniel barked at the voice command in his room - which instantly did what he wanted as the lights turned on to dimly light up his room just enough so that he could see his laptop with visibility. On the corner of his computer, Daniel couldn’t help but notice the 1:52 AM flashing… god he should be asleep. Genius needs sleep… He really… should be fcking asleep… but as surprised as some may be, this (aka Valerie Wood) wasn’t the only reason he couldn’t sleep. Jezebel was also on his bloody mind… ONLY because his dogs kept wining but… whatever it was irrelevant… she didn’t matter anymore… Valerie was just… a good distraction from all of that. Yes… a distraction. That’s it. He just needed another fck and he’d have her off his mind. God… ew he sounded like Dorian DeLoughrey… that’s disgusting. Let’s not even thinking about the blonde man child at 1:5… now 3 AM. Back to Valerie Wood…

On that note… what was Valerie up to? Perhaps it may be a… slight invasion of privacy but Dan couldn’t help himself. The last time he had seen Val was… Starbucks after his little funeral speech. Honestly, it didn’t even matter because Valerie was probably just asleep like most people were on a Wednesday afternoon right? Wrong. Daniel soon found himself staring at a map with a red dot blinking at a location far away from Valerie’s house. Rather, it seemed like she was clubbing… on a Wednesday… what the bloody hell?

Okay why the fck was he here? No… because truthfully, Daniel should be asleep in the comfort of his bed but instead, he was walking inside a loud club that stunk with the smell of hennesy, weed, and sex… not his preferred combination. Instantly walking towards the bar, Daniel ordered his usual - or one should say tried to order his usual which proved difficult as the male bartender was playing favorites with the girls. Great.

“For fcks sake, you stupid piece of…” Dan started towards the arse making the drinks, though was stopped in his tracks with another voice.

“You need boobs to get a drink, Parker,”

Turning to face her, Daniel allowed his eyes to linger down to what she was wearing before meeting her eyes again. She looked good - he could… mentally admit that much. Despite that, he said nothing about it as he rolled his eyes at her next comment.

“… or to just generally be nicer to the poor bartender, and sadly, I don’t think you have either the personality or the appendages needed.”

“Very funny, Wood.” Daniel started, but clearly she was no longer listening as she leaned over the bar.

“Steve love…,”

Daniel watched the exchange - the way the bartender made eyecontact with Valerie and instantly dropped what he had to come over, a smile on his lips which told Daniel that this wasn’t the first time they were talking. Dan didn’t know what it was about that thought, but it didn’t sit well with him…

“And you? Nevermind, get my… friend here a… you look like a Malibu Sunset kinda guy… get my buddy a Malibu Sunset and please, please don’t forget the little umbrella,”

And just like that, before Dan even had a chance to get a word out, the bartender was off, and once again Valerie turned towards him with a bloody cheeky smile. “Following me now, Parker?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about… I"m usually at this…institution when I ca…”

“You’re a terrible liar,”

“I’m not bloody ly…”

“You know your left eye twitches just a little bit - it’s a god awful tell. Remind me, you’re sht at poker aren’t you?”

“I’ll have you know that I’m…”

“Here you go Valerie, one Jean Harlow, extra rum and one Malibu… Sunset for the… gentleman… Anyways… V you free in an hour? My shift ends soon and maybe we could…,”

“She’s busy”

“I am?”

“…”

“Sorry Steve, It seems I’m busy tonight.”

“I’m not drinking this,”

“Don’t be one of those uber masculine arse’s.”

“It has an umbrella in it, Valerie,”

“I did ask for one,”

“It’s pink,”

“Which is quite bloody literally just another color on the color spectrum,”

With his frown deepening, Daniel… hesitatnly took a sip of the OVERLY SWEET drink and heard her laugh. LAUGH. “I can’t believe you just drank a Malibu Sunset. Never thought I’d see that day,”

“I didn’t…,”

“Sureeeee I don’t want to hear the excuses Dan, how about instead you just dance with me?,”

What was it with this girl? What the bloody fck was it that had her stuck in his mind… that kept him on his toes in every fcking conversation. Despite anything running through his mind, Dan left the idiotic drink on the counter as he placed his hand on the small of her back, leading her towards the interior of the club - a night that ended, for the second time, with her in his arms. Though honestly… whatever mindset he had… that this would be the last of it… for some reason… he still couldn’t get her off his mind…

fck.

@CerealKiller

@Littlefeets - Jez briefly mentioned
@astxrism - Dorian briefly trashed

2 Likes

Parenthood (1)

b79fcce4cd67ef0779efcc3d5ac4b6c4

Starring

Kara Melbourne
Calen Hunter
Karen Hunter

“You have to hurry up and eat, the photo shoot is at one o’clock” Kara stated to her daughter, Karen, who was sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast.“I know mom, you already told me that.” She took a deep breath and continued eating her food. Her first real photoshoot was here and as a 12 year old, it was slightly nerve wracking to her. ”Yes, I know that but I have to make sure that you don’t forget.” Kara walked around the table and picked up an apple from the basket, with her phone in her other hand to her ear. She was calling her “friends” rather, acquaintances, to tell them that her daughter is doing a photoshoot. “I know! This is the perfect opportunity to get her name out there. Yeah…yeah…that’s exactly what I was saying.”
“Mom. Mom?”
“Sigh hold on-what is it Kare? I told you not to interrupt me while I’m on the phone.”
“Can I at least pick out the dress pleease?”
Kara rubbed the bridge of her nose “Sigh, I told you already that I’m picking the dress, Okay? I know what’s going to look the best.” Then, she put the phone back to her ear and walked away to the other room. Karen got up from the table and put away the plate that she ate breakfast on.
2 hours later
Kara drove down the highway at 12:30 am. They were supposed to leave earlier but you know…Kara. Anyways, let’s just move on. Karen was sitting in the passenger seat of the car and looking out of the window feeling nervous.
“How are you feeling about this fabulous photoshoot that’s going to take place.” Kara asked. “Aren’t you at least a little excited?”
“I am excited but I’m also really nervous.”
“What do you have to be nervous about? It’s just a photoshoot.”
“I don’t know how to pose.”*
“The photographer is going to guide you. That’s why they’re there.” Kara explained. At a red light she pulled out her red lipstick out of her purse and put some on. “He’s one of the most renowned photographers in the industry honey. It’s going to be fine.”
“I was going to jump up in the air and make a peace sign.”
“That’s…no.” Kara laughed as the car moved along again.
“I sure wish your father was here.” She mumbled to herself.

During the photoshoot, they met the photographer named Vincent D’angelo and he told her to not be nervous. He also told her that she didn’t have to pick a dress out, because he already had a black frilly dress. Karen wasn’t too fond of it, and it kind of made her uncomfortable, but she didn’t really care. She was just feeling great that she was going to be in a magazine and have experience of being a model. She was ordered to stand beside one of the other models there to represent the younger version of her, as some kind of art piece.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

The photoshoot was over, and It was time for them to get home. Kara promised that Karen would get a treat after the photoshoot, so when they came through the door, she took out the jewelry making kit that she had for Karen.
Her eyes lit up as she grabbed the plastic case. “Wow! Thanks.”
“You’re welcome. I will never know why you like this thing but.” She shrugged her shoulders and smiled. The jewelry materials were a little too cheap looking for her liking. Afterwards, they watched Princess Diaries and ate ice-cream. That was when they heard a knock on the door.
“That must be your dad.” She got up from the couch and went to open the door. It was indeed Calen. “Hey.” She said following a peck on the lips.
Deep down inside, she was feeling salty about the fact that he didn’t come to Karen’s photoshoot due to his job. Karen walked up to her dad and hugged him.
“How was your photoshoot?”
“It was actually really fun. Even though I didn’t get to pick the dress”
“Let me guess, your mother picked it?”
‘No, she didn’t this time.”
“Surprising.” Kara frowned slightly at the comment that she took as snarky. The little girl grabbed her jewelry kit and went to her room.
“So, how was work today?” She asked.
“The same old, same old. Nothing to write home about.”
“Photoshoots are more interesting than work.” It seemed as if Calen knew that she was irritated at something, so he walked away to the kitchen, to which Kara followed after.
“Why are you walking away, I was talking.”
“I’m tired and hungry. Do you expect me to talk without eating yet.”
“I know you always have your own priorities but-”
Karen could hear her parents, but she wasn’t too concerned about that. She was just focused on the excitement of piecing together a necklace using the items from the kit. I guess that’s another day of parenthood in the Hunter house.

@novella - My interpretation of Calen :nerd_face:

Tackling Take 2 - 2037

“Alright Zoe, now what are you not going to do when dad comes through that door?”

Jessica was sitting on the floor, giving her daughter a look that said don’t try me. What? SHE MESSED UP EVEERRRRY TIME. It wasn’t okay. First Zoe had the audacity to say dada as her first word - which was treason in it’s own right - and then, she couldn’t even get this little thing right? Yeah, well, that wasn’t OKAY. Alright fine it was okay but let’s just try to get it right… :frowning: Zoe was four now, she could figure it out. Currently, Aidan was sitting on Jess’ lap as she looked at her daughter with a dead serious expression, and Shay was standing next to her, already jumping knowing her dad would be home soon after a 1 and a half month departure for a Italian game. Oh…italy… look if Dori didn’t bring home gelato… there would be problems.

“H…hug him”

“Good, and instead of hugging dad, we’re going too…”

"Kiss da…daddy :pleading_face: "

“Noooooo Zoooeeeeeee, we’re goinngggg to tackkleeeee him”

“First tackle and then you can hug and kiss your dad okay? And if you listen, I’ll make you mac and cheese tonight deal?.”

“D…deal mom…mommy”

Jess smiled, kissing her daughter on the cheek before moving her attention to her baby boy. “You heard that munckin? We tackle okay?” Jess whispered to her 2 year old who was up wayyy past his bedtime and was already rubbing his eyes. “o…kay” Hearing a car pull up to the front, Jess smiled as she stood up, holding Aidan’s hand. “Okay, Shay you’ll tackle from the right, Zoe you go in from the left, and me and Aidan will attack from the middle. Got it?” Jess whispered.

BUT DO YOU WANT TO GUESS WHAT HAPPENED. The minute Dorian opened the door - bags in hand which dropped when he saw his kids - AIDAN ran to his dad with his hands up. Though he didn’t call out for his dad - always being a shyer one - once Zoe saw Aidan doing that she also forgot her bloody task and screamed for her dad. “OH YOU HAVE TO BE BLOODY KIDDING ME,” Jess sighed, though a smile never fell from her lips as Dori grabbed both Zoe and Aidan, kissing the two. Jess gave Shay a familiar look of they did it again before nodding so the girl could follow suit and run towards her dad to get in on the love he was giving.

Jess stayed sitting, watching Dori from the floor as he kissed Shay, Zoe, and Aidan before she found him walking towards her and taking a seat where she was. “It’s fineee. I’ll teach them to bloody tackle you next time, you arse,” Jess sighed as he pulled her in for a kiss before muttering something along the lines of Sure you will. YEs, Dorain, SHE… she being JESSICA, will. For fcks sake. But for now… “So you brought me ice cream right? Because if you didn’t…”

“I’m not getting any tonight?”

“I’m glad you remember.”

@astxrism

2 Likes

A one night stand - 2023

Empty: that was truly the only word that could describe how Jess felt laying naked in a stranger’s arms. Alright… fine to be fair… he wasn’t exactly a stranger… but he wasn’t exactly anyone she truly cared about. Rather, he was just the first… person she had intimately been with since she broke up with Dorian… over a year ago now. He was just a man that she had considered an acquaintance… one that she had just happened to run into again last night. He was just a man she had used to feel… anything… even if for a fleeting moment.

After being in a depressive state for over a year, Jess was finally… well… she’d never be okay after what happened but she was getting to a better place. Well… or maybe she was just getting better at pretending - so good, in fact, that Dan had let her move back into her parent’s home in London to start in-person classes for the Spring semester. Well… fine, Daniel checked in on her multiple times a bloody week as did Jezebel… though maybe Jezebel knew that Jess was just getting better at lying… and Andy came by a few times after her lack of calls (though she hadn’t yet told him the full extent of what had happened)… even though she felt terrible every fcking time because he should be spending time with his family… and her mum checked in on her too… and, of course, living by herself was a big no in her family’s book. But… she was getting there apparently… wherever there might be. It was… okay… living back at home that was. At the very least, Jessica had her little 7-year-old siblings and… and she had 2-year-old Paige and Kiara to keep her company though was it strange to say that… that hurt even more? That seeing and interacting with Paige and Kiara every day… while making her smile, also hurt deep down… for more reasons than one. Maybe one of those reasons was due to Malachi Azure… knowing that those kids would always be a mix of her and him… even if they weren’t hers. But at this moment, the reason being with them hurt, even more, was that if Jessica’s babies lived, they would be one now… but that was irrelevant right? Life moved on. That being said, from what Jessica knew… and that was very little… Dan and Anna had decided it was time to find Kiara a new home. While Jess always knew they were going to separate the little ones - Jess’ mother never showing enough to pull off more than one kid this time around - Jess never agreed with that sentiment. Part of her even wondered if Anna had any hesitations about separating twins… hell… look at what happened between the two of them with Jess left when she was 8. But at the current moment, Jess had no fight left in her. Her days had been hollow… and honestly… she was just trying to get by herself.

Maybe that’s how Jess found herself in a stranger’s bed. Simply a feeble attempt at filling whatever hollowness she found in herself. Looking over at the man’s sleeping features, Jess allowed her mind to wander back to one of her first interactions with him… her mind and heart-aching knowing that there was another player in that story.

Flashback:

“Jesssssss,”

There was a frown on her boyfriend’s features as he pulled her back into bed, a laugh meeting her lips as she wrapped her arms around his neck and let him move his lips down her neck for… well… not the first time.

“I’m sorry love, but I have to. My coworker who was supposed to do the last teammate’s profile got food poisoning and Liam… something is apparently only free today,”

“Who caressss. Do the stupid article without him,”

A sigh met Jess lips as she looked at Dorian. In retrospect, she knew why he didn’t want her to go. After all, they hadn’t seen each other in person in weeks and Dorian had to catch a flight back to Miami tomorrow morning. The man had already stayed a few days longer than his team after their recent loss against the Oxford Soccer team, but apparently, with a test coming up, he couldn’t stay any longer than tomorrow morning. Long story short: long-distance bloody sucked.

“Just one hour. I’ll be in, out, and you won’t even be done with your morning workout”

“Weren’t you the one to say that this should be considered the morning workout?”

Jess laughed as he flipped the two over, hovering above her causing a soft moan to leave her lips. Trust her… at this point, she didn’t want to leave the bed either. “And I’m pretty bloody sure you were the one to say that it doesn’t count? Now come on, drive me to the field? Pretty please? And then you can take my car to the campus gym or whatever and pick me up later?”

“Remind me? Who in their right mind gave you a license?”

“Excuse you, darling, I’m a bloody excellent driver.”

“…”

“Fine I’m… decent.”

“…”

“STOP GIVING ME THAT LOOK I ONLY HAD TO CALL A TOW SERVICE LIKE FOUR TIMES AND IT WAS ALWAYS IN THE BLOODY STATES WITH YOUR STUPID ARSE DRIVING ON THE WRONG SIDE. Anyways, stop bloody changing the subject.”

“One hour?”

“One Hour, I promise.”

For a meeting that was only lasting a fcking hour, tell her WHY Jess was left waiting for 40 minutes by herself because Liam… Knightly was bloody fcking busy. No. Screw him. Screw any man that thought he could waste someone else’s time because he was what? A fcking Joc?. No screw this. Jess was leaving, and she would just write this arse out of the athlete profile. Honest to god - who the bloody fck did this man think he was? With her mind set, Jess grabbed her bag, wrote a sweet little note that said “Thanks for wasting my time arse” and walked towards the door - only for it to open in her direction.

“Fck… hey I’m so sorry”

Jess gave the man a look of utter frustration, before smiling, opening the door wider and looking in the direction she left the note. “I’d say it was okay, but wasting someone’s time usually doesn’t fall under that category. I’ll be leaving now. You can go back to… whatever it was that distracted you for the last 40 minutes when you were the one to specify this meeting time.” With that, Jess walked off - not caring what left the man’s mouth in the room. Though, lo and behold, she found herself being followed by said many who was now holding the note.

“Hold up… wait… can you just hold on for a second…”

Jess rolled her eyes, sighing as she turned around with her arms over her chest. “I believed I held on far longer than a second already, Mr. Knightly.”

“If I remember correctly, we had an hour and… as of right now… I still have… 18 minutes left? Look I’m really sorry about being late… but are you saying you’re not a woman of your word?”

“… really you’re going to call me on 18 minutes when you wasted over 40?”

"Hey… a lot of things can happen in 18 minutes.

“That sounds disg…”

“Not like that… I mean… just give me a chance… at the very least to apologize. There’s cake? It’s more leftover celebratory cake after our win… but… it can be apology cake too? Please… can I just…”

“Fine… 17 minutes and cake… lead the way.”

Okay… well at least the cake was good. Honestly, she was surprised the team fridge had this much bloody cake leftover especially after it had been at least 2 days since the game - but then again, a bunch of athletes who cared about their bodies were eating it so was it a surprise? Not really. That being said.

“Hey can I have the rest of this?” Jess questioned, pointing to the remaining cake she had yet to touch. Look, 17 minutes wasn’t a lot of time for eating - especially when she spent 14 of those minutes speeding through questions she needed him to answer. Thankfully, he cut to the chase and answered as fast as he could.

“If I say yes, will you finally forgive me for being late?”

“I’ll consider it.”

“Then go ahead, the rest of Congr of Congratulations is yours”

Jess noticed a smile on his face and looked down at her questions list noticing that she was done. “So… 2 minutes left… why were you late?”

"Would… I was invested in devouring cake be an acceptable answer?

“Usually… yes. Today, no.”

“… well how about if I told you I just found my girlfriend and my teammate screwing in the showers?”

“Wait… are you… full frontal and…everything?”

“Yeah… you could say I saw… everything… and then I confronted them… and broke up with her… and then I just… needed to be alone for a second and…”

“… and ended up late?”

“Pretty much…”

“I’m sorry… do you want half my Congr?” Jess asked, pushing the cake towards him which resulted in a laugh.

"No…no the Congr is all yours. I actually… have a flight to catch in a little so I should head to the airport… thanks for waiting… I’m sorry again. "

“No… I’m sorry… for assuming and also being rude earlier?”

“Nothing to be sorry about… I guess I’ll see you later? Well… I hope… I appreciated the company.”

Shooting him a smile, Jess nodded. "Maybe… and look. Your ex and your teammate… you can do better alright? Have a good flight.

End of Flashback:

Liam Knightly… over the years, Jess had seen the man in passing. The two exchanged an 18-minute conversation every time they saw each other - through now it was just a running joke. Anytime they did see each other, one of them pulled the other aside to just have that 18-minute catch-up - never any longer. Well… not until last night, that is. Suffice to say, one thing led to another and the two ended up in his apartment using that time… to do other things. Though in retrospect, they were far past that 18 minutes and had been for a while now.

Here’s the problem though… Jess’ mind was elsewhere for most of the night… and could anyone really blame her?

Flashback

With her legs wrapped around his waist, Jess felt her eagerly pressed against the wall outside his apartment. She felt his lips move from her own, towards her neck - and honestly, Jess was thankful that she was drunk enough to enjoy it. God knows if she wasn’t - she wouldn’t be here. Unlike Dorian who… had slept with someone within days of their breakup… who knows maybe even hours of it… Jess hadn’t been able to even think about it. Even now… even fcking drunk… Jess’ mind… her stupid fcking mind… brought her back to memories she didn’t want to think about.

“God you’re so beautiful,” she heard Liam whisper

“God, you’re so beautiful,”

A flash met her mind of Dorian’s words years ago… and she found herself pushing away from Liam for a second. Though, meeting his confusion, Jess grinned before kissing him again, pushing distracting thoughts out of her mind. “Open the door and pour me another drink?” Jess responded to his words.

End of Flashback

It didn’t make her feel better… how did men do it? How did men sleep around and forget about all the other sht? How did Dorian… how did he do it? After another second, Jess pushed herself out of bed and moved to Liam’s living room - unable to sleep with… a particular someone meeting her thoughts. Rather, Jess found herself going to the couch, laying down. Maybe it was because she was still drunk… maybe… she just wanted to hear his voice… but she found herself pulling out her phone and calling a number she hadn’t… called in months. Not since… well not since she called him when he was at that club.

And… well… in a similar fashion, she reached his voicemail. * You’ve reached Dorian DeLoughrey. I’m away from my phone right now but leave a message and I’ll get back to you when I can. But… at least she heard his voice… even if it was in a prerecorded message and so Jess did what she always did best. She left a voicemail. “Hey stranger…I miss you.”

@Littlefeets - Paige and Kiara Mentioned (Aka Kai’s Kids)/ and Jezebel too
@astxrism - Dori Mentioned
@novella - Kiara Mentioned
@CerealKiller - Andy very briefly mentioned

2 Likes

The “Something Old” - 2031 - Part 7

“Jess… what happened?”

In the last few minutes, Jessica Pierce had practically jumped out of the bath she had been soaking in, not even caring to grab a towel despite dripping water everywhere, and ran outside grabbing the box of her mother’s things that were now moved to her own room. What? Jess was doing what any good journalist did - recon. Though, she was so stuck in her own head about what she just read that she hadn’t even given Dori a response since he had returned from reading their little girl to bed.

“It just… it bloody couldn’t be true Dorian… I just… let me just fcking check,” Jess muttered, emptying the box of pictures on her bed and going through them. While she had perused them before, Jessica hadn’t really taken the time to look at any of them. On the backs of most of them, Jess found dates with a simple phrase - usually along the lines of “Leo and me” on them. A few said Leonardo but none of them noted what Jess was hoping - though it was written clear as fcking day in the diary.

“Hey… talk to me,”

Jess felt Dori’s arms wrap around behind her, and for a second, Jess closed her eyes allowing her husband’s touch to calm her. “Azure is a common last name right? It has to be? Because in no world did my mother date Kai’s father… right?” Jess finally whispered, though clearly with the silence filling the room, she wasn’t the only one thinking… well… yeah.

“So that guy you’ve been reading about…”

“Is apparently Leonardo Azure according to this part of the diary,”

“Azure like…”

“I need to go talk to my mother… right now…,”

“Jess wait…”

“No Dori… I kind of feel like I need an answer tonight or I won’t be able to bloody sleep…”

“No Jess, that’s not…”

"Stop trying to talk me out of it love,

“Oh my god, Jess, I’m just trying to say, IF YOU WOULD LET ME, you might want to wear some clothes before storming into your mom’s room.”

Jess looked down and a sigh left her lips. Right. She was naked.

@Littlefeets
@astxrism

2 Likes

20220406_122237

#Friends

Starring

Destiny Howard
Adonis Loverhack

4th January 2040

Destiny stood near a wall with a red cup in her hand. People moved around the room in calm yet energetic states since the party was beginning to wind down. parties were definitely a regular occurrence for her but this was one of the better ones. Still, she sipped out of her cup, wondering where the night was going to lead since it could still get crazy - and looking at Adonis from across the room. You see, she had been absentmindedly glancing at him when she was talking to her friends and overall enjoying herself, but now her head turned to fully look at what he was doing. His usual crazy charismatic smile appeared on his face as he started talking to two girls and a guy, though this time he seemed to have more energy from the way he was moving. He must of been drunk. Suddenly, a strand of jet black hair appeared in front of Destiny as her friend Rachel, who towered over her leaned in. "He’s such a weirdo"Her finger gestured to Adonis. “Like, do you have to act annoying at every party you’re at?” Rachels face was contorted into a confused smile. “Plus he’s a nightmare while drinking. He can’t even control the way he drinks.”
“Yeah…” She let out a small laugh. “Not a surprise.”
“How do you even hang out with him?” Destiny looked up at Rachel’s face and could see the words. “You must like him.” Written all over it. Rachel never expressed to Destiny that she believed she liked Adonis but her face sometimes spoke the most words.
“I don’t.” They both begin to watch him again out of pure boredom. Now he was laughing extra loud and playfully wrestling with a muscle head across the room. She didn’t really like Rachel calling him a weirdo and she actually missed his friendship and all of the entertaining, yet annoying antics he had. He was always charismatic in a goofy way. Sadly things ended off on a bad note a few months ago…

Summary

20220406_122314~2

3rd November 2039

The sounds of shoes shuffling echoed across the dark street, While Adonis’s Grey sleeve covered her shoulder from the cold night. She, Adonis, and a group of friends had just left a small gathering and now they were walking to the parking lot. “Destiny you’re my best friend.” He said with a joking tone. All she could do was laugh and say. "Yes, yes we are best friends."Were they really best friends? No, not at all. In fact he was annoying her all night with his sarcastic “jokes” that made her feel insecure. (Even if they weren’t offensive she still got offended) “Hey” Destiny turned her body backwards to see Ariana showing her something on her phone. “I didn’t know you had a mole on your neck.” Her body became stiff for a second as annoyance overcame her, especially after her friend laughed. “Alright, you’re doing too much now, that’s annoying.” She pulled away from him while noticing Adonis frowning but smiling at the same time. “You know I’m just playing Des.”
“Well I don’t like your jokes. I actually hate when you joke like that, so stop.” She looked at him seriously.
“But, its not meant to be serious.”
“I don’t care”
“I think you’re being a little sensitive.” He looked behind him and started laughing at something someone was doing behind him, which made Destiny even more irritated. She started walking ahead and waiting for her friend to come with her.

738b1b31093a1e096f51decdf2060085

An hour later, mingling dwindled and she found herself standing across the room, Adonis being right across from her near a couch. She felt someone walk behind her so she looked to see who it was. It was a guy who was creeping up behind Adonis, a guy who randomly had a banana in his hand. Where he got it? She didn’t know. She watched in amusement as he slowly began placing it on Adonis’s head. Ah classic joke. Adonis turned around abruptly and the banana fell off his head. “Hey, Hey!” Adonis playfully punched the guy "haha, chill, chill"Destiny started laughing and looking at Adonis, unknowingly hoping he would lock eyes with her. He never did.

A few hours later, a picture of Adonis being drunk was taken on someones phone and after that, a rumor about someone having guns occured at the party which made everyone leave, leaving that as the last interaction, being months, before prom.

The End

@Kristi

Hopefully this is accurate :blush:

1 Like

Screenshot_20220410-164540~3

The sound of heels clicking on the floor echoed across the white hallway as Kara walked to the elevator. There seemed to be multiple misfortunes happening to her today and it was slowly starting to aggravate her. For one, her hair looked like a birds nest and her usual routine didn’t help anything. Then after parking somewhere to get coffee, she forgot where she put her car. Exhaustion settled on her shoulders from talking to her friends all day at the mall about Katherine’s strange work presentation there, but of course she didn’t say anything because that would get her kicked out of her friend group. Her finger pressed the elevator button. As if her bad luck really just wanted to say hello again, she couldn’t remember if she brought her car keys with her or not so she huffed and started searching through her purse that was hanging around her shoulder. The ding of the elevator opening captured her attention which caused her to look up. As soon as she looked up she locked eyes with Dorian and immediately looked down again, pretending that she was still looking for the keys she already found. “What-” She thought to herself when walking inside.

The elevator door closed in front of them while she stood against the wall looking at the ceiling. She pretended to look at the wall beside him but decided to look at him again. Then her eyes trailed to the floor, followed by tapping her shoes on the floor.
He looked better over the years apparently. Not that she really cared. Okay…she did care a little bit. It was interesting that he was here anyways. “Haven’t seen him since high school…long time ago…not that old…wonder what he’s doing now…Elodie…” These thoughts formed in her head as she looked at the elevator door. “Please don’t talk… please don’t talk…going to be awkward…” There was a strange aura of uncertainty between them. She really didnt know if she liked him as a person or not but she also wanted to know what was going on in his life.

@astxrism Dorian

@benitz786 Since you wanted to see

2 Likes

Want to know what it was like dating Veronica Charlotte Parker? No, no you don’t. Trust Enrique. In retrospect, however, it was a lot of this - this banter right here. Going back and forth and just fcking with one another until one of them surrendered to the other. Ricky raised his eyebrows as she noted this his dck was questionable and gave her a dead stare in her eyes. “Really now? Because the last time I fcked you, you didn’t seemed to mind my questionable dck as you screamed my name.” Ricky stated nonchalantly. “OH my gawd. Oh my… oh fck… harder… you’re so bi-… starting to ring a bell?” Rick asked, mimicking what he intentioned to be his version of her voice.

“And why would I care? Anyone thinking that we’re doing anything is out of their mind.” Rick added as he watched her slowly put her things away. Was she finally going to go check if Diego was near the door? Let’s fcking hope because the conversation was becoming stale, in his mind at least… okay fine he just wanted as little time alone in a room with VC as possible. Was that too much to ask? No? Yes? SEEMED FCKING LIKE IT.

“It’s cute you thought I was actually asking. I wasn’t.,” . Ricky was quick to reply to her words - honestly, it had truly become a habit to respond to every word of hers with a snarky response. Sure… fine… supposedly she didn’t break up with him because she didn’t want him, she did it for her dad or whatever but it was still a fcking sh!tty way to handle things. So should he be nicer? Why… why the fck would he? Instead, he just waited for her to leave as he wrote his name on the mirror. It seemed more fun, after all. “Who said I wanted you to take it down? You know what…” Ricky started, and on the mirror, he put an arrow and wrote “Guess which girl I was with” on the side, allowing room for responses.

“Now do me a favor. Check back in here in a few hours and tell me what they say. And… go distract Diego. Thanks. I’ll make sure to tip you well,” he added, looking at her as he ushered her outside again.

@CerealKiller

1 Like

vc new 2

Veronica’s jaw dropped in a you did not just say that manner, almost instantly claiming that it sounded nothing like her ”hmmmm… not sure it rings a bell, sorry darling, might need a reminder” she let out with a light smirk, soon realising what she had said and ended the sentence in a more banter-like joking tone to avoid any possible weirdness. ”or… maybe not”

”never said you should, I don’t care either, just letting you know what people could possibly think in case you grew a conscious” she added while putting her things back in her purse

”you know what, fine, I’ll check on Diego, but don’t flatter yourself I’m not doing this for you, you’re still acting like a bloody child for all I can see” she stated, though in retrospect she kind of did do that for him. But also not really, why would she? He was sort of a dck to her, even though she low-key enjoyed the ping pong snarky banter going on there, it reminded her of old times. If there was something she could say about her relationship with Enrique it would be that it was for sure never boring, they always had the chemistry and banter, it almost felt natural, even now when he stubbornly stuck to the idea of hating her guts.

”and let’s say I distract Diego, and you sneak out of the girls bathroom like a little criminal, theres no way you actually think you’ll manage to avoid him forever is there?” she asked curiously with a raised brow as turning back to him once again. I mean, let a girl be curious, boy wasn’t making any sense I swear

@benitz786

Shay’s Gwenius Plans - 2036

OKAY LISTWN. Shay DeLoughrey may be only 5 years old, but she has some AMAZINGLISIOUS plans okay? OKAY? God Nugget Andy agrees so you all have to agree too. It’s a rule. Annnnnywayyyyyys, do you want to hear some of her plans? Yes? WELL. There was that one-time last week where Shay convinced her dad to let her eat gummy bears at night after that scawy dream, SO SEE? GREAT AMAZING PLANS RIGHT HERE. Someone should hire Shay for her planning skills. OHHH MAYBE THAT WOULD BE HER ADULT JOB. Shay DeLoughrey - Amazinglisious planner. She liked it. SOMEONE TRADEMARKEY THIS THANKS.

Anywaysssss, back to the point. Shay had some great plans and some of those plans involved making sure her little sister was happy - which at the current moment, she was not. See heeereee was the issue. Shay’s mommy left a few days ago to finish something with her show. ISN’T THAT COOL? HER MAMA MADE A SHOW ON TV AND IT SHOWED ON HER SCREEN AT HOME… but mama said she wasn’t allowed to watch it until she was a big gorl but she WAS a big gorl :frowning: That was another issue, buuut back to the point. Her mama would be gone for a few more days AND her daddy had just REMINDED Shay and Zoe that he would be leaving for a game in France TONIGHT for a few WEEKS. AND HE WASN’T TAKING THEM :sob: That meant that…that both Shay and Zoe would be stuck with the mean nannies who always invited their friends over and ignored them when daddy wasn’t home. Booooorrring. So obviously, Zoe was crying. Well, their dad wassss leaving tonight so Shay could understand why Zoe was sad. Honestly, if Shay hadn’t made her BRILLENTLY plan, then she would be sad too. Buuuuut, Shay had made a plan soooooo SHE WASN’T SAD. yay.

“It’s okay baby, I’ll be home soon and mommy will be back in a few days and you won’t even miss me,”

Shay watched as her dad kneeled over Zoe’s bed and tried to calm the crying girl down as he attempted to put her to sleep. “N…no…you…no leave” Zoe got out between her cries and Shay being her GOOD big sister self jumped out of her bed and walked over to her swisters bed and wrapped her arms around the little girl. SEE SHAY’S A BIG GORL MOM. “It’s okayyyyyyy Zoeeeee, we’ll seeeee daddyy soon.” Shay said, kissing the girl on the cheek. ANNND YES. Shay meant very soon. Remember - Shay had greaaaat plans.

SOOO DADDY THOUGHT BOTH SHAY AND ZOE WERE ASLEEP BUT SHH GUESS WHAT? SHAY WASN"T ASLEEP. She knew her daddy was leaving in a little bit and soooo she had to start her plan now. Sneaking out of bed, Shay shook her little sister. “Zoooeee daddy’s gonna leave. Comeee on we have to go with himmm” Shay whispered - and it was clearly a plan that Zoe agreed with because even in her sleepy confused state, Zoe got up and held Shay’s hand with her other hand holding onto her favorite bear.

Shay pulled her sister out of the room, and tip-toed over to her dad’s room where there was a biiiiiigggg suitcase. Seee - Shay’s BRILLENT plan included going WITH her dad. Wasn’t it genwis? YES, yes it was. Anyways - her dad was downstairs and she could hear him talking to the nannies. Buuut that was irrelevant, because right now, Shay had struggled a little to get his big bag open and when she did, she told Zoe to help her get his clothes out. I mean… how were they going to fit huh? SOOOO after getting most of the clothes out (with Shay doing all the work because Zoe was sooooo slow), Shay pulled the suitcase out of her daddy’s room so it was outside, closed daddy’s door so no one would see the clothes all over, and then Shay told her little sister the REAL plan. “OKAY zoe. We’re going to hide in here and then we’ll go with daddy to his game okay? Then we’ll be with daddy.”

That seemed to make her sister happy because the girl immediately brightened up and got in the bag. The two had left a few clothes on the bottom so it would be like a bed and and and then when Zoe got in, Shay did too and closed the bag so it was dark.

“Of course Mr. DeLoughrey. I’ll check in on the girls in just a little bit… let me go grab your bag for you. Everything will go great,”

Everything outside was a lil mumbled, but Shay did hear steps coming up the stairs and then she heard her babysitter zip up the bag and theeeeen the bag started movinnng. YAAY. THEY WOULD BE WITH THEIR DAD. “Ow” Shay heard her sister mumbled and Shay sighed. “Shhh Zoeee, we have to bee quietttt,”

“It…its dwark”

Okay… yes it was dark but it was fine. When Shay and Zoe were laying on their back again, Shay put her finger where the little zipper was and made a little hole so there was a little light coming in. See - PROBLEM SOLVER RIGHT HERE. It was a loooooong time before they started moving again. For a while, Shay and Zoe were just laying on their back in the back of the… um car? Probably, thing were moving around them and and Shay heard music but but it wasn’t the music she usually listened to with her dad. THE SINGER SAID A BAD WORD. Gasp. But Shay and Zoe entertained themselves. “pssst are you excited to go with daddy?”

“Mmhm,” Okay maybe entertained was subjective, but Zoe was clearly tired because she fell asleep realllllyyy quickly in the car but Shay was too excited so she just listened to the music and watched through the lil hole she created.

OKAY THEY’RE MOVING AGAIN. Shay had felt the car stop moving and then she was upright again in the suitcase. Shay’s arms were around her little sister so that she wouldn’t move too much, buuut she was more interested in watching things move through the little hole she made. First they were in a garageee and then they were in a bright room. Maybe the airport? Probably.

“Hey Jess. Yeah, I’m in line to check my bag right now, but I just wanted to call and check-in. How’s the show? Good, I’m glad. Tell my look-alike to do his job right but yeah, they’ll be fine. The nannies are there looking after them… but yeah, Zoe was crying for a while. I know… I know but they’re just kids, they’ll be fine and you’ll be there in 2 days. Oh… hold up, I’m at the front. I’ll call you back when I’m in the team jet. I love you too,”

Shay was distracted by listening to her daddy talking to her mom that she didn’t even realize that Zoe had woken up. AND NOT ONLY WOKEN UP, SHE WAS STICKING HER HAND OUT OF THE HOLE AND MAKING IT BIGGER. “ZOE STOP IT,” Oops… did she just scream. No one noticed right? Yep…

“Sir… we’re going to… need you to open that for us”

Oops. Shay’s entire world went sideways (probably because her dad just laid the suitcase down again) and then there was a briiiight light after the zipper Zoe had stuck her hand out of opened up. IT TOOK A FEW SECONDS for Shay’s eyes to get used to the bright light, but then she saw her dad kneeling down looking at her and her sister. “DADDY… HAI”

Zoe immediately jumped out of the suitcase and went into their dad’s arms.

Her dad just stayed still for a few moments, looking back at the flight attendant with his hand on his head. “I… have no idea how to explain this.”

“Daddy we just wanted to come with you,” Shay responded for him since he needed someone to explain it. “Annnnnd Zoe was soooo sad soo soo I had an idea and so we went in your suitcase to swuprise you. SWUPRISE.” Shay yelled, hugging her dad who let out a sigh. BUUT it wasn’t a happy sigh. WHHYY wasn’t it a happy sigh huh?

“Sir… can you step aside. We need to ask you some questions,”

Shay looked up and saw a biiiiiig man in a blue suit talking to her dad who was still holding Zoe.

WELL THAT WAS LONG. Shay and Zoe spent foreeeeever sitting outside while her daddy was in a glass room talking to the man wearing a blue suit. AND THEN THE BLUE SUIT MAN also asked her and Zoe a few questions like why she was in the suitcase. She wanted to go with her dad, duh. Was it that hard to understand her plan? And then after a while, her daddy finally came out, and went on his knees to look at both Zoe and her. “Shay, Zoe. Don’t ever do that again. You could have gotten hurt. God, what the heck was going through your mind? I left both of you at home an hour and a half ago…”

“But we wanted to… come with you daddy… and… and… we…I… I’m sorry,” the words left her lips with a soft whisper as tears started instantly falling down her eyes realizing her dad was mad at her. She didn’t want her dad mad :(. “Daddy… donut?”

Shay turned towards Zoe who pointed towards the vending machine. COME ON ZOE, READ THE ROOM DAD’S MAD AT US. “No donut Zoe. We’re going home and you’re going to bed right now.”

Holding Zoe, Shay grabbed her dad’s hand when he put it out for her, and then she walked with him in silence as she sobbed.

The ride home was worse. Zoe asked for music and her dad said NO. He was really mad. Like REALLY mad. And and then they were home and and when they walked in, Shay saw her nanny KISSING a boy. Like mommy and daddy kissed, but it was her nanny and someone she didn’t know on the couch.

“You’re fired. Get out,” Shay heard her dad say as he walked inside and her nanny jumped up and looked shocked at her dad being there.

All she knew now was that her dad had taken both Zoe and her up to the room, and then went back downstairs maybe to talk to the nanny? But then a few minutes later her dad was back in their room. “Shay come here,” She heard her dad say as he walked to Zoe’s bed. Shay walked over to him and he pulled her up in his arms and then grabbed a tired Zoe in the other arm. “What you two did today wasn’t okay, do you understand? You two can’t ever do that again, promise me.”

“I…I"m sowwy daddy,” Shay whispered, a pout on her face.

“It’s okay Shay, but look. If I hadn’t found you in there, then you would have ended up in the back of a plane and it’s very very cold back there. Or what if they lost you munckin? Remember that time we went to California and they lost my bag? What if they lost you? What would I do without you?.” “I…I…I’m sowwy daddy. I didn’t… I didn’t know.”

“I know you didn’t… but next time, promise me if you ever have a plan, you tell me okay? I love you.”

“I luv you too daddy,”

“ME TOO” Zoe screamed, and Shay felt her dad laugh slightly as he kissed Zoe and then her, before holding the two tightly for a longggg time.

@astxrism
@CerealKiller - God Nugget Andy Mentioned

2 Likes

Honeymoon Adventures - 2031

“I loveeeee you nugget,” Jess smiled, looking at her daughter through Dori’s phone. Dorian had FINALLLYY let her call their daughter since it was a reasonable time in Beryl and soooo Jess had spent more than an hour talking to Shay after waking up… well… talking mostly meaning that Jess was talking and Shay was babbling adding in a random word here and there that she had learned. “Maaaaaaaamaaa” shay squealed with a yawn soon after her words and a pout met Jess’ lips as her daughter reached for her through the phone. Jess had found herself leaning on Dori who was currently in bed with her watching their daughter, and soon shot him a frown at their daughter’s movement knowing she couldn’t hold her daughter - SEE DORI SHE WILL BE TRAUMATIZED. “Come here sweetie, I’m thinking it’s might be time for your nap and your mom and dad have to go now,” Jess watched as Davina appeared on the call, picking Shay up who - albeit tired - was still reaching for her parents through the screen… or attempting to.

“Davina Davina… ask Shay if she wants to be a stripper and tell her we support it no matter what but she’s only doing it because we abandoned her then tell her she doesn’t have to okay??”

“Our daughter is not becoming a… mom just ignore Jess. Shay’s not becoming a strip…”

“And WHAT’S wrong with stripping? It’s a valid career choice, Love.”

“For fcks sake. Bye mom, tell the potato I love her,”

“HEY she’s not a potato.”

A laugh met Jess ears from the other end and after it halted, Davina added “Bye you two, have fun.” before it cut off and another frown met her lips. “Whhhat If I called again just to make sure she was okay??”

“Nope, because you’re just going to ask if we traumatized her and if she wants to become a stripper and the answer to both is now - trust me, I speak baby. Anyways we’re burning daylight, Jess and we have to get to the spa in… less than an hour.,”

A sigh left her lips as she felt his arms tighten around her with his lips soon meeting her neck. “Fine, fine I’ll get ready but we’re going to come back to this stripper question later,” Jess added playfully, turning around and properly kissing the man before hopping out of bed to go to the bathroom.

“We’re so happy to have you here, Mr. and Mrs. DeLoughrey. Our world-class spa has amenities that canno…”

“Why the bloody hell is it Mr and Mrs? When will it be Mrs and Mr? Why doesn’t the bloody girl come first in this world-class establishment?” What? Okay sureeee the male attendant was probably just doing his job but it felt MYSOGINISTIC that Dori’s Mr came first. Like - excuse me?

“I don’t… I’m sorry for offending you Mrs. DeLoughrey… it was not my intention. I’ll… keep your note in mind for the future and we’ll throw in a discount for… this incident… Right… as I was saying. Our world-class spa has amenities that cannot be compared to others and you and your husband have picked our best package available including services all day. Here’s the schedule, and we’ll have you started with the couple’s mud bath. Please let me know if you have any additional questions, and we’ll have someone lead you out to where you can get out of your clothes and take a rinse before going in.”

Well that was - professional. Okay did Jess get them a discount? Yes - was that her intention? No. But you welcome Dori. As the man led them towards the private room for their mud bath, Jess placed her hand in Dori’s as they walked together.

——

“You sure she’s okay?”

Sure… Jessica probably stayed quiet in the mud bath for about 3 and a half minutes. Look - silence was never her strong suit and Dori should have realized that when he married her. In other words, the “tranquil” mud bath wasn’t exactly going to be tranquil and they had to stay in it for another 30 minutes.

“Yes,”

“What if she woke up from a nightmare?”

“Then my mom will handle it,”

“What if she’s dreaming about being a stripper?”

“Jess… she is not… she’s dreaming about how wonderful a soccer player her dad is.”

“What if…?”

“Jess relax”

A sigh left her lips as Dori held her hand from his bath which was situated next to her. “You know, darling, you really bloody paid to sit in water and dirt in the quiet. We 100% could have done that for free on a rainy day and anyways, how can you bloody relax when our daughter is thousands of miles from us?.”

“Shh don’t question it. Just think about something else…”

“Like what?”

“Like everything I’m going to do to you when we’re alone”

“mmm you mean everything I’m going to do when we’re alone? Don’t forget - that BuzzFeed quiz we took when I was 15 said I was a top, and you were a bottom”

“Alright that’s bull sh!t, we both know it was the opposite. You had a whole thing where you complained it was wrong.”

“Nope, you’re wrong”

“Oh am I? Fine - let’s do it again.”

Jess watched as her husband grabbed his phone from the floor and then handed it to her. “Go ahead, we both know you’re wrong.” Raising her eyebrow, Jess gave him a oh you think you can beat me look before grabbing it from him and opening it up. Here’s the thing though - she knew he was right. The test was 100% wrong when she took it the first time soooo she just didn’t take it again. Instead, Jess went to his browser thinking about what to search up. What caused her to type what she did - who knows. Well - maybe it was the recollection of a conversation she had with Andy around the same time she was doing those BuzzFeed quizzes with a young Dori - one which involved reading Andy fanfiction which she would need to start doing again and messing with Andy but since she was currently around her husband and for some reason had never done this before, she found herself searching “Dorian DeLoughrey Fanfiction” on his phone revealing a shocking amount of stories.

“Pick a number 1 through 5”

“It’s your quiz Jess. You’re just trying to use some of my top energy so that you get that too.”

“Just do it, love. Please.”

“Fine, 1”

“Alright, you ready? This one’s called “In the crowd”.” Clearing her throat, Jess smiled as she looked at him. “You never expect the day that you’re going to meet the person that’s going to be your soulmate - trust me, I definitely didn’t. Was I supposed to be at the Soccer game alone today? No. Was it luck that I found myself on the megatron? Or… was it fate? Well, Dorian DeLoughrey would tell me today, it was fate because the instant he set his eyes on me that day - he knew he wanted me.”

“What the fck are you reading… are you…”

“Oh shush. Don’t you want to know how you fell in love with a girl who wasn’t your fan and wasn’t supposed to be at the game in the first place?”

“No I really don…”

“Shh it’s getting good.”

So did Jess bother her husband for the next four spa treatments by reading a VARIETY of fanfiction about himself to him? Yes. Yes Jessica did.

during face masks

“I’m just confused at why you dropped coffee on this girl, darling. And you told your secretary to deal with it? How sh!tty of you.”

“I don’t even have a secretary”

during a massage

“WOAH YOU TOOK HER ON YOUR PRIVATE JET AND JOINED THE MILE HIGH CLUB? Rude - never did that with me.”

“For fcks sake…”

“Okay but this sex scene… amazing. How come you never wear a cowboy hat in our bedroom…”

“Okay we’re done”

Jess frowned when her husband grabbed the phone out of her hand. The two were now taking a relaxation break in their room - which she imagined was for a nap in between all the treatments they were getting. They had an hour to take a nap apparently and Dorian had the audacity to take the phone away. “Love, how will I know what you do with the lasso in the bedroom now? You were just about to use it too.”

“How about instead of reading fake sh!t, we just do… something…. Real?” Jess felt his arms wrap around her and a small smile met her cheeks.

"mmm fine… but after that we find out about what you do with that lasso”

"I don’t think you’ll have time to find out,”

@astxrism

1 Like

Jords

It was funny… no honestly. this whole fcking situation was just hilarious. One would imagine that after growing up in a world filled with deception, and lies, and abuse that after a certain time, it wouldn’t hurt as much. Numb to the pain… isn’t that the phrase? Maybe there was some truth to that…. after all… Jordan was numb to his own fathers murder. But when it comes from the one person that Jordan Williams loved more than anyone else in the world, it killed him. The thought of what happened shattered his heart and he could only find his mind reeling as he replayed the moment again and again and again in his head. But it still came back to one thing:

She didn’t deny it. And honestly, that look in her eyes told him everything he needed to know.

Jezebel Sloane had… well… does it even matter anymore? Here Jordan was doing everything in his fvcking power to get a girl he thought he knew back… only to realize that not only did he never actually know her… that she didn’t even love him. He was always a joke to her - a punchline that ended with the room bursting into a fit of laughs that never ended. It had to be a game right? Because if Jezebel had actually loved him… she would have told… she would have told him… she just…. She would have. Told him… chose him… but instead he found himself in playing checkers, while everyone around him was playing chess.

God. Was it al a joke? Could it all be… but it always… maybe his mind was deceiving him but for a time it felt real. Maybe after two years, he had forgotten the truth… maybe he was blinded… god… it hurt to even think anymore.

Years while he was pining over her, she hadn’t even given him a second thought? No… because she would have called if she did think of him right? If she was carrying his child… one would have at least expected a fcking call. But no - instead jordan found his best friend telling him the truth while someone he believed was the live of his life stood there denying… nothing.

It. Broke. Him.

If someone had the power to break him - that person was always Jezebel. So yes - here Jordan Williams was… starting at an imposter in the broken shards of a mirror that now surrounded the floor where he sat covered in little cuts. How he ended up here… well… after the 5th… 6th drink? God he didn’t know, all he knew was there was someone he didn’t recognize staring back at him and he hated that feeling.

Hated it.

@littlefeets - something I wrote on the flight. Don’t know if it makes sense but I’m running on 2 hours of sleep for the last day and a half sooooo - will edit later if it doesn’t

1 Like

Enrique
Surrender…yeah that was something that neither VC nor Enrique were often willing to do. Not now… not when they were dating but… at one point in their lives, the lack of surrendering could be quite fun. Take in the bedroom, for example. In retrospect, ever since Lenora, Ricky had a hard time surrendering any control. And VC… well… she was the first person in a while where he finally worked up to a point of being able to do that. He told her…. Everything. How football was just a passing hobby and his real dream was to become a marine biologist. How he sometimes felt like an outsider in his own family - though that was something he never revealed to his brothers who should have called him crazy. Though… now that Ricky knew the truth, that last part made sense. Part of him wondered what she thought about all of this. As someone who knew him better than most, knew how he felt, he had to wonder if the news of him being adopted ever surprised her because it sure as hell didn’t surprise him. Upset him - sure, but surprise him? No.

He was brought out of his thoughts at her words of his little sex mimic not ringing a bell though it was soon followed with the words if might need a reminder. A slight laugh left his lips with a huff and he found his eyes closing. What were the two of them doing? They weren’t anything anymore… were they? It was as if by instinct, Ricky found himself jumping off the sink where he was sitting and approaching her until she was now pushed against the back of the sink with him in front. Well, If she wanted to go there, let’s she’s how far she was willing to back her words up - though he had no intention to initiate anything. Maybe this was more of a reminder of what the weren’t… maybe it was Ricky just being is usual piece of sht self wanting to hurt a part of her, but he closed all the distance between them and brought his hand to the back of her waist pulling her closer against his…. Well…. We all know. “Maybe put your money where your mouth is” the words left his lips in a husky tone as those very lips lingered soon from her ears to her neck - wanting to know how she’d react. How her body would react… though he soon stopped all advances with her whisper of maybe not.

Though his body was still at no distance as it pressed against hers, he allowed his hands to move so that he couldn’t gently move a stray strand of hair behind her ear. “Maybe not…” he whispered back before finally moving away. After a few seconds the tension was cut with the sentiment of people thinking they were together in the bathroom if caught and honestly neither of them caring.

“If you think I grew a conscience, you really don’t know me at all anymore.” his sent her a slight smile - a running joke between them when they were younger and together - though that disappeared as he realized what he was doing.

“Oh fck off VC, you lost the ability to tell me to pick my act up when we broke up. Maybe I am being a fcking child in your eyes, but that’s none of your business and I’d personally like to avoid someone who technically doesn’t have to be tied to me anymore like Diego and Raph and Isabella because we both fcking know that I’d hurt them. Good for fcking Diego, he’s not stuck with a low life like me. Your not stuck with me either - you made that very fcking clear when we broke up. So please, out of the kindness of your cold, frozen heart, do Diego a favor and get him away so I can stop hurting him by just being the fcking piece of sht I always feel like. Thank you.”

Okay maybe that was a little more information that he should have given the girl in front of him but… well fck her. Fck everyone around him. Maybe Ricky was self destructive but at least he knew when to move away so he couldn’t implode on those he cared about.

“And maybe I can’t avoid them forever, VC, but trust me. After graduation, none of you will ever see me again. ”

@CerealKiller

2 Likes

Daniel and Dori frens misc (will change header at computer)

“Bull sht”

“It doesn’t count”

The tension in the air could be cut with a knife as a 12-year-old Daniel Parker stared eye-to-eye with one of his closest friends. Dorian knew he was wrong - he had to, but the man also knew how to push Dan’s buttons. Either way, the situation was clear. The two had made a bet and Daniel won that bet.

“You said I couldn’t get a goal in, I did”

“We both know that this doesn’t count. Want to call Andy, bet you anything he’ll side with me on this.”

“Oh no sht, call your bloody cousin to make the deciding vote. Why don’t I just ask Jess to do it then? Her, Jez, and Elo are upstairs anyways”

“No… not… the she devil.”

“Dare you to call Jess that to her face. And why? Cause you know I won our bet and are afraid to admit that I got a goal against future soccer star Dorian DeLoughrey?”

“You think I’m afraid to call Jess a she devil? HEY JESS, YOU’RE THE DEVIL.”

Daniel watched as his friend cupped his hands - screaming the words throughout Dan’s house. It took a few seconds, but soon enough a reply emerged being loudly screamed back.

“SAYS THE BLOODY VILLAGE IDIOT.

Dan watched as Dorian rolled his eyes, only to turn back towards Dan while grabbing a water and opening the top. “Anyways, this doesn’t count. You cheated.”

“Ohhh did I? Please explain how I cheated? Did I or did I not get that soccer ball past the net?” Again - the answer is, Dan did. Duh.

“That doesn’t… technically you did but it’s not…”

“Did we or did you not bet that I could get a goal against you??” Yes, yes they did.

“Sure but again it doesn’t coun….”

“Just because you didn’t specify that the game had to be in person doesn’t mean that the video game doesn’t count. You said soccer - that’s a soccer video game. And my player beat your player so as far as I see to - 1. You need to specify more when you make bets, 2. You need to accept the fact that you lost against me, and 3. You need to accept your losses and do what we bet.” And there we go - the devil’s in the details, isn’t it? Soccer video game or not - Dan still won against Dorian in a soccer game and that was something he knew he’d mention over and over again throughout their friendship which would probably last a long time. What could Dan say? He was loyal.

“And I really have to….”

“Serenade Jessica in front of Elo, and the rest of our friends? Yes.”

“NOPE doesn’t count. I’m calling Andy.”

@astxrism
@CerealKiller mentioned
@Littlefeets mentioned

2 Likes

2036 - Leon’s First Love

:musical_note: Polaroid Love - ENHYPEN :musical_note:

You know those moments when you know you’re with the person you’re meant to be with? For Napoleon and Atlas, this was one of those moments. It was their two-month anniversary and to celebrate, the two of them had planned a skating date since that was what brought them together in the first place. “Napoleon, look!” Leon turned around to see Atlas diving onto the ice. “I’m a penguin!” He exclaimed, giggling as he slid across the ice on his stomach with his arms stretched out behind him. Leon chuckled as he skated towards where the other boy had ended up, shaving the ice as he skidded to a stop.

Falling in love for the first time felt exactly how Leon had imagined it would. Especially after the year he just had, it was like a breath of fresh air. The first break of sunlight after a storm. It was rainbows, kittens and everything good in the world but most of all, it was innocent, untainted. As pure as the ice they were skating on. It came with all the emotions that he’d read about in his books, only now he truly understood what they meant. Then, of course, there was the inescapable irony of the fact that after spending so much time denying his sexuality, the first person he fell in love with was a man.

“You know, one of these days you’re going to hurt yourself.” Leon commented as he helped him up off the ice, dusting the snow off of his clothing. He also ruffled his hair for no purpose other than he knew that his boyfriend absolutely hated it when he did that.

“You worry too much.” The Australian boy returned, shooting him a look and smoothing out his hair. He slid closer to Leon so that the two now had no distance between them, taking Leon’s hands in his as he did so and looking him in the eyes. “Relax, figure skates. Did you like my penguin impression? I worked very hard on it.” He said this while maintaining eye contact but by the end of his sentence, he couldn’t keep a straight face and soon both boys were laughing. Leon opened his mouth to speak but had to wait a few seconds until he finished laughing.

“You’re a very cute penguin, nae sarang,” Leon responded to appease his boyfriend, softly kissing him. “But we came here to skate, not slide around on our stomachs.” He said with a small smirk as he pulled away.

“Made you smile though.”

“You say that like it’s something that never happens.”

“A real smile, Napoleon, not your-” Atlas let go of Leon’s hands and stiffened himself up, clearly mocking Leon’s posture while putting on an obviously fake smile. “-‘if I don’t smile my coach is going to kill me’ smile.”

“I always smile when I’m with you,” He protested, the smile on his face remaining genuine but turning shy. He watched as his boyfriend relaxed his body, shaking out his arms and legs and he laughed at how silly he looked. “Nae sarang, are you okay?”

“Ne but I don’t know how you stand like that all the time. It’s exhausting.”

“Atlas, it’s my natural posture.” He insisted but he still put his hands in his pockets in an attempt to seem more relaxed.

“I think it’s really cute that you think doing that changes something.” Atlas quipped, smiling but as Leon moved to take his hands out of his pockets, he placed his hand on top of his arms, stopping him from moving. “I’m just teasing, naekkeo.” He added, wrapping his arms around his waist and kissing him on the cheek.

“I hate you.” Leon muttered as he rested his chin on his boyfriend’s shoulder, embracing him.

“You love me.” The aforementioned boyfriend countered and Leon audibly sighed.

“You’re right…” He teased and he trailed off as he held him closer. Atlas was his safe place, someone he knew he could be vulnerable with and who protected and comforted him in those moments. He had come into Leon’s life at its lowest point and picked up all the broken pieces of Napoleon Park, gently putting them back together. He made him feel more confident showing their love in public and even made him hate his name a little less. So, Leon finished his sentence with the only thing that seemed appropriate, “I love you, Atlas.”

Translations

Nae sarang = My love
Naekkeo = Mine/my sweetheart
Ne = Yes

Daddy’s Always Right - 2025

“NOOOOO” the squeal of the little girl met Dan’s ears as she bounced on his chest. Let’s just say… the two were simply having a little… disagreement… for the last hour and a half. What do you want? The kid just didn’t understand that Dan was right and maybe Dan was too stubborn to let her win… even if she was his daughter.

“Yeeeess, darling” Dan stated knowingly. I mean, obviously - dan was the all-knowing god. In this case, all-knowing dad. Obviously, all-knowing - I mean, he was bloody DANIEL PARKER.

“Noo daddy no” she stated with a huff and dan simply rolled his eyes as she frowned with determination. Relentless, who’s kid was she even? Oh yeah. His. Sigh.

“Yes baby”, you’re wronggggg” Dan noted in a song song voice.

“No youuuu, daddy”

“Nuh uh, you are” Dan countered IMMEDIATELY. Someone needed to put this kid in her place.

“No”

“Yes”

“NO”

“YES”

“Mmmmammmma”

A laugh met his lips as his 3-year-old clearly had his stubbornness. “You know what, sure let’s call mama. MAAMA COME IN HERE PLEASE.” Daniel smiled as his beautiful wife walked into the room a few minutes later, her hair still wet from the shower he would have loved to join her in. But alas, this child wouldn’t relent.

“What are my two favorite people up to?”

“Mama mama mama I’m a better dan…dancer than daddy. Tell daddy.”

A pout met Dan’s lips. “And tell HER SHEs WRONG”

Val looked at the two, eyebrow raised. “Dan…”

“I’m pretty bloody good come on”

A laugh met Val’s lips… you know… one of those… I have a plan laughs and Dan watched as she went and picked up their little girl. “You know what, I say it’s time for a dance-off.” A laugh met VCs lips as Val started tickling her. “Alexa, play umbrella by Rihanna”

“ YAYYYYY” the scream left his daughter’s lips and Dan’s confidence faltered.
“Wait wait wait that’s not fai-“

“Come on dan, show us how good you are. You’re not backing down now, are you?”

@CerealKiller

2 Likes

Cinderella - 2018

:musical_note: Play This :musical_note:

fa6e93e6a5621e3fc7dec8039bf5b691 7c76e81fa257501e0704a92ccf8dc7aa e9b8e72997a7c07ee49517603848c207 aeccbb73a6acea25ea39a93d7f093a72

“So how about we make this bloody party more interesting, then, Mr. Downer?”

Dan rolled his eyes, fixing his tie as he looked in the mirror of his hotel room. His cousin was lounging around on the bed – entering the room uninvited, of course. Though, Dan could never exactly say no to Jess, so her making herself at home was pretty much the bloody norm. Annddd fine, he did miss her… just a little… tiny bit….tiny. A year and a half of not having her in Beryl made the entire experience a bloody bore. “Would have been more interesting if you didn’t invite the De-Idiot. I mean, at least it’s one of the interesting DeLoughrey’s, but still.” Daniel responded – mentioning her date, otherwise known as Dylan DeLoughrey, who was currently in another room getting ready. Dan was perceptive enough to notice the slightest frown meet his cousin’s lips at his comment, and he knew it was because part of her missed the other idiot but let’s be honest, Jess was better off without that btch ass Dorian. If only Jess knew about the sh!t Dorian had spread about Jess when she left, but, he rather not put his cousin through any pain – especially when it involved an irrelevant individual who would never be in her life again. “Fine, what’s the proposition” Daniel added before she could say anything about his comment – an attempt to bring her spirits back up.

“Well, darling, I dare you…. to get through this entire party as an American and not mention you’re the “revered” Daniel Parker. I think you could pass as a Scott.”

“Do I look like a bloody Scott,? My god, don’t answer that question. The answer is fck no. Anyways, how do you propose our family won’t recognize me?”

“It’s a mascarade, love. Pull a Cinderella – if that idiot prince charming had to check the feet of the entire kingdom to find a blonde white chick, I’m sure you wearing a mask and changing your accent could convince everyone in the room you’re someone else”

“Yeah…no. How about I not take life advice from a children’s book?”

“Oh come on you party pooper. Oh, I get it, you just can’t do it.”

“I could do it, I just don’t want to. Americans are terrible, and I’m the opposite. Darling, I’m bloody amazing. Why the hell would I want to pretend to be anyone but the amazing Daniel Parker

“You don’t have to lie to me Dan, I’ve heard your American accent. It’s abysmal…”

“Excuse you, it is no-”

“No no, it’s okay Danny. I get it, it’s too hard…”

“YOU KNOW WHAT FINE. JUST YOU BLOODY WATCH.”

A smile fell on his cousin’s lips and a sigh left Daniel’s lips at the realization that he was just handled. Damn you Jess. “Ground rules, Scott. You can’t tell anyone your real name, and if our family recognizes you, you lose.”

“I’M NOT A BLOODY SCOTT”

“Sure, Scott,”

“Good Evening. Scott is it? The Duchess Pierce sent me over here telling me that I just had to talk to you. I’m the Duke of Lavington – close relation to the Queen of course, but don’t worry, I won’t make you bow. I’m doing a new farming expansion in the Netherlands, and she told me you have an expertise in it in the States? Tell me, how is it farming in… Michigan?”

OH FCK YOU JESS. Behind the golden ornate mask, Dan sent a glare in his cousin’s direction who was grinning from the side before sending him two thumbs up. You know what signal he wanted to send her? Dan could tell you right fcking now, it did not involve his not his thumb. Scott? A FARMER? Fck you Jess. FCK YOU.

The man standing before him was also possibly one of the dumbest members of his family he had ever met. Thank God the relation was distant. Daniel had often told the man to his face that he was an idiot half the time. No really, like who the actual fck wants to make a theme park in Antarctica? DUDE. And one of his genius ideas was “Penguin rides” for toddlers…. Dan had to berate the man a good amount to get that thought out of his mind… and he still tried. Let’s just say: long story short, Lavington was pretty much broke now.

Clearing his throat, a boyish voice left his lips. God, he hated doing the American Accent, but JESS WAS WRONG. He was not bloody bad at it. “Sorry to disappoint, I believe the duchess heard wrong. I’m a franchiser in the states, not a farmer. Don’t worry though, I’m sure it happens all the time and between you and I, I’ve heard the duchess is hard of hearing.”

A soft smile met his lips as he looked at the idiot in front of him, cutting him off before yet another stupid sentence could leave his mouth. “If you don’t mind, I’d love to continue this conversation, but my girlfriend is waving me over.”

With those words, Daniel navigated away from the idiot, but he actually heard the man yell SCOTT after him which only made him walk faster. God, he needed to lose him… Setting his sights on a girl near the middle of the ball, Daniel walked behind her – his hand going gently around her as he leaned in and whispered – continuing the idiotic accent as he spoke to the blonde. “Just go along with this for a second”

“Scott, sir. A franchiser is even better – you must know the business of opening a theme park then. I’m currently in negotiations…”

OH FOR FCKS SAKE. Jess just had to send the village idiot, didn’t she?

“So sorry Duke of Laughington, like I said before, I promised my girlfriend a dance and I’m sure you wouldn’t want me to dishonor her by not… dancing? We’ll talk later okay?”

Daniel stated, walking away as the duke attempted to correct him – his hand on the back of the blonde he had yet to look at. Though, when she turned, he found himself for the first time meeting her eyes. Her features were covered by a golden mask of her own, though he could tell she was gorgeous - her features delicate from what he could see. Her long blonde hair fell down her shoulders, and an amused expression met her lips.

“Duke of Laughington, huh?”

“Might as have well been, darl…” he found himself reverting to his usual self and had to clear his throat to continue the accent. “All I know is he’s a joke… and you…. don’t seem like the type to appreciate his type of humor.”

“So you know my type then? Slightly presumptuous, don’t you think?”

“Not presumptuous… but I can tell you have good taste”. . For a second, Dan allowed his eyes to travel down to her red dress which complimented her skin tone perfectly. What? He couldn’t help himself - he was appreciating beauty okay?

“Wow, a boyfriend, a compliment, and you checking me out all under 5 minutes. You move fast. Am I getting a wedding ring at minute 10 then?

Dan let his eyes wonder back to hers and he couldn’t help the smile that met his lips. So beauty and wit - well, that just added to the allure then.

“I was thinking more at minute 15 myself,"

“Oh were you? I think I was promised a dance - maybe be could make up that 5 minute difference, Scott,”

A gentle frown met his lips at that wretched name - though Dan hid it almost immediately as he picked up her hand gently and led her to where the participants were dancing. Placing one hand in hers, he allowed the other one to go to her waist. “I don’t think I caught your name.," he whispered, as he moved through the movements of the dance he had learned as a child.

“That’s because I never gave it,”

Dan shot up his eyebrow, watching her bemused smile grow at those words. “And why not?"

“What’s the fun of a mascarade if you know who the other person is, Scotty?”

“And what If I told you, that wasn’t my name?"

“Well that makes this whole game more interesting, doesn’t it? Anyways, you don’t look like a Scott.”

SEE JESS. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT DAN WAS TRYING TO EXPLAIN EARLIER. Where is Jess? Let’s take this girl over to tell her exactly that. Oh… but then he’d lose the bet. Sht. Never mind.

“So what should I call you then?"

“Your girlfriend, obviously.”

A laugh met Dan’s lips at the words as he twirled her, soon having her back against him as they swayed to the classical music. “You’re different,”

“And you need to learn how to give a better compliment.”

She was… something. A good something… and perhaps the most interesting girl in the room by far - something Dan would know since he had been to more than his fair share of these types of bloody parties. He found the music ending, but honestly, for the first time in a long time, he didn’t want it to end. Girls honestly hadn’t interested him ever since his break up with Yara - honestly most seemed dull in comparison. But this girl in the golden mask and red dress… well… it just felt different.

“And what do I have to do to get your real name?”

“Learn how to live in the moment.”

“Who says I’m not?”

“Excuse me, Mr. Scott? I’m so sorry to be a bother…”

Dan sighed, turning behind him to face another man which Dan recognized as his 3rd Cousin, Trent. He was quite literally a 14-year-old who tried to act as if he knew what he was doing. By that, Dan honestly meant tried because he often failed. “No,” Dan got out, putting his hand up at the kid before turning around to face the girl he was with… only to realize she had disappeared. What… the fck.

Well… the rest of the party was a bloody bust. Not the acting part, that much Dan did easily. Pretend to be American and have no one recognize you? Check. Well… mostly. His favorite 3-year-old cousin recognized him and wanted to dance but Jess totally didn’t see that… totally. It didn’t count okay? She had like… child intuition. The reason the rest of the party was a bust was because he couldn’t find that girl again… honestly she up and disappeared.

Dan found himself standing in the balcony alone - a drink in hand as he pulled out his phone. Frowning as he immediately went to looking at an instagram page he had since unfollowed. Yara Keller… there was a photo of her on a flight to New York City. To broadway… that was always her dream and sure… maybe Dan had made it happen so that he wouldn’t have to… deal with her being near him. But… well… it still hurt. It hurt that she looked happy… that she… no, fck her. She deserved no compliments from him… so why was he so infatuated by taking in every detail of the photo?

“Is this your version of living in the moment?”

The familiar voice hit his ears, and Daniel found himself immediately turning towards her. The moonlight illuminated her entire being and it was honestly impossible to look away. “Who would like to know?” Dan questioned cheekily as he walked towards her, closing the distance before taking another sip of his drink.

“Nice try,” There was a laugh to her voice, but he found her hand reaching towards his and before he could do anything else, he found her grabbing the drink he had and taking a longer sip.

“You disappeared.”

“Did I?”

“I think I at least deserve to know your name after being left alone by my girlfriend,.”

He found her laughing as she handed the drink back. “How about I give you something else?”

"And why would I… Dan didn’t get to finish that sentiment before he found her arms around his neck and her lips on his. The shock of it all faded quickly, and soon, all that mattered was the taste of her which honestly left him breathless. How long had it happened? God only knows - because Daniel Parker was lost in kissing her. His had moved to the back of her head, and he had her pressed against the side wall.

“OH MY GOD”

Daniel found himself cursing slightly as he moved his bruised lips away from hers, turning to find a woman with her child - covering his eyes. “You two should be bloody ashamed. You’re at a public party. What is your name Sir? I’m going to make sure you are never invited to an event hosted by the queen again. How dar-”

Yeah she wouldn’t bloody shut up. Walking towards the woman, Dan simply removed his mask - instantly being recognized by the woman who went from yelling to apologizing. “Just leave” Dan got out - turning around to see the girl again uncaring if she saw his face or not… the only issue… she wasn’t there anymore.

4-years-later

Daniel Parker never saw that girl again - the one in the red dress and for months after, she filled his mind. Sadly, no amount of hacking the guest list helped him figure out who she was - all Dan knew or… maybe gathered about the situation was that she was an uninvited plus one. Did that mean he didn’t look for her at parties after that one? No… he looked. And then, slowly, that memory simply dulled.

Well… until now.

Dan stood confused, looking at a red dress with impeccable similarity to the one the girl had been wearing that night. It was… impossible. Daniel unzipped the clothing bag that it was in to get a better look, only to find the mask settled to the bottom. It was in his distraction that he found arms wrap around his torso. “Already regretting letting me move in, love?” Dan turned around to look at Valerie who he had been helping unpack for the past… 3 hours? “Oh I forgot about that dress. Haven’t worn it in…”

“4 years?”

“4 years”

@CerealKiller - The Girl in the Red Dress/ Yara
@Littlefeets - Idk why but I feel like Kai was at this party and invited Valerie
@astxrism - Dorian Trashed and Dylan Mentioned

3 Likes